Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

LIFE: 60 years pissing it up or 85 being careful?

Wikiposts

LIFE: 60 years pissing it up or 85 being careful?

Old Aug 11th 2009, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LIFE: 60 years pissing it up or 85 being careful?

I live life to the full now. Most people who are investing in pension plans have seen them almost disappear. I never want to be 1 of those people who, on their deathbed, say."oh I wish I had done....." I will be the person who says "OMG!! do you remember when I did......."

I will have what I call my "Park Bench" memories. So if you ever see an old lady sitting on a park bench with an enigmatic smile on her face, it will be me reliving all the wonderful memories of all my adventures!!
Old Aug 11th 2009, 8:19 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
I live life to the full now. Most people who are investing in pension plans have seen them almost disappear. I never want to be 1 of those people who, on their deathbed, say."oh I wish I had done....." I will be the person who says "OMG!! do you remember when I did......."

I will have what I call my "Park Bench" memories. So if you ever see an old lady sitting on a park bench with an enigmatic smile on her face, it will be me reliving all the wonderful memories of all my adventures!!
anyone in thier 50's and still getting pumped regularly deserves Kudos...
Old Aug 11th 2009, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
anyone in thier 50's and still getting pumped regularly deserves Kudos...
you been following me???
Old Aug 11th 2009, 10:38 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

you been following me???
heheh of course..
Old Aug 12th 2009, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

oktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to behold

Reminds me of an old Pink Floyd track can't remember the title. " the memories of a man in his old age; are the deeds of a man in his prime"
Old Aug 12th 2009, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by oktoberon
Reminds me of an old Pink Floyd track can't remember the title. " the memories of a man in his old age; are the deeds of a man in his prime"
how awful it must be if the only memories you have in your declining years are 1's wondering what might have been.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 3:10 am
BE Forum Addict

oktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to behold

how awful it must be if the only memories you have in your declining years are 1's wondering what might have been.
I remember my ex wife saying " are you ever going to grow up" answer " not if I can help it"

I intend to grow old disgracefully
Old Aug 12th 2009, 5:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oktoberon
Bloody hell, shag, how old are you???

That's from 'Obscured By Clouds', which pre-dates 'Dark Side'.

In the context of this thread, the whole song is worth recording:

Free Four (Waters) 4:15

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime.
You shuffle in gloom of the sickroom
And talk to yourself as you die.

Life is a short, warm moment
And death is a long cold rest.
You get your chance to try in the twinkling of an eye:
Eighty years, with luck, or even less.

So all aboard for the American tour,
And maybe you'll make it to the top.
And mind how you go, and I can tell you, 'cause I know
You may find it hard to get off.

You are the angel of death
And I am the dead man's son.
And he was buried like a mole in a fox hole.
And everyone is still in the run.

And who is the master of fox hounds?
And who says the hunt has begun?
And who calls the tune in the courtroom?
And who beats the funeral drum?

You shuffle in gloom in the sickroom
And talk to yourself till you die.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 5:05 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=The Dean;7836707]Bloody hell, shag, how old are you???

That's from 'Obscured By Clouds', which pre-dates 'Dark Side'.

In the context of this thread, the whole song is worth recording:

[COLOR="Navy"]Free Four (Waters) 4:15

You shuffle in gloom of the sickroom
And talk to yourself as you die.

Thanks Shag
I'm as old as the hills but younger than Methuselah, go figure. Good to hear from you
Old Aug 12th 2009, 9:24 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
And come down the pub with me afterwards

-
90% of my business is conducted in pubs and like Meow I preach and live the mantra of plan for tommorow (especially if you have kids, spouses or other dependants...it would massively inconsiderate to go and die having fun and leave them up sh*t creek without a paddle) and live for today.

If my family's genes are anything to go by I should live quite a long time as long as I have a break from the booze and cigars now and then and eat plenty of healthy food between those fry ups. As I would like to see my grandkids (so I can advise them on which beers are the best, how to chat up birds etc) I do moderate my vices.

Ultimately it's up to the individual...providing one causes no harm to others who gives a monkey's what people eat or drink or smoke?

N.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 3:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
90% of my business is conducted in pubs and like Meow I preach and live the mantra of plan for tommorow (especially if you have kids, spouses or other dependants...it would massively inconsiderate to go and die having fun and leave them up sh*t creek without a paddle) and live for today.

If my family's genes are anything to go by I should live quite a long time as long as I have a break from the booze and cigars now and then and eat plenty of healthy food between those fry ups. As I would like to see my grandkids (so I can advise them on which beers are the best, how to chat up birds etc) I do moderate my vices.

Ultimately it's up to the individual...providing one causes no harm to others who gives a monkey's what people eat or drink or smoke?

N.
Hmmm... planning for tomorrow is great until you get divorced, then you're planning on how to get out of the hole you suddenly find yourself in.

However, each to their own, since the divorce its been a roller coaster ride which has had some very interesting moments.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 3:59 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

I've already told my kids not to expect any big payday when daddy dies, coz I will be growing old as disgracefully as I can.....

Ye cannae take it with you, I always say....
Old Aug 13th 2009, 4:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
I've already told my kids not to expect any big payday when daddy dies, coz I will be growing old as disgracefully as I can.....

Good man,
Old Aug 13th 2009, 5:58 am
banned

Originally Posted by TGFKASE

which is exactly what ive told my parents, sell the house, get a wee apartment, travel the world and do the things that you couldnt do due to bringing up 2 kids...

you dont work all your life to hand down to your kids, we can look after ourselves!!

I expect to see my mum and dad retire to a beachfront apartment in Thailand or suchlike...or a cottage in Glencoe..either or..
Old Aug 13th 2009, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Norm_uk

N.
I have no kids and no husband..My sister is married to a millionaire and my mother will ..hopefully.. pre-decease me..what do I care?? I have put enough money to 1 side to make sure that my friends have a great party to wish me "bon voage"

Last edited by Patsy Stoned; Aug 13th 2009 at 6:52 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.