Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

M3 or RS4 or something else?

M3 or RS4 or something else?

Old Jan 22nd 2009, 4:35 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute
Default M3 or RS4 or something else?

I've been looking at buying a car (I am sick to death of the Lancer it's to slow )

Anyways, I have been looking at M3's but then thought about the Audi RS4. Does anyone have experience of these cars?

If you can suggest anything else let me know, I am open to suggestions as there is just to much to choose from here.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 4:50 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: M3 or RS4 or something else?

Originally Posted by Bison
I've been looking at buying a car (I am sick to death of the Lancer it's to slow )

Anyways, I have been looking at M3's but then thought about the Audi RS4. Does anyone have experience of these cars?

If you can suggest anything else let me know, I am open to suggestions as there is just to much to choose from here.

how much are you willing to pay?

how many kilometers do you live a way from work? or how many kilometers are you expecting to drive your car every year?

for how long do you want to keep the car?

do you care about power more? or comfort? or both?
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 4:58 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

I am completely biased on this, Bison, as I have had S4's for the last 7 years. Decided against getting one here based on the cost and availability of parts. Have only ever owned one M3 and almost immediatley wanted to go back to the dealer and take back the S4 I had traded in.....
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 5:08 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

I am completely biased on this, Bison, as I have had S4's for the last 7 years. Decided against getting one here based on the cost and availability of parts. Have only ever owned one M3 and almost immediatley wanted to go back to the dealer and take back the S4 I had traded in.....
Why?

I live about 25 mins from work, drive in the evening alot going to clubs etc. Would go on long drives through mountains if I had a decent car with some power, want to spend up to 150k and will keep it for at least 2 years I would have thought.

Previous cars included:

Lexus LS400
Volvo 850 T5-R
Nissan 200SX Turbo (S14)
Sierra Sapphire Cosworth
Renault 21 Turbo
Granada Scorpio Cosworth
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 5:09 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
S4.........RS4
330I......M3
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 5:11 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
S4.........RS4
330I......M3
My S4 wipes its arse with 330i's, and loves to see the face of Beemer M3 drivers as it powers round corners, leaving them in its wake.....(probably something to do with the amount of chipping Ive had done to it....)!!!! lol
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 5:17 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

Why?

I live about 25 mins from work, drive in the evening alot going to clubs etc. Would go on long drives through mountains if I had a decent car with some power, want to spend up to 150k and will keep it for at least 2 years I would have thought.

Previous cars included:

Lexus LS400
Volvo 850 T5-R
Nissan 200SX Turbo (S14)
Sierra Sapphire Cosworth
Renault 21 Turbo
Granada Scorpio Cosworth

there is no LS400 anymore unless you want to buy a 1999 model (which is not a bad idea) that will cost you only 25000-35000 for a nice car.

i suggest for that money that you buy the ES350

you will love it and you will manage to sell it for high price after 2 years.

when it comes to resell value the rest of cars you just mentioned are crap.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 5:19 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Why?

Previous cars included:

Lexus LS400
Volvo 850 T5-R
Nissan 200SX Turbo (S14)
Sierra Sapphire Cosworth
Renault 21 Turbo
Granada Scorpio Cosworth
Good grief, there are some dodgy choices on that list.... Surprised the Metro 6r4 isnt there....!!!!!!
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 5:23 am
100% British Beef

Good grief, there are some dodgy choices on that list.... Surprised the Metro 6r4 isnt there....!!!!!!
If they would have made a road going version then it might have been, that car was kick-arse!

Beardman, I don't want another Lexus, they are boring and designed for old men who piss their pants.

All of the other cars in the list were fun to drive, suprisingly the Grandad was a good un to (being RWD).

How mush do the S4's go for over here and where the hell could I find one, also who does the chipping, mapping and performance stuff in Dubai?

Bison
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 5:24 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

My S4 wipes its arse with 330i's, and loves to see the face of Beemer M3 drivers as it powers round corners, leaving them in its wake.....(probably something to do with the amount of chipping Ive had done to it....)!!!! lol
remind me of how old you are?
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 5:26 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

apparently he is much younger than he looks...
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 5:28 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

If they would have made a road going version then it might have been, that car was kick-arse!

Beardman, I don't want another Lexus, they are boring and designed for old men who piss their pants.

All of the other cars in the list were fun to drive, suprisingly the Grandad was a good un to (being RWD).

How mush do the S4's go for over here and where the hell could I find one, also who does the chipping, mapping and performance stuff in Dubai?

Bison
Although I am an avid Audi fan, I have never gone for one outside Europe.. Last 2 non-Euro cars have been Chargers... Had my US one chipped up the ying-yang but heard somewhere that chipping cars over here is a no-no... Anyone advise????
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 5:29 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

I fall into the 30-39 bracket (only just!!!). What can I say, I have been a petrol head for as long as I could reach the pedals....
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 5:30 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Originally Posted by MataHari
apparently he is much younger than he looks...
Ill take that as a very thickly-veiled compliment.....
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 5:30 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Ill take that as a very thickly-veiled compliment.....
you're welcome...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.