Live Rugby on TV

Old Jul 20th 2013, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Live Rugby on TV

For those of you who love watching quality rugby union, several of the best players in the world are currently (starting 11.30am) in action on OSN Sports as the NZ Crusaders host the Queensland Reds in the first of the Super 15 play-offs. A brilliant start to the match.
Old Jul 20th 2013, 9:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Live Rugby on TV

Originally Posted by mentalist
For those of you who love watching quality rugby union, several of the best players in the world are currently (starting 11.30am) in action on OSN Sports as the NZ Crusaders host the Queensland Reds in the first of the Super 15 play-offs. A brilliant start to the match.
I got bored (although I'm still half-watching it) - the standard in Stupor-XV is lower this year than for ages.

I suspect it is because many of the best players from the SH are nearing the sunset of their careers, and the new kids on the block aren't in the same class.

I am also irritated by the moronic booing of Quade Cooper by the Kiwi crowds - don't they ever get bored of being boring?
Old Jul 20th 2013, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

It was rather one-sided. The Aussies failed to perform (again) but I still find it much more entertaining than the British stuff.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 8:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by The Dean
I got bored (although I'm still half-watching it) - the standard in Stupor-XV is lower this year than for ages.

I suspect it is because many of the best players from the SH are nearing the sunset of their careers, and the new kids on the block aren't in the same class.

I am also irritated by the moronic booing of Quade Cooper by the Kiwi crowds - don't they ever get bored of being boring?
Agree.
Agree.
Agree.

Supbore 15 is an advert for attacking, flowing rugby - great. But the attacks aren't so spectacular that a good defence couldn't stop them.

I'd love to see some international club competition that meant something and had top European sides against the SH counterparts. Would be fascinating to watch.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 10:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Agree.
Agree.
Agree.

Supbore 15 is an advert for attacking, flowing rugby - great. But the attacks aren't so spectacular that a good defence couldn't stop them.

I'd love to see some international club competition that meant something and had top European sides against the SH counterparts. Would be fascinating to watch.
I've thought about that last point a lot.

It is difficult to compare like-with-like when the two top competitions in the NH are club-based (Aviva Prem and Top Quattorze) while the main SH comp (Stupor-XV) is regions, states, provinces, etc.

I think the Crusaders, say, would probably be too strong (say seven times out of ten) for the likes of Saracens (although they would find that Sarries don't miss tackles like most S-XV teams do) - but in a genuine club-v-club game (say, Leicester-v-Manly or Harlequins-v-Bay Of Plenty), the NH team would be able to declare at half-time..........
Old Jul 21st 2013, 11:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I've thought about that last point a lot.

It is difficult to compare like-with-like when the two top competitions in the NH are club-based (Aviva Prem and Top Quattorze) while the main SH comp (Stupor-XV) is regions, states, provinces, etc.

I think the Crusaders, say, would probably be too strong (say seven times out of ten) for the likes of Saracens (although they would find that Sarries don't miss tackles like most S-XV teams do) - but in a genuine club-v-club game (say, Leicester-v-Manly or Harlequins-v-Bay Of Plenty), the NH team would be able to declare at half-time..........
I know the response may be the national sides generally lose at the moment to SH teams, but club rugby is very different. Even just in atmosphere etc.

Imagine a top Supbore 15 side coming to the Stoop and getting down and dirty with 11,000 vocal quins fans on a bumpy, windy pitch. It's very different to a 50/60,000 posh stadium and atmosphere.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 11:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Scamp
I know the response may be the national sides generally lose at the moment to SH teams, but club rugby is very different. Even just in atmosphere etc.

Imagine a top Supbore 15 side coming to the Stoop and getting down and dirty with 11,000 vocal quins fans on a bumpy, windy pitch. It's very different to a 50/60,000 posh stadium and atmosphere.
Yes - and often the 50,000-60,000 stadium is only a quarter full............
Old Jul 21st 2013, 11:13 am
Account Closed

Yes - and often the 50,000-60,000 stadium is only a quarter full............
Still, who knows. Club rugby is so amazing in the Aviva league that almost anyone can beat anyone. Triffic stuff and can't wait for the new season.

Come on without!
Come on within!
You won't see nothin' like the mighty Quins!
Old Jul 27th 2013, 5:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Should be another good Saturday on OSN Sports. At 11.30am the best two NZ club teams play each other for a place in the Super 15 Final followed at 7pm by the best South African club team playing the best Aussie club team. I fancy a Crusaders v Bulls Final, but any of the teams could win their semi final games. They are closely matched with home advantage favouring the Chiefs and Bulls respectively but with the Crusaders in the best current form.
Old Jul 27th 2013, 7:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Should be another good Saturday on OSN Sports. At 11.30am the best two NZ club teams play each other for a place in the Super 15 Final followed at 7pm by the best South African club team playing the best Aussie club team. I fancy a Crusaders v Bulls Final, but any of the teams could win their semi final games. They are closely matched with home advantage favouring the Chiefs and Bulls respectively but with the Crusaders in the best current form.
Yeah........... I'm stuck in the office today, but I will catch the replay later. Tonight's game looks intriguing...........
Old Jul 27th 2013, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Yeah........... I'm stuck in the office today...
Pole sana, hakuna matata.
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

The Super 15 Final starts at 11.30am Saturday (today) on OSN Sports. The NZ Chiefs v NSW Brumbies. Should be a hard tackling match.
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 9:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Super 15 Final starts at 11.30am Saturday (today) on OSN Sports. The NZ Chiefs v NSW Brumbies. Should be a hard tackling match.
63 mins...... 17-22.......... really hoping the Brumbies can hang on to this one...........
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 10:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That was harsh on the Brumbies, a couple of poor non-decisions swinging the game the other way.......... the Chiefs only took the lead for the very first time in the 69th minute............ oh well..........
Old Aug 4th 2013, 4:53 am
BE Forum Addict

That was harsh on the Brumbies, a couple of poor non-decisions swinging the game the other way.......... the Chiefs only took the lead for the very first time in the 69th minute............ oh well..........
Here is a fairly accurate assessment on why the Brumbies lost http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blo...er-rugby-final