Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

A light speed question...

A light speed question...

Old Mar 24th 2010, 3:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A light speed question...

Originally Posted by littlejimmy View Post
Anyway, a theoretical way to travel across space faster than light is to bend space and time with a gravity drive, bringing two points closer together...or maybe use wormholes with a Stargate at each end...
or Spice.
Old Mar 24th 2010, 3:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bonny Boy View Post
I presume this is a film?

They don't always stick with the facts you know.
Not just any film; Star Wars!!!
Old Mar 24th 2010, 3:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Don't tell me you've never heard of Star Wars!

Hot damn indeed, my young padawan. Of course, the energy required to bend space and time is inconceivable...maybe a million of ours suns. I'm sure SYB has something to add to this.
Will wait for our Yoda to comment...
Old Mar 24th 2010, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
I can honestly say I have never seen it, nor have I any desire to do so. Isn't it just a 'cowboys and native americans' transferred to space type film?

Now '2001: A Space Odyssey' .....that's a film.
Old Mar 24th 2010, 4:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I can honestly say I have never seen it, nor have I any desire to do so. Isn't it just a 'cowboys and native americans' transferred to space type film?

Now '2001: A Space Odyssey' .....that's a film.
Oh god...You must be from Tatauine...
Old Mar 24th 2010, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

spart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud of

The scene with the chess pieces killing each other always bothered me..
Old Mar 24th 2010, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

spart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud of

Isn't it just a 'cowboys and native americans' transferred to space type film?
Actually, not even close...
Old Mar 24th 2010, 4:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by spart View Post
The scene with the chess pieces killing each other always bothered me..
That's Alice in Wonderland...You're talkin' hyperspace shit now...
Old Mar 24th 2010, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by spart View Post
Actually, not even close...
The 'good' guys dressed in white fighting the 'bad' guys dressed in black....?
Old Mar 24th 2010, 5:29 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

The 'good' guys dressed in white fighting the 'bad' guys dressed in black....?
Ah, but it's not as simple as that. It's a story of fall and redemption, faith and love, wookies and ewoks...
Old Mar 24th 2010, 5:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ah, but it's not as simple as that. It's a story of fall and redemption, faith and love, wookies and ewoks...
And also green lightsabers and blue lightsabers...And also red lightsabers...
Old Mar 24th 2010, 6:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Bonny Boy- seriously how can you not have heard or seen space wars? it was the first film I saw at the cinema as a kid, I loved Luke Skywalker for years, then as I got older preferred Hans Solo and I think at one point I had a thing for Darth Vader.....and every man I've ever known loved Princess Leia!

It may be a bit dodgy but it is an absolute cult film/trilogy... not so sure about teh new ones and I think whoever created Jaja Binks should be shot!

Star Wars rocks!
Old Mar 24th 2010, 7:07 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

And also green lightsabers and blue lightsabers...And also red lightsabers...
Not forgetting bad ass Mace Windu's throbbing, purple sword.
Old Mar 24th 2010, 7:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Not forgetting bad ass Mace Windu's throbbing, purple sword.
That guy was a pimp...
Old Mar 24th 2010, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

Arcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond repute

I only found out yesterday that Darthvader is Luke's Dad AND princess leah is Lukes twin sister!!

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.