Libya then

Old Jan 12th 2009, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

scarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Libya then

Hi all

Apologies for being away for so long, now I'm back.
Before you ask, yes I have seen The Thread and have no comments, either via PM or in public.

Quick question, since being made redundant in December from the well known oil company (Mrs Haps knows) I have managed to secure a position in Libya.

Now I know it's a world apart from Dubai, being a dry country etc etc, just wondering if anybody has any experience of working there
Old Jan 12th 2009, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Libya then

I know a few guys who have worked there over the years and they loved it. If you are into historical sites and great beaches, you can't fault the place.

With the potential oil money and the gradual easing of society I reckon it would be a great opportunity. The bureaucracy can be a real pain (even worse than here), and if you are comfortable with being watched (certainly deters crime) then go for it.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 4:06 pm
W10

I'm planning to take a trip there for tourism these days. I'm told its a pretty cool place.

Old Jan 12th 2009, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

scarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by benzonar
I know a few guys who have worked there over the years and they loved it. If you are into historical sites and great beaches, you can't fault the place.

With the potential oil money and the gradual easing of society I reckon it would be a great opportunity. The bureaucracy can be a real pain (even worse than here), and if you are comfortable with being watched (certainly deters crime) then go for it.
I am learning of the bureacracy already. Taking forever and a day to get my visa sorted out. Company has to apply in Libya, telex to the Embassy in London, at which point I go and pay an astronomical fee to process. Normally takes 3 days to process, but because I am classed as higher management, it's taking longer. Frustrating would be the word!
Old Jan 12th 2009, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by W10
I'm planning to take a trip there for tourism these days. I'm told its a pretty cool place.
I would suggest possibly waiting. I'm led to believe the dry rules will be relaxed later this year, and the odd bevvie or 2 will be available in new hotels currently being constructed
Old Jan 12th 2009, 5:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scarletfanagain
Hi all

Apologies for being away for so long, now I'm back.
Before you ask, yes I have seen The Thread and have no comments, either via PM or in public.

Quick question, since being made redundant in December from the well known oil company (Mrs Haps knows) I have managed to secure a position in Libya.

Now I know it's a world apart from Dubai, being a dry country etc etc, just wondering if anybody has any experience of working there
So what happenned to Scarletfan???
Old Jan 12th 2009, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Confucius
So what happenned to Scarletfan???
He got completely cheesed off with Dubai and all things associated with Dubai after being made redundant 2 weeks after starting a new job, together with other events
Old Jan 12th 2009, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

He got completely cheesed off with Dubai and all things associated with Dubai after being made redundant 2 weeks after starting a new job, together with other events
Oh...Was referring to the username...But then again...
Old Jan 12th 2009, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

Oh...Was referring to the username...But then again...
Come on then big man, what's your take on Libya, Tripoli to be exact
Old Jan 12th 2009, 6:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Come on then big man, what's your take on Libya, Tripoli to be exact
I only know the Lebanese Tripoli...The Libyan one is still a mystery...
Old Jan 12th 2009, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

I only know the Lebanese Tripoli...The Libyan one is still a mystery...
love the tripolisians
Old Jan 12th 2009, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by annacarna
love the tripolisians
I'll find out what they are really like soon enough.
Hoping to be there Weds / Thurs, bored now, need to get back to work
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by annacarna
love the tripolisians
I love the Meena hummous restos...

I'll find out what they are really like soon enough.
Hoping to be there Weds / Thurs, bored now, need to get back to work
I heard that they have 5 day weekends there...
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

I love the Meena hummous restos...

I heard that they have 5 day weekends there...
Judging by the length of time it's taking to process my visa, nothing will surprise me out there!
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Judging by the length of time it's taking to process my visa, nothing will surprise me out there!
In Arab countries, the more you head west, the more backwards they get in their processes...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.