Life in the Emirates

Old Jul 13th 2011, 9:19 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Life in the Emirates

probably a repost but still worth a chortle

Old Jul 13th 2011, 1:16 pm
Mary Poppins 4evah!

Umbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really nice
Default Re: Life in the Emirates

[insert sarcastic "how times have changed" remark here]

U.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

absolute class,
never heard that before.
Definitely one for after bbq and after too many beers me thinks
Old Jul 13th 2011, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
absolute class,
never heard that before.
Definitely one for after bbq and after too many beers me thinks
There was a guy who played piano in the Hilton, Dubai in the late 80's who had a sign claiming to sing in 27 languages! He used to sing that song or a derivitive! His name I believe was Walter Troelson, who I last heard had become a monk in Thailand!!
Old Jul 14th 2011, 5:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

When I look at these old pics and my own old pics, a strong sense of nostalgia sets in.

I know everyone moans about the good ole days and no doubt there is some of that in what I am saying but I really think that Abu Dhabi was more pleasent in the 80s and early 90s. It wasn't expensive and not soo busy. Was too small in the 70s to really remember anything of AD.
Old Jul 14th 2011, 9:34 am
Just Joined

ArcticDonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Good one! This is hilarious!
Old Jul 14th 2011, 7:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Chicago Beach Hotel?? That's going back a bit (it was where Wild Wadi/JBH now stand, I seem to remember).

Am I right in thinking it was the only hotel on that whole stretch of Jumeirah Beach?
Old Jul 15th 2011, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The Dean
Chicago Beach Hotel?? That's going back a bit (it was where Wild Wadi/JBH now stand, I seem to remember).

Am I right in thinking it was the only hotel on that whole stretch of Jumeirah Beach?
Can't recall anything else on the beach when I arrived in '85. The Metroplolitan was operating then, but of course well away from the beach.
Old Jul 15th 2011, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Chicago Beach Hotel was demolished in 1997
Highlight of the Day on Channel 33
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lezan/371153746/