British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Life and Death. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/life-death-619919/)

littlejimmy Jul 13th 2009 6:16 pm

Life and Death.

My mum just rung me. My old Gran is in hospital, dying from a tumour in her kidney, and may last another week or two.

My last grandparent. My mother's last parent. Death is part of life, so they say. Sheesh. What's it all about?

Confucius Jul 13th 2009 6:20 pm

Re: Life and Death.

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 7748947)
My mum just rung me. My old Gran is in hospital, dying from a tumour in her kidney, and may last another week or two.

My last grandparent. My mother's last parent. Death is part of life, so they say. Sheesh. What's it all about?

I hope she gets well soon and is back to her normal self, but if not, I hope all would pass peacefully...

She has lived a long and happy life, and her time has come I guess...

Both my grandfathers passed on 25 years ago, and one grandmother died just 4 years ago, and I hadn't seen her since 2001...

Cycle of life...

littlejimmy Jul 13th 2009 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 7748956)
I hope she gets well soon and is back to her normal self, but is not, I hope all would pass peacefully...

She has lived a long and happy life, and her time has come I guess...

Both my grandfathers passed on 25 years ago, and one grandmother died just 4 years ago, and I hadn't seen her since 2001...

Cycle of life...

She won't be coming out. But thanks, all the same. I just hope I get to say goodbye.

Confucius Jul 13th 2009 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 7748964)
She won't be coming out. But thanks, all the same. I just hope I get to say goodbye.

I know...Not doing it properly will haunt you for the rest of your life...

moto111 Jul 13th 2009 6:23 pm

Sorry to hear your news Jimmy, it hurts and comes to us all at some stage losing our family - hope you get chance to see her when you go home next week...

littlejimmy Jul 13th 2009 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 7748965)
I know...Not doing it properly will haunt you for the rest of your life...

Hm.

aberdeensiregirl Jul 13th 2009 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by moto111 (Post 7748966)
Sorry to hear your news Jimmy, it hurts and comes to us all at some stage losing our family - hope you get chance to see her when you go home next week...

So sorry to hear your news thoughts go with you :(

Euc- Jul 13th 2009 6:53 pm

Sorry to hear this LM, hope you will get the chance to say your proper goodbye's..

Blue Cat Jul 14th 2009 6:33 am

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 7748964)

I am so sorry to hear this LJ, I hope you get home in time to say your goodbyes, take care and give my love to T and the kids x

Grace O Malley Jul 14th 2009 8:04 am

ah jimmy, sorry to hear that, thinking of you.

my friend always says, God only picks the best flowers......

littlejimmy Jul 28th 2009 9:34 am

Well Granny finally slipped away last night at 9pm. I'm glad that I got to see her one final time last week when she was still awake, in relatively good spirits and still able to tell me I'm too fat. RIP Granny. XX

aberdeensiregirl Jul 28th 2009 9:38 am

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 7790574)
Well Granny finally slipped away last night at 9pm. I'm glad that I got to see her one final time last week when she was still awake, in relatively good spirits and still able to tell me I'm too fat. RIP Granny. XX

Glad you got to see her. Sympathy to all the family.

aberdeensiregirl Jul 28th 2009 9:42 am

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl (Post 7790583)
Glad you got to see her. Sympathy to all the family.

when is your op?

MataHari Jul 28th 2009 9:43 am

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl (Post 7790594)
when is your op?

talking about life and death...

Emerald_Eyes Jul 28th 2009 9:45 am

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 7790574)

Ahh at least she is at peace now x