London riots

Old Aug 9th 2011, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London riots

Originally Posted by Scamp
The man's entitled to a holiday. Get over it, you really think that DC making a statement on TV would have made ANY difference to the ****wits on the street?

Stop making excuses for these people. Most are my age and seem to believe they have a right to a house, money, benefits and the perks that go with. When things are hard, what happens - they riot / burn buildings down / steal. I agree it's a shame seeing independent stores being destroyed by this, but completely disagree with you that it doesn't matter what you do to the big name chains - that's just pig ignorant and small minded. It's still illegal.

It's actually embarrassing to say I'm a 'youth' (technically) and British today.
The man's entitled to a holiday ? Not when the capital's burning and the stock markets on it's knee's he's not. Cameron , Clegg , May , Osborne and Boris all on holiday at the same time when the shits hit the fan. You wouldn't run a builders merchants like that.

Running the country is not a 9-5 job mate it's you're life , we don't have all our senior management off on holiday at the same time and that's at this level of business , unbelievable management of the country , these people are fu**ing amateurs !

I agree with the rest of your post though
Old Aug 9th 2011, 5:52 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by co durham boy
The man's entitled to a holiday ? Not when the capital's burning and the stock markets on it's knee's he's not. Cameron , Clegg , May , Osborne and Boris all on holiday at the same time when the shits hit the fan. You wouldn't run a builders merchants like that.

Running the country is not a 9-5 job mate it's you're life , we don't have all our senior management off on holiday at the same time and that's at this level of business , unbelievable management of the country , these people are fu**ing amateurs !

I agree with the rest of your post though
In fairness, I've only just been reading about all of them being off at the same time - that I completely agree with...it's ridiculous.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

paca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nice

They should create some jobs for them

and I mean by this that they should make them clean up the mess they made
Old Aug 9th 2011, 6:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree- its very poor show that Cameron has taken so long to return home. I know he can do everything remotely but it doesn't sit welll with me that the countries leader is off swanning about and it takes him 3 days of rioting and the near collapse of the euro to return. Of course no one could have predicted the scale to which it kicked off last night however he will come under sharp criticsm for this.

Clegg came across as an absolute idiot on the news last night.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 6:06 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by kittycat1
That's because he is nothing more than a tea boy in a suit.

Absolute ****ing idiot.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 6:19 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Agreed. Disappointing.

In the long run it will be his response to the aftermath of the riots and the next steps taken that will be remembered rather than how quickly he returned to Britain. Hopefully he's learning from this.

I agree- its very poor show that Cameron has taken so long to return home. I know he can do everything remotely but it doesn't sit welll with me that the countries leader is off swanning about and it takes him 3 days of rioting and the near collapse of the euro to return. Of course no one could have predicted the scale to which it kicked off last night however he will come under sharp criticsm for this.

Old Aug 9th 2011, 6:29 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Let's add Croydon, of all places. Apparently there are groups encouraging others to kick of in Southhampton and the like...

I just can't get over the level of mindlessness. Yes, lots of people are finding it tough, but pillaging and destroying things isn't going to help. Worrying.

Also, gosh... it's going to come a time where governments have to officially address how to deal with organisation of such things through social networking sites - a difficult balance between personal freedom and national security. Wow - wouldn't want to be in on deciding that one!
Old Aug 9th 2011, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

Location: Just moved back to the East Coast - living on the Nambucca
missmileyselina is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paca
They should create some jobs for them

and I mean by this that they should make them clean up the mess they made
Old Aug 9th 2011, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

I agree- its very poor show that Cameron has taken so long to return home. I know he can do everything remotely but it doesn't sit welll with me that the countries leader is off swanning about and it takes him 3 days of rioting and the near collapse of the euro to return. Of course no one could have predicted the scale to which it kicked off last night however he will come under sharp criticsm for this. Clegg came across as an absolute idiot on the news last night.
Not really sure what the "near collapse of the Euro" has to do with Cameron. We are not part of the Euro zone yet as far as I'm aware. He does need to be back at the helm to sort out the financial crisis affecting the banks, though. Waiting for UK debt to be downgraded to AA+ next...
Old Aug 9th 2011, 6:42 am
Account Closed

[QUOTE=Hello.Kitty;9546489]Let's add Croydon, of all places. Apparently there are groups encouraging others to kick of in Southhampton and the like... QUOTE]

Quite true, Southampton is where I moved from and apparently last night was teetering with a lot of potential for trouble but nothing near what's been happening elsewhere.

Read on a news page that a few people have been dragged from their cars and then the car set on fire.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 6:44 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
Let's add Croydon, of all places.
Croydon last night
Attached Thumbnails London riots-jump.jpg  
Old Aug 9th 2011, 6:46 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

I had to laugh... http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/NewsD...storyid=311475
Old Aug 9th 2011, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

paca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nice

this woman tells it how it is

http://www.twitvid.com/4JTZH
Old Aug 9th 2011, 6:54 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alfrombarking
This might spread across UK and bumface is no where to be seen nor his posh mayor. Man! I used to live in Edmonton sad to see Tottenham is up in smoke!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...14_634x398.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...56_634x362.jpg
It's grim down south.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 6:55 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Scamp;9546512]
Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
Let's add Croydon, of all places. Apparently there are groups encouraging others to kick of in Southhampton and the like... QUOTE]

Quite true, Southampton is where I moved from and apparently last night was teetering with a lot of potential for trouble but nothing near what's been happening elsewhere.

Read on a news page that a few people have been dragged from their cars and then the car set on fire.
What do Southampton have to be angry about? How shit their football team is?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.