Justified ?

Old Jul 23rd 2009, 10:06 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Justified ?

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I suppose it depends on the context. This guy was attacked and maimed for life, I don't think it is a laughing matter but can see how the jokes were going. No doubt now you will say I had a few laughs when Jade died, well you know what she had a terminal illness, she was going to die regardless. This guy had his whole life ahead of him.
Jeez BC, that is worse than anything I said !

So what you're saying is that cos this bloke didnt have a terminal illness its incorrect and improper to make a joke about it, .......but as Jade had a terminal illness, that would have been ok ?

And what do you mean when you say that 'he' had his whole life ahead of him, yet she had a terminal illness ....is not making a joke about someone with cancer, a disease depriving her of 'a whole life ahead of her' much worse or simply a case of double standards ???

From memory, Jade didnt shag someone else's wife, and go totally against strong religious beliefs however warped

Pls read my post No.30....those same comments apply to you too

Last edited by BangleMan; Jul 23rd 2009 at 10:12 pm.
Old Jul 24th 2009, 5:42 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
Jeez BC, that is worse than anything I said !

So what you're saying is that cos this bloke didnt have a terminal illness its incorrect and improper to make a joke about it, .......but as Jade had a terminal illness, that would have been ok ?

And what do you mean when you say that 'he' had his whole life ahead of him, yet she had a terminal illness ....is not making a joke about someone with cancer, a disease depriving her of 'a whole life ahead of her' much worse or simply a case of double standards ???

From memory, Jade didnt shag someone else's wife, and go totally against strong religious beliefs however warped

Pls read my post No.30....those same comments apply to you too
so you think this guy deserved what he got? it is pretty common knowledge that Jade Goody died due to her own ignorance, she failed to go for treatment that would have saved her life.
Old Jul 24th 2009, 6:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

It is typical of British humour to make fun of awful situations, deaths, wars etc as a way of 'dealing with such terrible things, tragedies, disasters....thats the way we generally are as a nation / people

If not, then why did we find the 'Germans, well you started the war' scene funny in Fawlty Towers, or why was 'Allo Allo' such a success etc etc, .....was that making fun of the millions who sacrificed their lives in world wars ??....er, no, I didnt think so..

Why then, within 15mins of Michael Jackson being confirmed as dead, do we get 20 text jokes from friends about him ?

Terrible things happen every day, and people make jokes about those events as a way of dealing with them....think you need to loosen up a little and get off the high morality horse, mate
At least nobody made jokes about Stephen Hawking when he was merely "ill".......... that would have been just too much to bear.
Old Jul 24th 2009, 7:23 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
At least nobody made jokes about Stephen Hawking when he was merely "ill".......... that would have been just too much to bear.
He really enjoyed his zero-gravity flight in an aircraft:

Old Jul 24th 2009, 9:36 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Justified ?

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
so you think this guy deserved what he got? it is pretty common knowledge that Jade Goody died due to her own ignorance, she failed to go for treatment that would have saved her life.
I didnt say that at any point in this thread.

However, you're implying above that she had no one to blame but herself for dying, and as such is a fair target to take the piss out of and have a laugh at
but not some bloke who got attacked with his life ahead of him

So in your scenario, I can take the piss out of the British casualties in Afghanistan lately, ....seeing as they knew full well that if they had not joined the army it would have prolonged their lives, and so they had no one to blame but themselves for dying ?
Old Jul 25th 2009, 3:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder why the lady who posted about the horrible murder in Germany didn't post about this case?

This happened 3 weeks ago but has only just been reported.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 6:04 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

It is typical of British humour to make fun of awful situations, deaths, wars etc as a way of 'dealing with such terrible things, tragedies, disasters....thats the way we generally are as a nation / people

If not, then why did we find the 'Germans, well you started the war' scene funny in Fawlty Towers, or why was 'Allo Allo' such a success etc etc, .....was that making fun of the millions who sacrificed their lives in world wars ??....er, no, I didnt think so..

Why then, within 15mins of Michael Jackson being confirmed as dead, do we get 20 text jokes from friends about him ?

Terrible things happen every day, and people make jokes about those events as a way of dealing with them....think you need to loosen up a little and get off the high morality horse, mate
Thanks for the breakdown of British humour (because being British I didn't know that )...I do see your point though. But taking the piss out of an innocent victim who has suffered greatly is not the same as taking the piss out of the perpetrators (like Mel Brooks did with Hitler and the Nazi's).

I still stand by my comments. Someone has had acid poured down his throat for the "crime" of consensual adult relations. I don't see what's funny really. Accuse me of being on the "high morality horse" if you like...it's a nice ambigious accusation that makes little sense really.

N.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 6:40 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
I wonder why the lady who posted about the horrible murder in Germany didn't post about this case?

This happened 3 weeks ago but has only just been reported.
I suspect for two reasons - first she apparently knew the victim in Germany and second because it was Muslim on Muslim crime in this case (as all "honour killings" tend to be - indeed more Muslims are killed by other Muslims world over than by non-Muslims)...they want us to see the idiot bigot non-Muslim murderer though because that garners sympathy for the myth that Muslims are an oppressed people the world over....and supports the further attempted Islamic annexing of territory in places like Kosovo, Southern Thailand, the Southern Philippines etc.

I could be wrong though

N.