The Killers live in Dubai

Wikiposts

The Killers live in Dubai

Old Apr 18th 2009, 7:20 pm
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Killers live in Dubai

Originally Posted by Spugsy
it's just stupid, it sounds really stupid - it makes me cringe a bit.
Apparently you're not the only one. See the following wikipedia extraction...

There has been considerable confusion and debate over the line "Are we human or are we dancer?" in the song's chorus.[6] Debate raged across the internet over whether the lyrics said "denser" or "dancer", a misunderstanding which invoked conflicting interpretations of the song's meaning.[7][8] Entertainment Weekly's Pop Watch section called this line the "silliest lyrics of the week".[7] They were puzzled by the interpretation, stating "most dancers are generally human".[7] Ganz with Rolling Stone called the line "classic Killers' nonsense."[4]

On the band's official website, the biography section states that Flowers is singing "Are we human, or are we dancer?" and also says that the lyrics were inspired by a disparaging comment made by Hunter S. Thompson.[9] In an interview with Rolling Stone, Flowers said that he was irritated over the confusion about the lyric and also that fans were unhappy with the song's dance beat: "It's supposed to be a dance song, [the beat] goes with the chorus...If you can't put that together, you're an idiot. I just don't get why there's a confusion about it."[10]

Also found this blog link which explains it a little: http://hbshakes.blogspot.com/2008/10...-thompson.html

I've also wondered about this line before - very, very strange.

Last edited by Emerald_Eyes; Apr 18th 2009 at 7:24 pm.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 7:40 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
Apparently you're not the only one. See the following wikipedia extraction...

There has been considerable confusion and debate over the line "Are we human or are we dancer?" in the song's chorus.[6] Debate raged across the internet over whether the lyrics said "denser" or "dancer", a misunderstanding which invoked conflicting interpretations of the song's meaning.[7][8] Entertainment Weekly's Pop Watch section called this line the "silliest lyrics of the week".[7] They were puzzled by the interpretation, stating "most dancers are generally human".[7] Ganz with Rolling Stone called the line "classic Killers' nonsense."[4]

On the band's official website, the biography section states that Flowers is singing "Are we human, or are we dancer?" and also says that the lyrics were inspired by a disparaging comment made by Hunter S. Thompson.[9] In an interview with Rolling Stone, Flowers said that he was irritated over the confusion about the lyric and also that fans were unhappy with the song's dance beat: "It's supposed to be a dance song, [the beat] goes with the chorus...If you can't put that together, you're an idiot. I just don't get why there's a confusion about it."[10]

Also found this blog link which explains it a little: http://hbshakes.blogspot.com/2008/10...-thompson.html

I've also wondered about this line before - very, very strange.
It's a stupid line, maybe they are just trying to be cool and clever but not succeeding at all?
Old Apr 18th 2009, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

In fairness, they are pretty good at crap lines:

"I've got sole but I'm not a soldier" WTF????
Old Apr 18th 2009, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

mysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud of

My mate met the Killers in Leith before a concert a few years ago, they were in the car park of their hotel waiting for their transport drinking from a bottle of JD. Said they friendly, decent blokes and their concert was one of the best he'd ever been to.

I hope they do come over here, I've been here 7 months and it'd be the best band (in my opinion) to play here since I got here.

Also, too be fair, on the lyric side of things, Lily Allens lyrics seem to read well but it doesn't make her songs any less crap.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 8:54 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Morecambe Mindy
In fairness, they are pretty good at crap lines:

"I've got sole but I'm not a soldier" WTF????
It's soul not sole, and apparently it refers to the fact that although he is believes in God, he is not a soldier/preacher for his faith, which is a religious term. For example Christian Soldiers..
Old Apr 18th 2009, 9:01 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

It's soul not sole, and apparently it refers to the fact that although he is believes in God, he is not a soldier/preacher for his faith, which is a religious term. For example Christian Soldiers..
aye, aren't they mormons or something like that?
Old Apr 18th 2009, 9:03 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Spugsy
aye, aren't they mormons or something like that?
Yep - virtually the whole band is mormon I believe
Old Apr 18th 2009, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

Ha was obviously having a blonde fishy moment!

(Still think its a crap line.)
Old Apr 18th 2009, 9:40 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Morecambe Mindy
Ha was obviously having a blonde fishy moment!

(Still think its a crap line.)
Lol I actually love that line and the music, don't ask me why, and the thousands at V Festival must have agreed because it seemed like every single person there sang along especially when those lines came up!
Old Apr 18th 2009, 10:05 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Lol I actually love that line and the music, don't ask me why, and the thousands at V Festival must have agreed because it seemed like every single person there sang along especially when those lines came up!
you dont seem the kinda girl to slum it at a festivel EE....
Old Apr 18th 2009, 10:06 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Yep - virtually the whole band is mormon I believe
You're thinking of the The Osmonds...
Old Apr 18th 2009, 10:08 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BangleMan
Crazy horses!
Old Apr 18th 2009, 10:25 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BangleMan
You'd think so, but I'm just not that old!
Old Apr 18th 2009, 10:33 pm
Hammer for Life

You'd think so, but I'm just not that old!
Me neither, Lionheart told me about them.....
Old Apr 18th 2009, 10:33 pm
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by lionheart
Crazy horses!
WAH ! WAH!.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.