A laugh at any price

Old Dec 12th 2010, 3:56 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default A laugh at any price

Boyle needs a punch in the teeth just to remind him that some things aren't funny, despite an entourage of sycophants urging him on.

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/72634,...le-joke-harvey
Old Dec 12th 2010, 10:41 am
Just Joined

PaddyUlsterman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A laugh at any price

No problem with having a go at the over inflated whoooorbag but that is simply just wrong.
Old Dec 13th 2010, 8:44 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh, and Price manages to get more press... and sympathy...

Like the comment...

"As if poor Harvey doesn't have enough to deal with (I'm talking about his mum, not his disabilities)...

Keep it up, Frankie.....
Old Dec 13th 2010, 9:13 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Ahh, and Price manages to get more press... and sympathy...

Like the comment...

"As if poor Harvey doesn't have enough to deal with (I'm talking about his mum, not his disabilities)...

Keep it up, Frankie.....
I don’t buy that.

People with great minds usually have to work hard to hone their faculties, and—if fame and fortune is their bent—adjust and adapt to get what they want. Often they have to push their minds in directions different from where they had initially intended to go. Unless they harm others, they’re generally lauded for what they do.

People with great athletic ability: generally as above, except its their athletic prowess they’re working with.

People with great bodies…I think you get my drift.

Okay, there are differences between the groups, but what it boils down to is a) doing the best with what you’ve got (including make it bigger, better or stronger), and b) maximising your returns.

So is it intellectual / athletic / physical snobbery: intellectuals are happy to sneer at athletes and bimbos, athletes at intellectuals but not bimbos (because they marry them), and bimbos don’t give a shit because they know they’ve done far better—relatively speaking—than the others because their own economic rent far exceeds that of the others (although arguably not that of the top elite athletes).

So why’s it fair to take a pop at Jordan?
Old Dec 13th 2010, 9:47 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I don’t buy that.

People with great minds usually have to work hard to hone their faculties, and—if fame and fortune is their bent—adjust and adapt to get what they want. Often they have to push their minds in directions different from where they had initially intended to go. Unless they harm others, they’re generally lauded for what they do.

People with great athletic ability: generally as above, except its their athletic prowess they’re working with.

People with great bodies…I think you get my drift.

Okay, there are differences between the groups, but what it boils down to is a) doing the best with what you’ve got (including make it bigger, better or stronger), and b) maximising your returns.

So is it intellectual / athletic / physical snobbery: intellectuals are happy to sneer at athletes and bimbos, athletes at intellectuals but not bimbos (because they marry them), and bimbos don’t give a shit because they know they’ve done far better—relatively speaking—than the others because their own economic rent far exceeds that of the others (although arguably not that of the top elite athletes).

So why’s it fair to take a pop at Jordan?
Anyone who whores themselves so much to the media and public has to admit that, in doing so, they leave themselves WIDE open to people having a pop at them.

And please do not give me the 'personal life' bit. She has whored that out as well...

Jordan: Living With a Dream, When Jordan Met Peter, Jordan & Peter: Laid Bare and Jordan & Peter: Marriage and Mayhem.

If she is more than happy to make money and fame out of the smallest iota of her personal life, she can hardly complain when people find something risible in it...
Old Dec 13th 2010, 9:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know why Jordan has her knockers but I quite like her.
Old Dec 13th 2010, 10:00 am
Hit 16's

Anyone who whores themselves so much to the media and public has to admit that, in doing so, they leave themselves WIDE open to people having a pop at them.

And please do not give me the 'personal life' bit. She has whored that out as well...

Jordan: Living With a Dream, When Jordan Met Peter, Jordan & Peter: Laid Bare and Jordan & Peter: Marriage and Mayhem.

If she is more than happy to make money and fame out of the smallest iota of her personal life, she can hardly complain when people find something risible in it...
Yeah, I know. I felt the argument slipping away as I typed it. Nevertheless, like Millhouse, somehow I like her. But I think it might be her tits...
Old Dec 13th 2010, 10:02 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Yeah, I know. I felt the argument slipping away as I typed it. Nevertheless, like Millhouse, somehow I like her. But I think it might be her tits...
It was more the unsubstantiated pop at the great Frankie Boyle that girded my ire.....
Old Dec 13th 2010, 11:00 am
Hit 16's

It was more the unsubstantiated pop at the great Frankie Boyle that girded my ire.....
Unsubstantiated? C'mon--making a sexual joke about a blind, physically disabled and autistic child? I don't care if his mother was Pol Pot reincarnate, that's off limits.
Old Dec 13th 2010, 1:05 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Unsubstantiated? C'mon--making a sexual joke about a blind, physically disabled and autistic child? I don't care if his mother was Pol Pot reincarnate, that's off limits.
Out of interest, mate. How old are you? You remember the kid Joey that featured on Thats Life may moons ago? Every kid in every school that was a lil different was being called Joey.. Its been happening for years, get over yourself...
Old Dec 13th 2010, 1:20 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

Out of interest, mate. How old are you? You remember the kid Joey that featured on Thats Life may moons ago? Every kid in every school that was a lil different was being called Joey.. Its been happening for years, get over yourself...
I never realised that. I worked in Secondary Schools in the NW for ages. In the late 80's I think it was, I kept hearing the word 'joey' as an insult and never knew why.

I am now enlightened.
Old Dec 13th 2010, 2:32 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew
I never realised that. I worked in Secondary Schools in the NW for ages. In the late 80's I think it was, I kept hearing the word 'joey' as an insult and never knew why.

I am now enlightened.
I am a public service, me.....
Old Dec 13th 2010, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

I am a public service, me.....
Joey Deacon...!!

I like Frankie Boyle , great on Mock the Week, if you think the Jordan joke is near the Knuckle you want to have a listen to the new DVD ...no taboo left unturned...!
Old Dec 13th 2010, 3:29 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Joey Deacon...!!

I like Frankie Boyle , great on Mock the Week, if you think the Jordan joke is near the Knuckle you want to have a listen to the new DVD ...no taboo left unturned...!
Exactly...

Frankie Boyle is the comedian most wish they had the balls to be....