Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Labour Strike in UAE in second day?

Labour Strike in UAE in second day?

Old May 21st 2013, 4:34 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Labour Strike in UAE in second day?

Originally Posted by Kix
hotel california from hell, you cant check out and you cant leave!

Originally Posted by britexpat76
I kind of get it

It's a respect that has been handed down........Religion thrives in Ambiguity after all.
Old May 21st 2013, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
Actually a very famous and certified Hadith says that 'no Arab is better than a non-Arab and vice versa'
I don't think it's said anywhere that Arabs were chosen (not that I know of, but I am not a scholar), I think it has just evolved into what it is today. But having said that, I myself have deep respect for the Arabs of Madina as they belong to my Prophet's city. It's difficult to explain, I guess. For me it's not a religious thing, it's just respectful, you know?
And yes it is written time and again in Quran that 'he who is better in Taqwa is better amongst you'.
So Taqwa being the key decisive factor here. I am not a scholar nor a well learned man hence I am not going to preach my version of it. Do look up the word in google and you will understand what I am trying to say

Actually there is a verse in Quran about Muslims which says:

“You were the best nation raised up for men: you enjoin good and forbid evil and you believe in God”.

Notice the word ‘were’ in that verse, meaning that the verse is talking about the past. The verse is actually emphasising the idea that the word Muslims covers all those who have submitted to the will of the creator since the time of Adam and Eve. In fact, This notion goes perfectly well along the very Quranic concept that all the previous prophets including Abraham, Moses, Jesus, and the others, were all Muslims and that was precisely what they actually called themselves. Jesus, for example, didn’t call himself Christian because he could’t be a follower of himself. Nor did Jacob call himself Jewish because the Israelites came from his offspring. So what comprehensive word could they have used to label themselves? What other than the label “The submitters to the Creator”, i.e Muslims .

The early Europeans who came in contact with the Muslims didn’t quite understand this concept and what this word ‘Muslims’ meant, so what they did was they used their own religious paradigm to refer to the those Muslims and called them the mohammedan. They didn’t know that for a Muslim, it is terribly insulting to be called mohammedan.
Old May 21st 2013, 7:54 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redShark

“You were the best nation raised up for men: you enjoin good and forbid evil and you believe in God”.

Notice the word ‘were’ in that verse, meaning that the verse is talking about the past. The verse is actually emphasising the idea that the word Muslims covers all those who have submitted to the will of the creator since the time of Adam and Eve. In fact, This notion goes perfectly well along the very Quranic concept that all the previous prophets including Abraham, Moses, Jesus, and the others, were all Muslims and that was precisely what they actually called themselves. Jesus, for example, didn’t call himself Christian because he could’t be a follower of himself. Nor did Jacob call himself Jewish because the Israelites came from his offspring. So what comprehensive word could they have used to label themselves? What other than the label “The submitters to the Creator”, i.e Muslims .

The early Europeans who came in contact with the Muslims didn’t quite understand this concept and what this word ‘Muslims’ meant, so what they did was they used their own religious paradigm to refer to the those Muslims and called them the mohammedan. They didn’t know that for a Muslim, it is terribly insulting to be called mohammedan.
I don't know why I am bothering to reply to you as your comments hold no weight at all. As usual you have popped up having avoided all questions on other threads and again posted utter tosh. Jesus is referred to as the son of god in the bible on numerous occasions and also the king of the Jews. How does that fit in with your thoughts? Nowhere is it quoted anywhere other than one book written hundreds of years after the bible that Jesus thought of himself as a prophet. Shouldn't the earlier book written during his life be more reliable and accurate?
Old May 21st 2013, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

I don't know why I am bothering to reply to you as your comments hold no weight at all. As usual you have popped up having avoided all questions on other threads and again posted utter tosh. Jesus is referred to as the son of god in the bible on numerous occasions and also the king of the Jews. How does that fit in with your thoughts? Nowhere is it quoted anywhere other than one book written hundreds of years after the bible that Jesus thought of himself as a prophet. Shouldn't the earlier book written during his life be more reliable and accurate?
Actually you shouldn’t have replied, because in doing so you have committed a terrible mistake by telling lies.

Could you tell me, where in the Bible did Jesus say I am the son of God?

I am waiting…
Old May 21st 2013, 8:24 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Actually you shouldn’t have replied, because in doing so you have committed a terrible mistake by telling lies.

I am waiting…
I didn't say Jesus said that. Please read properly......
Old May 21st 2013, 9:43 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Chapter and verse please?
I don't want to make the mistake of taking anything out of context, hence I ask, as I am sure you will understand.
Old May 21st 2013, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
Chapter and verse please?
I don't want to make the mistake of taking anything out of context, hence I ask, as I am sure you will understand.
Sure, be my guest

al-Imran 3:110
Old May 21st 2013, 10:16 pm
Shark Fisherman

I am waiting…
I am still waiting.........
Old May 21st 2013, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

I am still waiting.........
What exactly are you waiting for? If Jesus didn’t say that he was the Son of God, it means then that he was a normal human being which is more in line with what the Quran describes him as, simply a prophet with a message from God.
Old May 21st 2013, 10:30 pm
Shark Fisherman

What exactly are you waiting for? If Jesus didn’t say that he was the Son of God, it means then that he was a normal human being which is more in line with what the Quran describes him as, simply a prophet with a message from God.
No. Read what I actually bothered to write for your benefit. Stop ignoring 95% of what is written. You just make yourself look completely stupid and ignorant.

Read what I put and respond, I don't need to write it again.
Old May 21st 2013, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

No. Read what I actually bothered to write for your benefit. Stop ignoring 95% of what is written. You just make yourself look completely stupid and ignorant.

Read what I put and respond, I don't need to write it again.

I don’t know who is making himself look completely stupid and ignorant, I said Jesus didn’t call himself Christian, you said Jesus didn’t call himself son of God. So what on earth did he call himself then?

I don’t think you have an answer,… so... back on the ignore list.
Old May 21st 2013, 11:02 pm
Shark Fisherman

I don’t know who is making himself look completely stupid and ignorant, I said Jesus didn’t call himself Christian, you said Jesus didn’t call himself son of God. So what on earth did he call himself then?

I don’t think you have an answer,… so... back on the ignore list.
You are a moron. Read my 1st reply, the one you ignored about the bible and Jesus.

You may as well put the whole forum on ignore as looking at responses to you no one has any respect for any of the crap you post. You are just an uneducated brainwashed troll.

It was post #18 btw that seems to be invisible to you.

Last edited by britexpat76; May 21st 2013 at 11:04 pm. Reason: Make it clear which post the moron can't see
Old May 22nd 2013, 5:40 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Surely if he called "God" his "Father" there is heavy implication that he is saying he's his son.

Personally I think it's all bollocks written when women had to be put in their place and man wanted to control everything - so scare the populace into thinking they're all going to die and live in a hell if they don't comply with the man-made laws that some eejit in sandals deems correct.
Old May 22nd 2013, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Surely if he called "God" his "Father" there is heavy implication that he is saying he's his son.
That's kinda what I figured. While crucified, he is reputed to have said : "forgive them father, they know not what they do".
Old May 22nd 2013, 10:20 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

There is no one correct approach.

The early Christians were divided over the subject of Jesus as son of God. Many believed he was, others thought that he was only a great prophet and that his use of the word father/son was strictly allegorical.

Ultimately, the believers won out at the end. It was formally established by the Creed of Nicea in AD 325, but the dissenters persisted in small sects throughout time, even today.

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
That's kinda what I figured. While crucified, he is reputed to have said : "forgive them father, they know not what they do".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.