Keane....

Old Jul 9th 2009, 3:54 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Keane....

So did anyone else go to see them last night at the Madinat ?

They were really good, I was pleasantly suprised as I like some of their stuff but wouldnt say I was a hardened fan and thought they may have been a bit weak live, but they actually sounded better live than they do on CD, which is always a good indication, and I didnt realise I knew as many of their songs as I did.

They came on stage at 9.15, and went off at 10.55, so not the longest but not the shortest concert i have ever been to either

It was pretty full, and never having been to see a gig at The Madinat before, I thought it was a great little venue, sound was good, and piss easy to get to and home from.....

So all in all, a good night and worth the AED 220 ticket price...
Old Jul 9th 2009, 5:03 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Keane....

I quite like their music and probably would have gone if it was a weekend, but would have been disappointed at the length of their set. Presumably they had supporting acts. Were they any good?
Old Jul 9th 2009, 5:41 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
So did anyone else go to see them last night at the Madinat ?

They were really good, I was pleasantly suprised as I like some of their stuff but wouldnt say I was a hardened fan and thought they may have been a bit weak live, but they actually sounded better live than they do on CD, which is always a good indication, and I didnt realise I knew as many of their songs as I did.

They came on stage at 9.15, and went off at 10.55, so not the longest but not the shortest concert i have ever been to either

It was pretty full, and never having been to see a gig at The Madinat before, I thought it was a great little venue, sound was good, and piss easy to get to and home from.....

So all in all, a good night and worth the AED 220 ticket price...
my mates band 'Beat Antenna' were supporting, did any of you lot see them?
Old Jul 9th 2009, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

I'd have gone with the good lady but she buggered off back to blighty last weekend.

I was wondering about the crowd size seeing as a big proportion of their target audience will have buggered off last week.They always sound good live, I tend to play their live recordings rather than the albums these days
Old Jul 9th 2009, 7:17 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sandboy
I'd have gone with the good lady but she buggered off back to blighty last weekend.

I was wondering about the crowd size seeing as a big proportion of their target audience will have buggered off last week.They always sound good live, I tend to play their live recordings rather than the albums these days
The concert was supposedly "sold out" according to the radio but I find that rather surprising. They are not exactly a household name.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 7:17 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
The concert was supposedly "sold out" according to the radio but I find that rather surprising. They are not exactly a household name.
yes but there is not much else to do this time of year, I bet there were loads of kids there
Old Jul 9th 2009, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

of course they are !

I was suspicious because of the amount of advertising, there was even a time where you could get a pair of tickets with a 300AED sub to The National
Old Jul 9th 2009, 7:47 am
Arrrrrrgh!

Dubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
yes but there is not much else to do this time of year, I bet there were loads of kids there
I was there along with the other 4,000 middle aged Dubai folk - not really that many kids there. Good venue and the band were better than expected - but I was not happy at having to pay 30 chips for a can of warm Fosters

Did not see any warm up band - unless they were on before 8:30?
Old Jul 9th 2009, 9:14 am
???

moto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to behold

I went and was in a large group of the 30/40 somethings

I actually enjoyed it, there was room to move around, there were bars inside and the AC was good, I think it would have been a different matter if say the concert had been on a couple of months earlier.

Didn't see the warm up band as we were in Bar Zar Pre & Post concert, no queues for taxi's either.

On the whole I had a great night
Old Jul 9th 2009, 10:04 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

They are LH, they are pretty big in the UK.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 10:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
LH is still grooving to the tunes of Glenn Miller. he might discover the disco era soon
Old Jul 9th 2009, 10:49 am
Account Closed

So how many albums have they sold? Yes, they are a good enough band but not what I call a household name, like Coldplay or even the Killers.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 10:55 am
why ayeeeee man!

So how many albums have they sold? Yes, they are a good enough band but not what I call a household name, like Coldplay or even the Killers.
well their first album sold 6 million copies,

that's not too shabby is it now?
Old Jul 9th 2009, 11:00 am
Account Closed

well their first album sold 6 million copies,

that's not too shabby is it now?
I didn't mean how many copies, I meant how many albums...a household name in my book has usually been around for several years. Anyway, I do like the band so I'll stop quibbling.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Well i thought it was brilliant.

I only really went because a) they made the effort to come here and b) if people don't go to these gigs we'll never get any big names out here.

I was genuinely surprised by how good they were. The sound quality was brilliant, the music was good. Beer prices were slightly dear but i can't say i was expecting it to be any cheaper.

I think Keane were also fairly impressed by the crowd. Hopefully they'll go back and spread the word that we aint a bad bunch and get some more bands out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.