Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

It's finally here - Skywards Platinum

It's finally here - Skywards Platinum

Old Feb 17th 2013, 8:59 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's finally here - Skywards Platinum

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
I don't like using the lounges - work covers my food/drink so I prefer to go to The Hub or the IV (now McGettigans I believe) where I can have a few drinks, smoke and usually get to chat to interesting people.
I tend to agree (apart from the smoking part of course) some of the lounges are packed to capacity..although there is champers on tap.
Old Feb 17th 2013, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

StublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to all

Originally Posted by commander
Exactly, i have an approx 60% success rate for J-F upgrades due to being a gold member. I have never ever been upgraded from Economy to business..I was told that the reason is that i fly to Glasgow regularly and economy is never (or rarely) full.

Its worth it for the lounge access and the potential upgraded, nothing else really.

I fly a couple of times a year to Houston TX in J, as well as Sing/Korea a couple of times, so that will keep me in gold, but id have to be rotating DXB to Korea monthly with business tickets to get platinum.

In the grand scheme of things, its not that important.
Actually, that's wrong mate. The reason why you rarely get an upgrade on dxb to glasgow is that business is generally full. My good lady is sfs with ek and has done over 130 gla flights now. Economy is pretty much full on most flights as well from gla (I have only had one upgrade on glasgow flights)

I still fly back to watch rangers games 2 or 3 times a year and the flights are normally full in economy and business. First was struggling but now it is doing very well.

Last edited by StublueKPL; Feb 17th 2013 at 10:21 am.
Old Feb 17th 2013, 10:43 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by StublueKPL
Actually, that's wrong mate. The reason why you rarely get an upgrade on dxb to glasgow is that business is generally full. My good lady is sfs with ek and has done over 130 gla flights now. Economy is pretty much full on most flights as well from gla (I have only had one upgrade on glasgow flights)

I still fly back to watch rangers games 2 or 3 times a year and the flights are normally full in economy and business. First was struggling but now it is doing very well.
Fair one, my experience is different. I also (albeit not as much as your missus) fly regularly to Glasgow to see my daughter and Economy is never full..The last 4 flights i have consoled myself in lieu of an upgrade with a row of 4 seats all to myself. Especially now that there are 2 flights daily. I dont think i saw business full either. I usually ask when im at the desk at Glasgow and its usually a case of there will be no upgrades as economy is not full.. Not disagreeing with you mate, just stating my experience.
Old Feb 17th 2013, 10:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Fair one, my experience is different. I also (albeit not as much as your missus) fly regularly to Glasgow to see my daughter and Economy is never full..The last 4 flights i have consoled myself in lieu of an upgrade with a row of 4 seats all to myself. Especially now that there are 2 flights daily. I dont think i saw business full either. I usually ask when im at the desk at Glasgow and its usually a case of there will be no upgrades as economy is not full.. Not disagreeing with you mate, just stating my experience.
*Trying not to crack a joke about business and first not being full on a flight to Scotland.*
Old Feb 17th 2013, 11:09 am
banned

Originally Posted by Scamp
*Trying not to crack a joke about business and first not being full on a flight to Scotland.*
Especially Glasgow...soapdodge central. You do get some "characters" on that flight. Gash footy tops, tracksuit bottoms tucked into white socks and lacoste white trainers with a velcro strap. oh not to mention the "sovs" rings on every finger. ****ing minks. still id rather be a weedgie than a shandy drinking southern puff
Old Feb 17th 2013, 11:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Especially Glasgow...soapdodge central. You do get some "characters" on that flight. Gash footy tops, tracksuit bottoms tucked into white socks and lacoste white trainers with a velcro strap. oh not to mention the "sovs" rings on every finger. ****ing minks. still id rather be a weedgie than a shandy drinking southern puff
Hahahahahahaha you just described Portsmouth.

They sound like utter wankers, but at least I wouldn't understand what they're saying, then English / London version on EK flights into LGW/LHR are just as vile but I can understand the scumbags.

That being said, I sometimes travel in big comfy trackie bums (the soft grey Nike ones) because they are so, so, so comfortable.

I don't know what a weedgie is but I don't think I want to be one...
Old Feb 17th 2013, 11:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

(Glas)weedgie...
Old Feb 17th 2013, 11:54 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by OleJanx
(Glas)weedgie...
Crikey, that was a simple one...thanks OJ.
Old Feb 17th 2013, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

StublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to all

Now, now gentlemen! That's my home city and one I'm very proud to come from. I would consider myself a glaswegian (weegie for the mutton molesters up north) before a scotsman!!

We are the biggest city in scotland and the third biggest in the uk after all!! ;-)

Scotland put the great into great britain and glasgow is what made scotland!!!

But don't worry, I won't bite to your statments. Ha! ;-)
Old Feb 17th 2013, 12:02 pm
Account Closed

Now, now gentlemen! That's my home city and one I'm very proud to come from. I would consider myself a glaswegian (weegie for the mutton molesters up north) before a scotsman!!

We are the biggest city in scotland and the third biggest in the uk after all!! ;-)

Scotland put the great into great britain and glasgow is what made scotland!!!

But don't worry, I won't bite to your statments. Ha! ;-)
Don't worry too much, I don't mind Scotland and most of the Scots (given my Dad is one and so I'm technically 'arf). I used to work with a bloke from Dundee and he genuinely hated all things English - that's the kind of Scot I have zero tolerance for.

The flipside is the hoardes of English wankers who seem to dislike Scotland for...well, no reason as far as I'm aware.

Don't get me started on the Welsh though.
Old Feb 17th 2013, 12:02 pm
banned

Hahahahahahaha you just described Portsmouth.

They sound like utter wankers, but at least I wouldn't understand what they're saying, then English / London version on EK flights into LGW/LHR are just as vile but I can understand the scumbags.

That being said, I sometimes travel in big comfy trackie bums (the soft grey Nike ones) because they are so, so, so comfortable.

I wear trackies on flights all the time, but leave the football top (adults who wear fitba tops anywhere apart from a match or 5's are retarded). I look like I'm going to a race. They look like they are from another race.

Weedgie...glasgwegian..

I love them really
Old Feb 17th 2013, 12:10 pm
Account Closed

I wear trackies on flights all the time, but leave the football top (adults who wear fitba tops anywhere apart from a match or 5's are retarded). I look like I'm going to a race. They look like they are from another race.

Weedgie...glasgwegian..

I love them really
Yeah. Football tops deserve to be left at home once beyond 18yrs of age.

My step sister (one of) had a family photo sent to us all from their trip to Disneyland. It consisted of her husbands family and their kids, 3 adult men and my older nephew were all in Portsmouth shirts. On the same day. In Florida. For a photo.

Eurgh. Peasants.
Old Feb 17th 2013, 12:17 pm
banned

My step sister (one of) had a family photo sent to us all from their trip to Disneyland. It consisted of her husbands family and their kids, 3 adult men and my older nephew were all in Portsmouth shirts. On the same day. In Florida. For a photo.

Eurgh. Peasants.
Tragic.

Having resided in Fareham and Gosport and actually Dog shit city for years, I feel your pain.
Old Feb 17th 2013, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eurgh. Peasants.
I personally think tracksuits are worse!! Leave them at home you chavs on planes!!
Old Feb 17th 2013, 1:02 pm
banned

I personally think tracksuits are worse!! Leave them at home you chavs on planes!!
Nothing is worse than adults wearing football tops outwith:

House
Match day
5's

Period.

When I'm home I take a look at these ****tards and feel genuine pity..and then vow that my kids will never become a ****tard.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.