Reload this Page >

Just introducing myself

Just introducing myself

Old Jan 10th 2009, 12:28 am
Just Joined

gary.mcconnell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just introducing myself

Hi to everyone who isnt sleeping yet,
I am heading to Ajman in the next few weeks for a couple of years and want to introduce myself so that at least i will have someone to talk to once i get there. Sitting at home in Middlesbrough at the moment bored and watching BBC3. I know where i am going and am prepared for it. Worked in great places before as well as some not so great places. Wherever i lay my hat its my home so to speak. Dont really have many questions about where i am going to at the moment but i am sure that i will have once i get there so thought i would try and make some contacts now. Anyone who wants to reply please feel free to do so. It would be nice to get to know some people and facts before i get there. By the way it is freezing here at the moment if it makes you feel any better about being away from home.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 3:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just introducing myself

Originally Posted by gary.mcconnell
Hi to everyone who isnt sleeping yet,
I am heading to Ajman in the next few weeks for a couple of years and want to introduce myself so that at least i will have someone to talk to once i get there. Sitting at home in Middlesbrough at the moment bored and watching BBC3. I know where i am going and am prepared for it. Worked in great places before as well as some not so great places. Wherever i lay my hat its my home so to speak. Dont really have many questions about where i am going to at the moment but i am sure that i will have once i get there so thought i would try and make some contacts now. Anyone who wants to reply please feel free to do so. It would be nice to get to know some people and facts before i get there. By the way it is freezing here at the moment if it makes you feel any better about being away from home.
Morning, Gary (or can I just call you 'gary.mcconnell'?),

Welcome.

First question - Ajman. It's not the most frequent choice of location - what are you going to be doing there?
Old Jan 10th 2009, 3:36 am
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome!
Old Jan 10th 2009, 4:27 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

welcome, Ajman eh! pretty quiet but I am sure it will grow on you
Old Jan 10th 2009, 5:04 am
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

Ajman is definitely the Middlesboro of the UAE so you will soon feel at home.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 7:01 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shadya
Ajman is definitely the Middlesboro of the UAE so you will soon feel at home.
heh, that is in fact very true.

Welcome smoggie mate, sounds like a strange place to live, but Dubai isn't too far away,

whats the job then?
Old Jan 10th 2009, 8:19 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Once knew a girl from dormonstown in redcar. That's a hell of a lovely place.

Enjoy ajman
Old Jan 10th 2009, 10:53 am
Just Joined

Thanks to everyone for replying i did not expect such a response,
Sorry for not getting back sooner but to be honest i crashed out after posting. Anyway why Ajman? I didnt choose the place i chose the company. Pretty much been everywhere else and want the middle east on my CV. I work in the hospitality industry in recreational management so i pretty much make sure that everyone else is having a great time whilst i am not. I can get a beer in Ajman so that is a definete bonus and at the end of the day if i need a blowout Dubai is not that far away. Believe you me i have been in nightmare locations just to make a few quid. Just a quick message to spugsy, i am not a smoggie. Lived here for 5 yrs on and off but a southener by birth. Know Newcastle well as used to work at the Thistle Hotel on Neville Street, im sure you know it. Great nightlife. Actually a Glasgow Rangers fan. Good luck for today in the game against West ham. When it comes to supporting the town i live in i always shout as loud as i can for the opposition to really annoy my neighbours. Love it when they get beat which is almost always. By the way Middlesbrough vs Sunderland is today.
Also redcar is a dump now so if you havent been there for a while you will see a huge difference. Its a shame really as everything is boarded up and closing. Girls still nice though.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 11:01 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to everyone for replying i did not expect such a response,
Sorry for not getting back sooner but to be honest i crashed out after posting. Anyway why Ajman? I didnt choose the place i chose the company. Pretty much been everywhere else and want the middle east on my CV. I work in the hospitality industry in recreational management so i pretty much make sure that everyone else is having a great time whilst i am not. I can get a beer in Ajman so that is a definete bonus and at the end of the day if i need a blowout Dubai is not that far away. Believe you me i have been in nightmare locations just to make a few quid. Just a quick message to spugsy, i am not a smoggie. Lived here for 5 yrs on and off but a southener by birth. Know Newcastle well as used to work at the Thistle Hotel on Neville Street, im sure you know it. Great nightlife. Actually a Glasgow Rangers fan. Good luck for today in the game against West ham. When it comes to supporting the town i live in i always shout as loud as i can for the opposition to really annoy my neighbours. Love it when they get beat which is almost always. By the way Middlesbrough vs Sunderland is today.
Also redcar is a dump now so if you havent been there for a while you will see a huge difference. Its a shame really as everything is boarded up and closing. Girls still nice though.

You've just become Commander's best friend..........
Old Jan 10th 2009, 11:03 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Follow follow brother...

Get yourself to biggles in the millenium airport hotel in dubai and meet some of the bretheren.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 11:09 am
Just Joined

Hi Commander,
Seems like you are a good clean living proddie. where are you from?
Old Jan 10th 2009, 12:08 pm
banned

Various places, born in the NE of gods country, have called Shawlands. Plymouth, Portsmouth, Gibraltar, Inverkeithing home at some point
Old Jan 10th 2009, 12:29 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=gary.mcconnell;7148183]Hi Commander,
Seems like you are a good clean living proddie.

What an endearing opener!
Another Diplomat joins the forum.............
Old Jan 10th 2009, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=Eva;7148352]
Hi Commander,
Seems like you are a good clean living proddie.

What an endearing opener!
Another Diplomat joins the forum.............
Old Jan 10th 2009, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

Hope being endearing isnt classed as being offensive.
Just nice to know i am going to be living and in contact with like minded people. Dont get me wrong i am open minded and have friends from all divides and nationalities. Nice to see that you are well travelled. Been about a bit myself. Six years in South Africa, worked in most eastern european countries as well as Tanzania and 5 years in China. Add to this Mary Hill in Glasgow, Ballymana, Antrim and Belfast i have been around a bit. Sure that Ajman will be a bit different although not as bad as Karachi where i spent a miserable 6 months.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.