Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Jordan, is it the new holiday destination for every one?

Wikiposts

Jordan, is it the new holiday destination for every one?

Old Aug 13th 2009, 6:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jordan, is it the new holiday destination for every one?

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
I must admit I have noticed that too although I know a few brits who enjoyed the ski-ing there and I'd still like to go.

What I cannot understand is why every Lebanese person pretends to be something else... mostly they pretend to be French or Canadian. I've never worked out why they say... "I'm French, well I'm Lebanese but I have a French passport, was educated in America and have a French degree"

I've asked a Lebanese girl at work this question (she pretends to be Canadian despite being born in the Lebanon to Lebanese parents and has only lived in Canada for 7 years although she did get a passport) - she just smiled and said "I don't know why we do it as the Lebanon is amazing..."
Originally Posted by Dubai to Dibba Daily
Ha ha - nail on the head!

I have loads of 'Canadians / Yanks' on site.......
Originally Posted by Tiger989
True Lebanese people don't admit they are lebanese to the western world. Even to arabs. They don't consider them selves arab. They are French...
All Arabs say they are a different nationality when they get a second passport, so do the Indians, Pakistanis, chinese, japanese, etc etc...
How many times have you seen a chinaman talking in an American accent and telling you he's American...
I've seen stupid people on the site but you two are trying to be championship contenders all of a sudden...
League of morons...
Old Aug 13th 2009, 6:44 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiger989
True Lebanese people don't admit they are lebanese to the western world. Even to arabs. They don't consider them selves arab. They are French...
All my Lebanese friends in Australia proudly call themselves Lebanese...they've never said anything otherwise.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 6:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
All my Lebanese friends in Australia proudly call themselves Lebanese...they've never said anything otherwise.
Granted that some Lebanese label themselves as Phoenicians and not Arabs...Those are the Maronite Christians who by the way are originally Syrian...
Old Aug 13th 2009, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
All Arabs say they are a different nationality when they get a second passport, so do the Indians, Pakistanis, chinese, japanese, etc etc...
How many times have you seen a chinaman talking in an American accent and telling you he's American...
I've seen stupid people on the site but you two are trying to be championship contenders all of a sudden...
League of morons...
* Patsy smoothes Conf's fevered brow*
Chill sweetie xxxx
Old Aug 13th 2009, 7:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

League of morons...
didn't aim to offend - just asking the question... At the risk of offending more people I note that Egyptians don't like being refered to as Arabs despite it being the Arab Republic of Egypt.

It's just that here I see so many people (all nationalities) saying that they are something else and I don't get it.

The Lebanese I meet do this a lot, yet they are clearly very proud of their country but appear not to be proud to be a national of it. Whereas I'm comfortable with being a UK national, although not particularly proud of some of the things the UK does. More making the observation than having a dig.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 1:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
didn't aim to offend - just asking the question... At the risk of offending more people I note that Egyptians don't like being refered to as Arabs despite it being the Arab Republic of Egypt.

It's just that here I see so many people (all nationalities) saying that they are something else and I don't get it.

The Lebanese I meet do this a lot, yet they are clearly very proud of their country but appear not to be proud to be a national of it. Whereas I'm comfortable with being a UK national, although not particularly proud of some of the things the UK does. More making the observation than having a dig.
Point taken...
Even though I am defending the Arab Lebanese, unfortunately while being a 3rd generation Lebanese of Armenian origin, I am still considered a foreigner in Lebanon and also a foreigner in the "motherland" which I have yet to see...
Old Aug 14th 2009, 1:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
* Patsy smoothes Conf's fevered brow*
Chill sweetie xxxx
I felt a vein almost pop...
Old Aug 15th 2009, 9:11 pm
Once a blue Always a blue

Tiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of light

League of morons...
hahaha

Mate take it easy...
The point is when some one forgets there origin for no reason, cause the other side seems greener. Is scum in my opinion. I'm an Arab origin, with a Jordanian Nationality. Palestinian Origin. I've said it out loud and clear when I joined the site. And I would say it again. I'm proud where I came from. Unlike others.......