Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Kids Pushed Off Balcony

Kids Pushed Off Balcony

Old Mar 26th 2008, 12:41 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Kids Pushed Off Balcony

Just been reading on Yahoo UK about some British guy who pushed his two young kids off a hotel balcony in Crete and gets away with it on the grounds that he was in such a state that he was unaccountable for his actions. What sort of legal syatem do they have over there? Yes, he may have been drunk or depressed but NO you do not take it out on the kids...he wants kicking in the balls to ensure that no more kids emerge from his loins.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 12:42 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kids Pushed Off Balcony

is this the case where one of them was killed
Old Mar 26th 2008, 12:54 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
is this the case where one of them was killed
That's the one...the toddler made a full recovery (allegedly) but the older kid died.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Just been reading on Yahoo UK about some British guy who pushed his two young kids off a hotel balcony in Crete and gets away with it on the grounds that he was in such a state that he was unaccountable for his actions. What sort of legal syatem do they have over there? Yes, he may have been drunk or depressed but NO you do not take it out on the kids...he wants kicking in the balls to ensure that no more kids emerge from his loins.
Forget kicking him in the balls he wants them slicing off with a very blunt rusty knife. What a ****in prick
Old Mar 26th 2008, 1:50 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

this is the guy who has been suicidal for years, totally messed up, BOTH his brothers committed suicide and his dad I think.

Try fidning out the facts first - he's about as clinically depressed and *****ed up as you can get. What he did is awful and he has ruined the mothers life really, but the man is a complete mess.

And if you all think that is so bad have no fear, he'll try again and actually kill himself sooner or later, so you'll have your pound of flesh.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
this is the guy who has been suicidal for years, totally messed up, BOTH his brothers committed suicide and his dad I think.

Try fidning out the facts first - he's about as clinically depressed and *****ed up as you can get. What he did is awful and he has ruined the mothers life really, but the man is a complete mess.

And if you all think that is so bad have no fear, he'll try again and actually kill himself sooner or later, so you'll have your pound of flesh.
He shouldn't have been left with the kids in the state he is in then. I can see it from both sides but to push your own kids?!?! If I was the mother I'd have killed him.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 1:56 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris79
He shouldn't have been left with the kids in the state he is in then. I can see it from both sides but to push your own kids?!?! If I was the mother I'd have killed him.
he didn't push them, he picked them up and jumped off with them, he was almost dead himself, then when he came to he waited until there was no-one around and pulled all the tubes out and tried to kill himself.

His wife has divorced him now and he's been ontrial under the full scrutiny of the english media, who are a pack of b*stards at the best of times.

Do a search and read about it, its not as black and white as you think.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 2:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

he didn't push them, he picked them up and jumped off with them, he was almost dead himself, then when he came to he waited until there was no-one around and pulled all the tubes out and tried to kill himself.

His wife has divorced him now and he's been ontrial under the full scrutiny of the english media, who are a pack of b*stards at the best of times.

yeah, it isn't as simple as it sounds...he was severely depressed i seem to recall (or some mental illness) and was trying to commit suicide. I remember seeing some footage of him on the news at the time, and he looked like a zombie...it's a difficult one, no sane person would take their kids with them to death, but he clearly isn't sane...

must be impossible for the rest of the family and the mother to deal with though, my heart goes out to them...

MM, xx
Old Mar 26th 2008, 2:39 pm
Account Closed

I did read about it and still don't give a toss about his state of mind...the simple fact is that he killed one of his own kids and almost killed the other. No excuse in my view...the kids were innocent victims.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

I did read about it and still don't give a toss about his state of mind...the simple fact is that he killed one of his own kids and almost killed the other. No excuse in my view...the kids were innocent victims.
Have to admit guys I'm with Lionheart on this one.
As I said before if he was that messed up why was he allowed to be alone with the kids or have chance to do something like this.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 2:57 pm
why ayeeeee man!

no excuse? even if he's mentally ill?
Old Mar 26th 2008, 3:05 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

thank god you are normal eh...
Old Mar 26th 2008, 3:11 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
thank god you are normal eh...

very sad case all round, one child dead, but as Spugs says there is more to this case than meets the eye. It has all gone quiet on the Shannon Mathews front too
Old Mar 26th 2008, 5:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

There are frequently cases where mothers kill or harm their children when they have Post-Natal depression and you don't hear the same outcry in those cases!

The guy should not have been done for murder. He should however have been locked up in a secure institution for the rest of his life.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

B.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud of

no excuse? even if he's mentally ill?
No..... Thats the reason why he did it.

I can understand why he did it - he was over the edge... but that does not excuse his actions.

Very sad case indeed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.