Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Last man / woman on earth

Last man / woman on earth

Old Mar 26th 2017, 7:48 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Last man / woman on earth

Morning,

Binge watched the first series of a TV show - The Last Man on Earth. Was quite good.

BUT - if you were (or thought you were) where would you go? What would you do?

I'd immediately panic. Then want to do the fun stuff, like drive fast cars and generally dick around. Pick the biggest house to live in etc etc.

What would you do first?
Old Mar 26th 2017, 7:54 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Last man / woman on earth

Find the last woman on earth and hope that she was a looker
Old Mar 26th 2017, 8:01 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by TheShed
Find the last woman on earth and hope that she was a looker
Eventually, yes, but I'd be far too busy dicking around on SZR (if here) with a host of different cars....
Old Mar 26th 2017, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Had to look up the programme. Quote post-apocalyptic, isn't it? Not quite my thing. Life is gloomy enough without more doom and gloom.

I started typing / erasing half a dozen different scenarios before giving up. This is the realm of very strange scenarios and we have no idea how we'd react to the psychological impact of being left all alone in a post-apocalyptic world, so it's not so easy for me to say 'I'd do this' or 'I'd do that'.
Old Mar 26th 2017, 8:34 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Had to look up the programme. Quote post-apocalyptic, isn't it? Not quite my thing. Life is gloomy enough without more doom and gloom.

I started typing / erasing half a dozen different scenarios before giving up. This is the realm of very strange scenarios and we have no idea how we'd react to the psychological impact of being left all alone in a post-apocalyptic world, so it's not so easy for me to say 'I'd do this' or 'I'd do that'.
It's a comedy, it's quite funny, childish, clever and easy to watch. At 25mins an episode I flew through them, not going to win posh awards but very watchable.

As for the rest of your post - yes, you're right, but try to think without a sensible hat on.

I'd be smashing up the windows to the Lambo garage and raiding supermarkets for crisps and taking superyachts out for a spin.
Old Mar 26th 2017, 8:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I'd masturbate myself to death.
Old Mar 26th 2017, 9:57 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse
That would obviously become a problem. With no internet for example, you'd have to hope petrol stations still stock nudie mags or go to the undies section of the Avon catalogue?
Old Mar 26th 2017, 10:30 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
So what keeps you alive at the moment?
Old Mar 26th 2017, 10:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
So what keeps you alive at the moment?
Prozac
Old Mar 26th 2017, 12:06 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Morning,

Binge watched the first series of a TV show - The Last Man on Earth. Was quite good.

BUT - if you were (or thought you were) where would you go? What would you do?

I'd immediately panic. Then want to do the fun stuff, like drive fast cars and generally dick around. Pick the biggest house to live in etc etc.

What would you do first?
Stockpile food, water, clothing and fuel, then go find one each of these;

AEV Prospector XL and these Conqueror UEV-490. Or something similar to start with.

And then I'd go see if I was the last person on earth. Life's a journey.
Old Mar 26th 2017, 12:14 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
Stockpile food, water, clothing and fuel, then go find one each of these;

AEV Prospector XL and these Conqueror UEV-490. Or something similar to start with.

And then I'd go see if I was the last person on earth. Life's a journey.
At last, someone who wants to have fun other than wanking.
Old Mar 26th 2017, 12:29 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Go somewhere with lots of big diggers and bulldozers to play with.
Old Mar 26th 2017, 12:39 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Go somewhere with lots of big diggers and bulldozers to play with.
Commendable shout....not just because it would be great fun but once settled somewhere, a routine of going and doing stuff instead of nothing might be positive for the sanity. Learning to dig and build etc would be valuable.
Old Mar 26th 2017, 2:08 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Well obviously the first thing to do is to rectify that situation i.e. quickly find the other person and impregnate her to have company as soon as possible ofcourse

by the by, when you do have a chance, read Stephen King's The Stand. This was back in the days when he used to write the good stuff! Sort of in line with your train of thought here
Old Mar 26th 2017, 2:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
It's a comedy, it's quite funny, childish, clever and easy to watch. At 25mins an episode I flew through them, not going to win posh awards but very watchable.
Me and the Mrs watch it. Finished the first two seasons and just started season 3. Some of the stuff that Tandy does/says makes me cringe, but got a few belting laughs out of it. Gail is hilarious.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.