Is this legal?

Old Jul 25th 2012, 10:04 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Is this legal?

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Kix- My god- there are so many of them. Simply heartbreaking.
A friend used to be the chief vet for one of the Sheikhas there, a suitor bought her a pair of Siberian tigers, i have a pic of my son cuddling them (I wasn't aware of it).

She would sell them o0n when they got a bit too big.

Her palace gardens was like looking out onto the Serengeti.

Very sad.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 10:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I've just googled illegal wildlife trade in the UAE and its a depressing read. How do you even begin to change this?

Having said that you still get educated westerners wanting to go and shoot endangered spieces- I really don't understand it.

I can remember when I was a kid my dad (as a lorry driver) getting a cash job from one of his clients- no questions and it was 500 bob in his pocket (which was a large amount of money back then for a lorry driver for a half day job)- my dad didnt have the money to have morals so took the job- when he delivered it to a well known antiques dealer who showed him what was inside and it was an entire crate full of ivory. And that was 25 years ago in the UK- I find it hard to believe there is still a market for such things, such little hope for here.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 10:29 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
A friend used to be the chief vet for one of the Sheikhas there, a suitor bought her a pair of Siberian tigers, i have a pic of my son cuddling them (I wasn't aware of it).

She would sell them o0n when they got a bit too big.

Her palace gardens was like looking out onto the Serengeti.
Very sad.
Could you see Busybee and Weasel Decentral at it?
Old Jul 25th 2012, 10:35 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Saw a news article on the TV this morning. Some people in Oz want to allow limited hunting of fresh water crocs, whose numbers have grown from 5,000 30(?) years ago to 150,000 now. The hunters would have to pay pretty big fees to do it, but there are all sorts of people up in arms. And the proposed number of crocs that they'd permit to be hunted each year? 50.

Now assuming that 150,000 is way past the sustainable level and well into the nuisance level, why on earth not? But just 50 a year? I really want some boots to go with my Paul Smith blue crocodile shoes.