Live Music???

Old Sep 17th 2007, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

anna-beth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Live Music???

Hiya guys,

My names Anna, I'm looking to relocate to Dubai, I'm a singer, can anyone help me with contacts to other performers out there or agents...PLEASE!!!

Thanks in Advance xxx

Anna
Old Sep 17th 2007, 7:54 pm

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Live Music???

Originally Posted by anna-beth
Hiya guys,

My names Anna, I'm looking to relocate to Dubai, I'm a singer, can anyone help me with contacts to other performers out there or agents...PLEASE!!!

Thanks in Advance xxx

Anna
This is a new kind of request... not sure how to help, I do know there are a lot of pub/club acts here and most of the ones i have seen have been Phillippino... and excellent at what they do. what kind of music?
I know a Canadian girl here who had a good voice and wanted to sing for her living but it was going to cost her a lot of money to start up so she never even went for it. Maybe some of the other guys on here can help you but it will be tomorrow as its bed time here...
Old Sep 17th 2007, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

ok
Old Sep 17th 2007, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

Well any help would be much appreciated xx I have a website, please take a look

www.anna-experience.cabanova.com

cheers

Last edited by anna-beth; Sep 17th 2007 at 8:46 pm. Reason: add more text
Old Sep 18th 2007, 3:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

You have to be licensed by a hotel or venue who have to go through the municipality. Once you have a license It is only for that venue.
The guys who are out here with licenses can't Jam together at various venues. Your best bet would be to get in touch with somewhere like Jumeriah Hotel Group who have lots of outlets.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 4:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya guys,

Thanks in Advance xxx

Anna
Anna, my love......... I just looked at your website.........

You do (among other things) cover versions of Herman's Hermits songs?? Gotta love you for that....

Dubai awaits..........
Old Sep 18th 2007, 5:14 am
Just Joined

It sounds very much like working here in TRNC, I got round the work permit thing, by buying a business, in effect I'm a product, and so can sell myself to anyone, are there other options, or loopholes? I hear you have Big acts that visit for one off events...how does this effect them? Does anyone know, If all your Local acts are Legit? Or do they claim to work for free?

"woke up this morning, feeling fine ....sing along!"

Anna
xxx

Thanks for your help
Old Sep 18th 2007, 5:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds very much like working here in TRNC, I got round the work permit thing, by buying a business, in effect I'm a product, and so can sell myself to anyone, are there other options, or loopholes? I hear you have Big acts that visit for one off events...how does this effect them? Does anyone know, If all your Local acts are Legit? Or do they claim to work for free?

"woke up this morning, feeling fine ....sing along!"

Anna
xxx

Thanks for your help
".... there's something special on my mind,
Last night I met a new girl in the neighbourhood,
Something tells me I'm into something good"

Oh Anna...... the memories.........

Now then...... I can help you find work in the Middle East..... just one condition:

Get your government to pull out of northern Cyprus and give it back to its rightful owners..........

Agreed?
Old Sep 18th 2007, 6:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
".... there's something special on my mind,
Last night I met a new girl in the neighbourhood,
Something tells me I'm into something good"

Oh Anna...... the memories.........

Now then...... I can help you find work in the Middle East..... just one condition:

Get your government to pull out of northern Cyprus and give it back to its rightful owners..........
Agreed?
the British??
Old Sep 18th 2007, 6:48 am
Just Joined

What ever do you mean???

Lol!
Old Sep 18th 2007, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
the British??
Old Sep 18th 2007, 2:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
the British??

Yes we invaded Cyprus in 1974.......... we also invaded The Falklands in 1982!!!

The Turks are there (hence TRNC) illegally - simple as that.

But if Anna is entertaining the "Turks" of Northern Cyprus with Herman's Hermits songs, I think there are genuine hopes for an amicable solution......

"Sunshine girl, I'm looking down your bra......" - or was that the 'alternative' schoolboy version.........???
Old Sep 18th 2007, 3:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean

Yes we invaded Cyprus in 1974.......... we also invaded The Falklands in 1982!!!

The Turks are there (hence TRNC) illegally - simple as that.

But if Anna is entertaining the "Turks" of Northern Cyprus with Herman's Hermits songs, I think there are genuine hopes for an amicable solution......

"Sunshine girl, I'm looking down your bra......" - or was that the 'alternative' schoolboy version.........???
When talking about Northern Cyprus it is conveniently forgotten that the Turks invaded as a reaction to a Military Coup backed by the Military dictatorship in Greece which intended to take Cypus into the Greek nation in contravention to a 1960 Treaty which guaranteed independence of Cyprus.

Now they've no reason to still be there but felt that should be mentioned!