Labourers and Sky News

Old Aug 29th 2007, 5:10 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Labourers and Sky News

http://news.sky.com/skynews/video/vi...-1281724,.html

thanks for the nod from The Dean, switch sky news on now.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 5:28 am
Greying Member

Rog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Labourers and Sky News

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
http://news.sky.com/skynews/video/vi...-1281724,.html

thanks for the nod from The Dean, switch sky news on now.
Thanks for that - it is indeed the reality of the Middle East for so many of the poor chaps from the sub-continent.

It is easy to turn a blind eye to the blokes in overalls sleeping on cardboard boxes in half built buildings during the heat of the day, just as it is to the same fellows being transported like cattle in the back of pick up trucks.

Their labour and deprivation is the true fuel of the Gulf boom - and as we more fortunate souls drive from bar to restaurant in air-conditioned four wheel drive comfort, it doesn't harm to reflect on that occasionally.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 7:11 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rog_Rams
Thanks for that - it is indeed the reality of the Middle East for so many of the poor chaps from the sub-continent.

It is easy to turn a blind eye to the blokes in overalls sleeping on cardboard boxes in half built buildings during the heat of the day, just as it is to the same fellows being transported like cattle in the back of pick up trucks.

Their labour and deprivation is the true fuel of the Gulf boom - and as we more fortunate souls drive from bar to restaurant in air-conditioned four wheel drive comfort, it doesn't harm to reflect on that occasionally.
Here here...the UAE government should give them a special day off...or preferably supplement their income with a hardship allowance.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

oktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lionheart
Here here...the UAE government should give them a special day off...or preferably supplement their income with a hardship allowance.
As long as censoship is here articles like that will never get the widespread coverage it deserves. The sad thing is the Developers don't really care. 'So what! We've lost 50, 60, 100 to heat and accidents, get in touch with the recruiters and ship in some more'. It's all about the bottom line. 'Tis unfortunate but there are plenty of people willing to come and take their place.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 1:37 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I have been doing work with Roger and Elle (www.helpinghandsuae.com) they are always trying to raise money for the labourers etc. Really lovely people. If anyone wants to donate anything please get in touch with either me or Meow
Old Aug 29th 2007, 3:55 pm

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I have been doing work with Roger and Elle (www.helpinghandsuae.com) they are always trying to raise money for the labourers etc. Really lovely people. If anyone wants to donate anything please get in touch with either me or Meow
What needs donating?
Old Aug 29th 2007, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

oktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by beebee
What needs donating?
How about donating something to me, You've kept me NBM all day
Old Aug 29th 2007, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by oktoberon
How about donating something to me, You've kept me NBM all day
What would you like... semolina?
Old Aug 29th 2007, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

What would you like... semolina?
I've suffered tapioca all day. How about some pork & stilton pie, washed down with a Chateaux Neuf du Pape. You can take my temperature later
Old Aug 29th 2007, 4:29 pm

I've suffered tapioca all day. How about some pork & stilton pie, washed down with a Chateaux Neuf du Pape. You can take my temperature later
Would you like a doner kebab?
Old Aug 29th 2007, 4:30 pm
live life to the max

mythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond repute

naughty you were supposed to be nil by mouth, tut tut
Old Aug 29th 2007, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Would you like a doner kebab?
You can get them here? When in Edinburgh doner on nan bread lashings of chilly sauce WOW
Old Aug 29th 2007, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mythic
naughty you were supposed to be nil by mouth, tut tut
Trust me frogs spawn it classed as NBM
Old Aug 29th 2007, 4:33 pm
live life to the max

mythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond repute

Trust me frogs spawn it classed as NBM
will let you off this once, perhaps nursey did not see
Old Aug 29th 2007, 4:35 pm

You can get them here? When in Edinburgh doner on nan bread lashings of chilly sauce WOW
Found something very close....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.