British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Kids of today....! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/kids-today-598650/)

BangleMan Mar 19th 2009 4:02 am

Kids of today....!

In a conversation today with my Mum in UK......

A group of school girls, no older than 13 were walking around smoking cigarettes, and an old lady, as my Mum passed them, tells one of the group she shouldn't be smoking

The group of girls turn as one and tell her to f*** off and one of them calls the little old lady a ******.

There are some lowlife f***ing kids back home these days, jeez !!

I would be shocked and devastated if I heard one of my kids talk like that, and would take great enjoyment in kicking their arse from one end of the street to the other !!!

Blue Cat Mar 19th 2009 4:03 am

Re: Kids of today....!

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7398185)
In a conversation today with my Mum in UK......

A group of school girls, no older than 13 were walking around smoking cigarettes, and an old lady, as my Mum passed them, tells one of the group she shouldn't be smoking

The group of girls turn as one and tell her to f*** off and one of them calls the little old lady a ******.

There are some lowlife f***ing kids back home these days, jeez !!

I would be shocked and devastated if I heard one of my kids talk like that, and would take great enjoyment in kicking their arse from one end of the street to the other !!!

damn disgrace isn't it, and my family wonder why I am not keen on moving back to the UK :(

shakh your bootie Mar 19th 2009 4:12 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7398187)
damn disgrace isn't it, and my family wonder why I am not keen on moving back to the UK :(

That kind of thing doesn't happen in Woodstock, I can tell you. We're all very civilized in my little corner of the UK....

BangleMan Mar 19th 2009 4:14 am

Isn't that where all the hippies congregated once !!!!

shakh your bootie Mar 19th 2009 4:22 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7398226)
Isn't that where all the hippies congregated once !!!!

Right town, wrong continent..... but there is an element of artsy-craftsy bo-hoism amongst the blue rinsed brooch-wearing brigade, yokelly-bumpkins and commuter-types.....

BangleMan Mar 19th 2009 4:24 am

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 7398253)
Right town, wrong continent..... but there is an element of artsy-craftsy bo-hoism amongst the blue rinsed brooch-wearing brigade, yokelly-bumpkins and commuter-types.....

never had you down as a blue rinse type of guy...

shakh your bootie Mar 19th 2009 4:28 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7398260)
never had you down as a blue rinse type of guy...

It's gotten to the stage where I take what I can get....

BangleMan Mar 19th 2009 4:41 am

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 7398274)
It's gotten to the stage where I take what I can get....

Look on the bright side......at least with the emphesema and all that wheezing they do, it makes it sound as if you are great in bed !

shakh your bootie Mar 19th 2009 4:44 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7398307)
Look on the bright side......at least with the emphesema and all that wheezing they do, it makes it sound as if you are great in bed !

Jeez-louise, I'm a wheezer kinda geezer as it is... err.

MataHari Mar 19th 2009 5:10 am

just wondering why anyone would want to say to a group of kids they shouldn't be smoking...I mean, I know smoking is bad etc, but I would never comment on it in a situation like that...not because of fear, but because you know in advance that it won't stop them doing it...

BangleMan Mar 19th 2009 5:20 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7398395)
just wondering why anyone would want to say to a group of kids they shouldn't be smoking...I mean, I know smoking is bad etc, but I would never comment on it in a situation like that...not because of fear, but because you know in advance that it won't stop them doing it...

Cos thats what old people do......apparently

MataHari Mar 19th 2009 5:25 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7398426)
Cos thats what old people do......apparently

god help us all then...

BangleMan Mar 19th 2009 5:30 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7398446)
god help us all then...

can you let me know what its like so I know what to expect when I get to that age ....thanks

MataHari Mar 19th 2009 5:39 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7398464)
can you let me know what its like so I know what to expect when I get to that age ....thanks

why don't you just f*** off...

shakh your bootie Mar 19th 2009 5:44 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7398395)

Hmm, I've only bollocked kids in the street twice, and both times was in Abu Dhabi and the kids were Arab.

One bunch of brats were beating a jerboa to death with a stick, the other kid was molesting an east european chic while his friends looked on and laughed. Charming little buggers......

But smoking? Nah, why bother? They'll kill themselves anyway....

MataHari Mar 19th 2009 5:46 am

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 7398510)
Hmm, I've only bollocked kids in the street twice, and both times was in Abu Dhabi and the kids were Arab.

One bunch of brats were beating a jerboa to death with a stick, the other kid was molesting an east european chic while his friends looked on and laughed. Charming little buggers......

But smoking? Nah, why bother? They'll kill themselves anyway....

yeah, I can understand you felt the need to say something there...

BangleMan Mar 19th 2009 5:47 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7398495)
why don't you just f*** off...

:ohmy::ohmy:

MataHari Mar 19th 2009 5:48 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7398526)
:ohmy::ohmy:

roleplay...I am the kid, you're the old man...

shakh your bootie Mar 19th 2009 5:50 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7398519)
yeah, I can understand you felt the need to say something there...

I want some recognition for my sense of social justice and responsibility.....

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7398530)
roleplay...I am the kid, you're the old man...

I got a nice lollypop for you to suck, girle.....

Hello.Kitty Mar 19th 2009 5:50 am

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 7398510)
They'll kill themselves anyway....

I'm with you on that one... I'll never stop them from taking themselves out of the gene-pool.

I actually clapped at one young chap who was ducking and diving in and out of oncoming traffic on his bike.

shakh your bootie Mar 19th 2009 6:02 am

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty (Post 7398540)
I'm with you on that one... I'll never stop them from taking themselves out of the gene-pool.

I actually clapped at one young chap who was ducking and diving in and out of oncoming traffic on his bike.

LOL - but the unfortunate thing is that the great unwashed seem to breed like flies. Why the UK has such a high proportion of teenaged single-mothers is beyond me - I mean, they give out condoms for free at family planning clinics. Are they really that stupid, or do they want to be saddled with offspring before the age of 20?????

Hello.Kitty Mar 19th 2009 6:09 am

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 7398587)
LOL - but the unfortunate thing is that the great unwashed seem to breed like flies. Why the UK has such a high proportion of teenaged single-mothers is beyond me - I mean, they give out condoms for free at family planning clinics. Are they really that stupid, or do they want to be saddled with offspring before the age of 20?????

ahhh, it's partly cos condoms aren't the only freebies that get handed out... a halfway decent house is not to be sniffed at, after all... heck, I only wish I were [cough] years younger and living in sin!

shakh your bootie Mar 19th 2009 6:13 am

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty (Post 7398616)
ahhh, it's partly cos condoms aren't the only freebies that get handed out... a halfway decent house is not to be sniffed at, after all... heck, I only wish I were [cough] years younger and living in sin!

They tell me that age is no barrier to living in sin...... Get out there and get your devil-horns on, lady.

Hello.Kitty Mar 19th 2009 6:28 am

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 7398638)
They tell me that age is no barrier to living in sin...... Get out there and get your devil-horns on, lady.

ahh, but it'll do me little good (well, apart from the obvious! ;) ) ... I'll never be able to convince the authorities to give me a free house.

Charismatic Mar 19th 2009 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty (Post 7398675)
I'll never be able to convince the authorities to give me a free house.

You'll need:
1. Tracksuit (with hood), baseball cap and trainers.
2. Some bling from Argos (perticularly large hoop earings).
3. Packet of cigs.
4. Proof or a recent ASBO and at least a dozen shoplifting convictions.

:lol:

MrsHawkes Mar 19th 2009 8:21 pm

I smoked when i was 13....:ohmy: but i would have never spoken to a old lady like that.

A couple of years ago i went to my local shop and there was a group of girls about 13 yrs outside and they asked me to buy them some cigs.
I told them that i started smoking when i was their age and it was too hard for me to stop now, that they should just give up now etc etc etc and i couldn't buy them. They all actually stood there listing to my lecture and then they said thanks and they understood and i said goodbye. I'm sure they prob just asked the next person that came along to do it but i was pleasantly surprised how polite they all were.

Maybe it's the way you approach things........ or maybe shouldn't approach things........

admon Mar 19th 2009 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by MrsHawkes (Post 7400323)
I smoked when i was 13....:ohmy: but i would have never spoken to a old lady like that.

A couple of years ago i went to my local shop and there was a group of girls about 13 yrs outside and they asked me to buy them some cigs.
I told them that i started smoking when i was their age and it was too hard for me to stop now, that they should just give up now etc etc etc and i couldn't buy them. They all actually stood there listing to my lecture and then they said thanks and they understood and i said goodbye. I'm sure they prob just asked the next person that came along to do it but i was pleasantly surprised how polite they all were.

Maybe it's the way you approach things........ or maybe shouldn't approach things........

I think you'll find that once you turned around they gave you the finger..

MrsHawkes Mar 19th 2009 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by admon (Post 7400351)
I think you'll find that once you turned around they gave you the finger..

:rofl: haha! Aye maybe!

MacScot Mar 19th 2009 8:43 pm

Some of today's kids with an ASBO tend to 'wear it' with pride like some sort of badge.

In my day, if you were a pest or caught stealing apples, say, the local bobby on the beat usually caught you and gave you a right telling off or, at worst, 'skelp yer lug' (slap on the ear) and sent you on your way...but, alas, no longer politically correct !

Perhaps getting policemen out of their offices or cars and back onto the streets may help.

admon Mar 19th 2009 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by MacScot (Post 7400378)
Some of today's kids with an ASBO tend to 'wear it' with pride like some sort of badge.

In my day, if you were a pest or caught stealing apples, say, the local bobby on the beat usually caught you and gave you a right telling off or, at worst, 'skelp yer lug' (slap on the ear) and sent you on your way...but, alas, no longer politically correct !

Perhaps getting policemen out of their offices or cars and back onto the streets may help.

perhaps giving them a truncheon they could actually use without fear of losing their job and being hauled into court themselves would be a start..

Charismatic Mar 19th 2009 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by MacScot (Post 7400378)

In a moment of political brilliance akin to selling billions in gold at the bottom or giving a "No more boom and bust" speach as the house bubble was reaching towards it's peak the police force is cutting thousands of jobs.

Linky.

MacScot Mar 19th 2009 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by Charismatic (Post 7400410)
In a moment of political brilliance akin to selling billions in gold at the bottom or giving a "No more boom and bust" speach as the house bubble was reaching towards it's peak the police force is cutting thousands of jobs.

Linky.

Yes...but that is in England and Wales. In Scotland, they are increasing police numbers by a 1,000 over the next two years, and most will be on the beat.

eylesda Mar 20th 2009 9:21 pm

Out for brunch yesterday and 2 kids around 8 or 9 years old sticking their fingers in the cream and licking custard off the serving ladel while mummy and the staff looked on!:curse:

Should have seen the looks I got when I yelled at them to stop.

Sod it, more of us SHOULD intervene and stop this crap.

Not that they would but my lads know exactly what they could expect if caught being rude or disrespectful.

highlander393 Mar 20th 2009 10:40 pm

slightly off topic

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...ot-enough.html