London riots

Old Aug 8th 2011, 5:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London riots

I think they are holding back to prevent it really kicking off. So many areas seem to be bubbling perhaps they feel if they go in guns blazing it will be much worse.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

dsmuk is just really nicedsmuk is just really nicedsmuk is just really nicedsmuk is just really nicedsmuk is just really nicedsmuk is just really nicedsmuk is just really nicedsmuk is just really nice

Not sure if it works outside the UK but live Sky News feed.

http://magictv.co/
Old Aug 8th 2011, 5:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

yes it does thanks dsmuk
Old Aug 8th 2011, 5:34 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Can we not refer to these disturbances as riots please. It's mass looting with a dash of vandalism. There's no message behind this violence. Just pure greed.

Look at the shops being targeted. HMV, JD Sports, Game, Currys, Comet, Best Buy, Footlocker, Vodafone, T-Mobile, etc.

What have these all got to do with the shooting of an idiot who shouldn't have been carrying a gun, never mind shooting it at the police, in the first place? Absolutely nothing.

What they do have in relation to the looters is that they are all shops selling highly desirable merchandise to that age group. Makes me ashamed to say I'm the same age as some of them.

As one person tweeted yesterday:

To idiots Comparing #Enfield to Egypt revolution: There were 2 MILLION protestors at Cairo's Tahrir square & they weren't stealing DVDs.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 5:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

its quite extrodinary how quickly the groups seem to be popping up- disturbances now reported in Clapham, Lewisham, New Cross, Peckham and Oxford Street. Bloody glad im not in London tonight!
Old Aug 8th 2011, 5:39 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
I think they are holding back to prevent it really kicking off. So many areas seem to be bubbling perhaps they feel if they go in guns blazing it will be much worse.
Then they need to make sure they bring lots of guns and do plenty of blazing.

This isn't acceptable - am sure most of this is the never been in work useless youth we seem to have plenty of wanting to steal things and let off some steam.

I hope the authorities issue rubber bullets, water cannons and tear gas...and sign a decree banning police from being prosecuted. Am sure the rioters would think twice knowing they can't sue a police officer for beating them after seeing them set fire to a building.

N.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 5:44 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Then they need to make sure they bring lots of guns and do plenty of blazing.

This isn't acceptable - am sure most of this is the never been in work useless youth we seem to have plenty of wanting to steal things and let off some steam.

I hope the authorities issue rubber bullets, water cannons and tear gas...and sign a decree banning police from being prosecuted. Am sure the rioters would think twice knowing they can't sue a police officer for beating them after seeing them set fire to a building.

N.
Taser them. Send a message out, those areas are strictly off limits after x o'clock. Anyone caught covering their face in that area after the curfew time will be tasered without warning and arrested on suspicion of intent to shoplift.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Alexa
Why exactly are they rioting? From what I understand, this guy was an alledged gang member/drug dealer?

Sorry, I am not British, so have very little insight in the society.
Whilst the looting is opportunistic, I’m of the opinion the larger social elements are playing a part. You don’t have to be a top flight economist to know if you’re young right now regardless of educational attainment financially you’re ****ed, the news is full of this just about every day Least we forget youth unemployment is at record levels and the economy is also ****ed. It’s not just wotless wannabe wankstas that are angry but, as exemplified by the student protests earlier in the year young people of all backgrounds. I’m not suggesting breaking into carpet right or burning down Aldi is a useful way of airing grievances, but a symptom of those who have no stake in “regular” society.

It is difficult to compare the struggles and challenges faced by an earlier generation to the struggles faced by the youth of today, just as many things are easier than they were back in the day the nature of the beast is to adapt and present new challenges. What I get from all these shootings and stabbings involving some young people is an element of internalised rage, the rage that would have been shown to the police and the obvious NF/BNP racists being deflected and bouncing back anc causing havoc amongst the youth due to these foes changing form and tactics. However this does not negate personal responsibility nor the need to better yourself, but a way of combating the more destructive elements of an advanced capitalist system is required.

If I were to pop my cynics hat on for a moment, what would be perfect for a met police that’s lost it’s commissioner and deputy commission, has had an officer found guilty of the unlawful killing of Ian Tomlinson, has been criticised for kettling kids not to mention the planned cuts in the numbers of police, their pay and pensions, then being the thin blue line between the “great British public” and rioting inner city youth? If ever there was ever a situation to get the “public” back on their side is the fear of inner city youth running amok. I would say the met are satisfied with this progression at the moment.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alfrombarking
Whilst the looting is opportunistic, I’m of the opinion the larger social elements are playing a part. You don’t have to be a top flight economist to know if you’re young right now regardless of educational attainment financially you’re ****ed, the news is full of this just about every day Least we forget youth unemployment is at record levels and the economy is also ****ed. It’s not just wotless wannabe wankstas that are angry but, as exemplified by the student protests earlier in the year young people of all backgrounds. I’m not suggesting breaking into carpet right or burning down Aldi is a useful way of airing grievances, but a symptom of those who have no stake in “regular” society.

It is difficult to compare the struggles and challenges faced by an earlier generation to the struggles faced by the youth of today, just as many things are easier than they were back in the day the nature of the beast is to adapt and present new challenges. What I get from all these shootings and stabbings involving some young people is an element of internalised rage, the rage that would have been shown to the police and the obvious NF/BNP racists being deflected and bouncing back anc causing havoc amongst the youth due to these foes changing form and tactics. However this does not negate personal responsibility nor the need to better yourself, but a way of combating the more destructive elements of an advanced capitalist system is required.

If I were to pop my cynics hat on for a moment, what would be perfect for a met police that’s lost it’s commissioner and deputy commission, has had an officer found guilty of the unlawful killing of Ian Tomlinson, has been criticised for kettling kids not to mention the planned cuts in the numbers of police, their pay and pensions, then being the thin blue line between the “great British public” and rioting inner city youth? If ever there was ever a situation to get the “public” back on their side is the fear of inner city youth running amok. I would say the met are satisfied with this progression at the moment.
Very interesting, thanks for posting alfrombarking.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

A good few hours rain is what's needed!
Old Aug 8th 2011, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to behold

The smear campaign against the man the police shot is proceeding exactly like all its predecessors it seems.

Lazy c xxx s haven't even come up with a new script, first the initial announcement with added props - a shot radio with a bullet - clearly intended to convey the entirely false impression Duggan had shot at the police. Now that has been exposed as bullshit we get all the usual tossers in the Sun, Telegraph and the rest heaping shit on the victim.

All this shite presumably written by the Met's now famous 65 strong press office.

Last edited by alfrombarking; Aug 8th 2011 at 6:41 pm.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 6:30 pm

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

It late and I'm tired so not going to get dragged into a massive debate .... But regardless of what actually happened with Duggan (and I seriously doubt that 90% of the fookwits involved have any idea of who he even is) I find it very hard to find any justification for rioting / looting in a developed nation....
Old Aug 8th 2011, 6:49 pm
Off Topic

northbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nice

For me it seems similar to Bahrain, i.e. hitting policemens by car etc...
I think the response must be also similar (only difference that UK forces may not need help of NATO shield)
Old Aug 8th 2011, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by northbadawi
For me it seems similar to Bahrain, i.e. hitting policemens by car etc...
I think the response must be also similar (only difference that UK forces may not need help of NATO shield)
Kicking off in Birmingham apparently.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 7:34 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.