Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Lockerbie bomber released: America hits back......

Wikiposts

Lockerbie bomber released: America hits back......

Old Aug 24th 2009, 4:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lockerbie bomber released: America hits back......

http://www.boycottscotland.com/
Old Aug 24th 2009, 4:59 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lockerbie bomber released: America hits back......

Originally Posted by The Dean
what a dull-looking site: they need a few pictures of tins of shortbread, bottles of whisky and plastic nessies to break up the monotony
Old Aug 24th 2009, 5:08 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
what a dull-looking site: they need a few pictures of tins of shortbread, bottles of whisky and plastic nessies to break up the monotony
Dull sight from a dull person. Sweet FA to do with anyone but the Jocks the US should have a god look at its own justice system
Old Aug 24th 2009, 6:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
Dull sight from a dull person. Sweet FA to do with anyone but the Jocks the US should have a god look at its own justice system
And there are stories coming out of the USA tonight that convicted swindler Bernie "150 Years" Madoff has terminal cancer...........

........... I think they should release him 149.8 years early on compassionate grounds...........
Old Aug 24th 2009, 7:14 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Haha.."they" quote Lord Owen at the top of the first page but do not seem to be aware that Lord Owen agrees with Kenny MacAskill's decision on compassionate release on licence!

Apparently it is a one-person website authored a New Yorker via an ISP in Canada.
Old Aug 25th 2009, 1:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MacScot
Haha.."they" quote Lord Owen at the top of the first page but do not seem to be aware that Lord Owen agrees with Kenny MacAskill's decision on compassionate release on licence!

Apparently it is a one-person website authored a New Yorker via an ISP in Canada.
it is a one-person website

Getting huge publicity though..............
Old Aug 25th 2009, 1:27 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

it is a one-person website

Getting huge publicity though..............
...more so by UK press, though. The website has been up and running over 4 days now and only just over 1,300 signed the petition...and that includes those signing in and making comments that tell the Americans where to get off.

Big US papers (NYT, BH etc) hardly reporting on the matter...also dropped now on BBC World and CNN...so should all blow over soon.
Old Aug 25th 2009, 3:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

...more so by UK press, though. The website has been up and running over 4 days now and only just over 1,300 signed the petition...and that includes those signing in and making comments that tell the Americans where to get off.

Big US papers (NYT, BH etc) hardly reporting on the matter...also dropped now on BBC World and CNN...so should all blow over soon.
So............ Scotland saved then.................. thank goodness for that.
Old Aug 25th 2009, 4:55 am
A bubbly-jock...

So............ Scotland saved then.................. thank goodness for that.
Looks like it Though Brown had nothing to say but, secretly, being the son of a minister of the manse, he would probably agree with the compassionate release decision by MacAskill...but cant say so without further upsetting the Americans.
Old Aug 25th 2009, 5:08 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like it Though Brown had nothing to say but, secretly, being the son of a minister of the manse, he would probably agree with the compassionate release decision by MacAskill...but cant say so without further upsetting the Americans.
Well I only have one thing to say Ronnie Biggs
Old Aug 25th 2009, 5:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Thydney
Well I only have one thing to say Ronnie Biggs
And I say....... Bernie Madoff.

He's only got 149 years and eight months to serve, but he's dying of cancer (allegedly). Go on, America, do the compassionate thing...........

Ronnie Biggs can't walk, can't eat and apparently no longer even recognises his own son. He was a burden on his prison, surely. Kicking him out was simply sensible.
Old Aug 25th 2009, 5:29 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

I just can't think why the scottish government came to this decision..if not simply to put 2 fingers up at London..bit of sabre rattling from the jocks me thinks...
Old Aug 25th 2009, 5:32 am
Not dead yet

And I say....... Bernie Madoff.

He's only got 149 years and eight months to serve, but he's dying of cancer (allegedly). Go on, America, do the compassionate thing...........

Ronnie Biggs can't walk, can't eat and apparently no longer even recognises his own son. He was a burden on his prison, surely. Kicking him out was simply sensible.
And you think the stuff fredbassett needs is a cheaper option?
Old Aug 25th 2009, 5:37 am
A bubbly-jock...

Originally Posted by commander
I just can't think why the scottish government came to this decision..if not simply to put 2 fingers up at London..bit of sabre rattling from the jocks me thinks...
Probably

One thing that came out of all this inadvertently, is the world now knows that Scotland actually has its own government (even though with limited powers). An Emirati last night asked me about the politics and said he was surpised that we had our own government...as he thought "Scotland was part of England !"
Old Aug 25th 2009, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

One thing that came out of all this inadvertently, is the world now knows that Scotland actually has its own government
Well, that is good.

I agree about the SNP just flexing its muscles. Although it's more like throwing the baby out with the bathwater to me.

It seems like you can get your 15 minutes of fame by simply putting together a website dedicated to boycotting some country that doesn't follow US foreign policy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.