Du, Du Du Du Du Du

Old Aug 6th 2009, 12:21 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Du, Du Du Du Du Du

Hello I would like to report my Du Tv Box is not working

You have a Du TV

No but I do have a Du box for Tv transmittal, that is not working

Is the green light on,on the front of the box?

Yes

In that case its working

No it isn’t can you send someone out to fix it?

Give me the serial no

I don’t have the serial no as I am at work

Well how do you know the box isn’t working?

Just send someone out to fix it please?

I can’t without the serial no

But you have just done all the security checks and details and you will have the serial no on your system.

Yes but I want to check it is the same no.

Just send someone out to fix it please.

I will get someone from complaints to contact you within 48hrs, do you require any further service.

So, is someone coming to fix my Du box

No but complaints will contact you in 48hrs

But how do I get someone out to fix the box

Ring us when you get home with the serial no and we will log the fault.

I GIVE IN……WILL IT BE FIXED FOR FOOTBALL SEASON STARTING?
Old Aug 6th 2009, 12:36 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Du, Du Du Du Du Du

Old Aug 6th 2009, 1:46 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rowell
Hello I would like to report my Du Tv Box is not working

You have a Du TV

No but I do have a Du box for Tv transmittal, that is not working

Is the green light on,on the front of the box?

Yes

In that case its working

No it isn’t can you send someone out to fix it?

Give me the serial no

I don’t have the serial no as I am at work

Well how do you know the box isn’t working?

Just send someone out to fix it please?

I can’t without the serial no

But you have just done all the security checks and details and you will have the serial no on your system.

Yes but I want to check it is the same no.

Just send someone out to fix it please.

I will get someone from complaints to contact you within 48hrs, do you require any further service.

So, is someone coming to fix my Du box

No but complaints will contact you in 48hrs

But how do I get someone out to fix the box

Ring us when you get home with the serial no and we will log the fault.

I GIVE IN……WILL IT BE FIXED FOR FOOTBALL SEASON STARTING?
HMMM, I'm about to sign up with these motherfûckers tomorrow for the new gaff,

also how come broadband is so bloody expensive over here?

'We can give you 24MB broadband'
'oh great, how much?'
'only AED 749 a month!'
'erm, piss off eh pet?'
Old Aug 6th 2009, 2:58 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy

'oh great, how much?'
'only AED 749 a month!'
'erm, piss off eh pet?'
it's much easier to call into their offices, they are open til 8 pm, Building 14 Media City.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 5:02 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Are you a German with a stutter ?
Old Aug 7th 2009, 6:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

that's hilarious, and just so typical of dubai customer service...did you get it sorted in the end...?

MM, xx
Old Aug 7th 2009, 6:53 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

'oh great, how much?'
'only AED 749 a month!'
'erm, piss off eh pet?'
I was on 8 MB and they asked the same question - whether I would be interested in 24 MB. I said yes but couldn't afford it at the moment but that I was interested and said I would look into it in the next year or so. They gave me 16 MB for free (i.e., extra 8 MB) at the same cost as my 8 MB connection !
Old Aug 7th 2009, 10:47 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
I was on 8 MB and they asked the same question - whether I would be interested in 24 MB. I said yes but couldn't afford it at the moment but that I was interested and said I would look into it in the next year or so. They gave me 16 MB for free (i.e., extra 8 MB) at the same cost as my 8 MB connection !
yeah???

I've just signed up, took a while but was ok, so we got: 2MB broadband, a landline, full showtime package, sports, movies etc in 2 rooms, both with those Du boxes where you can record, rewind, pause etc etc for about AED 700 a month, not cheap but not too bad for the lot to be honest.

I may ring up there and see if I can get better broadband....
Old Aug 7th 2009, 10:56 am
A bubbly-jock...

yeah???

I've just signed up, took a while but was ok, so we got: 2MB broadband, a landline, full showtime package, sports, movies etc in 2 rooms, both with those Du boxes where you can record, rewind, pause etc etc for about AED 700 a month, not cheap but not too bad for the lot to be honest.

I may ring up there and see if I can get better broadband....
Test your broadband upload/download speeds at http://www.speedtest.net/

Also, if you have a British VPN, test speed with your VPN on. If you can easily watch BBC iPlayer without pauses or reloading annoyances...you might not need increased broadband.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 11:04 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by MacScot
Test your broadband upload/download speeds at http://www.speedtest.net/

Also, if you have a British VPN, test speed with your VPN on. If you can easily watch BBC iPlayer without pauses or reloading annoyances...you might not need increased broadband.
yeah I do download loads of stuff every night though, so it would come in handy, films for the ipod, tv shows, music etc
Old Aug 7th 2009, 1:10 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
that's hilarious, and just so typical of dubai customer service...did you get it sorted in the end...?

MM, xx
The box was working when I got up this morning and I got a call from Du saying they had fixed it from their end and was it working ok? so at the end of the day it was probably the whole block that was off? Why is everything here so difficult?
Anyway its working thanks, I envisaged having to stop of work for them to be able to ge in to fix it, then probably several visits later they would decide the box was faulty.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Does anybody have the Du HD box? I'm considering it for the footy.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really nice

I gave up on Du as far as I could after 15 months of nothing but frustration with them. Any problem had me screaming down the phone after numerous previous attempts at getting anything resolved with no joy, from no picture on TV, unable to connect mobile calls and no broadband.

I even had Du calling me after 10 months service that I had not paid the connection fees for broadband and tv ("Erm, how do I have them working if I never paid the fees???"). Then after 15 months they obviously found the cheques, and tried to bank them - cheques here are only valid for 6 months from the date, so they bounced. I then had calls from them in relation to giving cheques that were dishonoured. That was the final straw, and after getting that mess sorted with an apology letter from them, I cancelled as much as I could live without.

Useless company to deal with. I now only have broadband with them, simply as I have no other choice. No TV at all (download everything) and mobiles are now with Etisalat.

And yes, no wonder Etisalat is the most profitable telecoms company in the world... broadband is f'kin ridiculous price here. I could get 2Mb unlimited broadband in the UK for the amount we pay per month here.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 6:47 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by CeeBee
Does anybody have the Du HD box? I'm considering it for the footy.
I'm getting two installed tonight. (If they show up)
Old Aug 10th 2009, 6:56 am
Concierge

I'm getting two installed tonight. (If they show up)
we have got DVD's players with hard drives and usb points, much better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.