London riots

Old Aug 11th 2011, 5:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London riots

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/7337
Old Aug 11th 2011, 5:41 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas
People react badly to those kinds of statements because:
1- They are usually part of a hate-filled rant of bitterness.
2- These tests of loyalty are not required of others who happen to be not white, even when they end up raping children, murdering pensioners, committing troops to fight in a war on false premises. But a brown-skinned fella in a fight? He's obviously trying to impose his value system on UK society and working to turn us into another Afghanistan. He should go back if he doesn't want to stick to our rules.
3- They are impractical or even impossible to carry out. How do you test that someone puts 'local culture first'? Sounds pretty hard to define and quantify, which is another dodge- let's make it impossible to prove allegiance, therefore easy to kick out. Finally.

So- when people roll their eyes at these 'suggestions', it is not without reason. You are knowingly or not, just repeating inflammatory racist ignorant crap, disguised as normal ignorant crap.

As for "G20 rioters are an international breed - the evil offspring of the Marxists/Anarchists who haven't a brain cell between them."

Looks like some Norwegian nutter has been ripping your ideas off. He's made a website and stuff.... Anders something or other...
Yet another association with terrorists, and extremist I see.

Anders also quoted JFK, Shakespeare, and a host of others – are all those people he quoted in league with him? Are the responsible for his actions? If so we can blame Martin Luther for Hitler because Hitler quoted him several times. We can blame almost anyone for anything using this way of thinking…and we also do the mad men a favour by taking the blame for their actions and placing it at the feet of unrelated people whom he or she used as twisted inspiration. Have you even read his “manifesto”?

To be frank you haven’t actually made many posts to me without some open or veiled accusation of me being a Neo-Nazi, a terrorist enabler or a racist. It’s a pity you can’t comment on my views without committing a slippery slope and straw man fallacy:
Example:
I say: I feel we need to debate continued mass immigration, find ways to better integrate and assimilate people by promoting native values and culture above others in the UK. In other words multi-culturalism hasn't worked.
You say: Loyalty tests? Deportations? Some extremist, racist and/or popularist groups hold some of these views – therefore you are one of them/in league with them/secretly supporting them/want to or should join them.

So essentially you make logical fallacies in order to expand whatever I say (or rather, what you think I say) to make the position harder to defend. You also engage in ad hominum arguing by suggesting that I share the same views with terrorists, racists and extremists.

I’m happy to clarify my views, and happy to agree to disagree with you or anyone else. I’m not happy to see myself linked to murderers, thugs or people with neo-Nazi agendas for the simple reason that me and my family are multi-racial (which is different from multi-cultural if you open a dictionary rather than relying on EU Orwellian Newspeak to define race and culture) and also because I am very proud my grandfather and all his brothers fought the Nazi’s and contributed to the Allied victory...I still have my grandfathers medals and will pass them on to my son.

N.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 5:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alfrombarking

David Cameron's new racist best friend.

http://wosblog.podgamer.com/2011/08/...w-best-friend/
Police budgets were gona get cut.
Public decry police's wringing their hands and not doing anything to stop the looting.
Boris now says police budgets will not be cut.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

sherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud of

Old Aug 11th 2011, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

paca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nice

Old Aug 11th 2011, 9:28 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

That's rather funny

Shame there are so many grammatical errors & spelling mistakes. Detracts from my enjoyment. <grammar geek/>
Old Aug 11th 2011, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

dsmuk is just really nicedsmuk is just really nicedsmuk is just really nicedsmuk is just really nicedsmuk is just really nicedsmuk is just really nicedsmuk is just really nicedsmuk is just really nice

Love it!

Best bit was about they burnt down the post office on Saturday night only to turn up on Monday to cash their giros!
Old Aug 11th 2011, 2:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Reasons for the riots

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-14483149

Welfare dependence
Social Exclusion
Lack of fathers
Spending cuts
Weak Policing
Racism
Gangsta rap and culture
Consumerism
Opportunism
Technology and social networking

or is it all a load of old bollocks?
Old Aug 11th 2011, 2:23 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Reasons for the riots

1. Welfare dependence
  2. Social Exclusion
  3. Lack of fathers
  4. Spending cuts
  5. Weak Policing
  6. Racism
  7. Gangsta rap and culture
  8. Consumerism
  9. Opportunism
  10. Technology
  11. and social networking
I think some of that is correct, certainly 1, 2, 3 (I prefer 'lack of decent parental role models'), 6, 7 and 8.

There seem to be an awful lot of people who do not feel part of mainstream society, do not see the 'system' in the same way most of us here probably do and feel that they are entitled to have the things deemed desirable. Seems many are not brought up with the old Puritan work ethic.

I have been mulling this over for days, but really don't know what the answer is. I am however, fairly sure that just cutting off benefits won't make matters any better.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 2:44 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Getting old now...especially when you understand a bit of German.

N.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 2:47 pm

Thanks for posting this...puts it into perspective.

What a great father - as a father I can't even imagine how he feels.

N.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Shame how the only times you quote that nutter, it just so happens to be the stuff about "not white = bad". Which also happens to be the stuff that the EDL, Northern League etc keep mentioning, in passing like.

Or how about we address my points 1,2,3?
Old Aug 11th 2011, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Reasons for the riots

Welfare dependence
Social Exclusion
Lack of fathers
Spending cuts
Weak Policing
Racism
Gangsta rap and culture
Consumerism
Opportunism
Technology and social networking

I'd add this little tidbit ..

Resentment of the Police stop & search, and general feeling that the law is there to harass the poor.

Below is an article from June 2nd, where Bishop Wayne Malcom had this to say:
"There appears to be a disconnect between young people's actual experience on the street of the police and what the statistics say," he said. "There is a perception that the police are not on their side – on the side of law-abiding people – that the police are thuggish, that they're pretty much another gang, that they are abusing their powers of stop-and-search and that they are treating people and speaking to people with such lack of dignity or respect that …"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...top-and-search
Old Aug 11th 2011, 3:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

This is why you don't want to address them, because they are laughable.

Another 'Straw Man'? I hired these people and filmed it just to make the EDL look stupid, right?
Old Aug 11th 2011, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by seven seas
This is why you don't want to address them, because they are laughable.

Another 'Straw Man'? I hired these people and filmed it just to make the EDL look stupid, right?
Of course it's a Straw Man and a Slippery Slope. I am not a supporter of the EDL/BNP or any other group like them.

Once again, like a broken record you slide downwards into further fallacy.

N.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.