Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Israel kills top Hamas commander in Dubai

Israel kills top Hamas commander in Dubai

Old Jan 29th 2010, 8:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Israel kills top Hamas commander in Dubai

http://business.maktoob.com/20090000...i_/Article.htm
Old Jan 29th 2010, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Israel kills top Hamas commander in Dubai

The Mossad Kidon team strikes again....
Old Jan 31st 2010, 5:03 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Good riddance...HAMAS are a particularly nasty organisation who raise children to hate blindly, give money and throw parties for the familes of suicide murderers and they have no interest in peace of any kind, just the destruction of Israel.

Their record of treatment of Christian Arabs in their territory is quite disgusting too.

Still I'll wait for the Guardian readers George Gallaway lookalikes to respond about how Israel causes all problems on earth and must be stopped even though it's Israel giving the palestinians power, clean water and medicine more than anyone else.

N.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 1:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Good riddance...HAMAS are a particularly nasty organisation who raise children to hate blindly, give money and throw parties for the familes of suicide murderers and they have no interest in peace of any kind, just the destruction of Israel.

Their record of treatment of Christian Arabs in their territory is quite disgusting too.

Still I'll wait for the Guardian readers George Gallaway lookalikes to respond about how Israel causes all problems on earth and must be stopped even though it's Israel giving the palestinians power, clean water and medicine more than anyone else.

N.
An update on this story - Dubai police have broken their silence and acknowledged that it "could have been Mossad".

How deliciously cloak-and-dagger.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...9jPF9SfNeFUk9Q
Old Jan 31st 2010, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

spart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud of

Its almost Inspector Clouseau-esque.

Lieutenant General Dahi Khalfan Tamim, Chief of Dubai Police, reserved from giving details about the crime scene saying the cause of death is by suffocation. "Forensic examination point out that the deceased was suffocated with a pillow in his hotel room"

Manama: The hit squad that killed a top Hamas commander in a hotel room in Dubai injected him with a drug that induced a heart attack

The officials confirmed that al Mabhouh, a leading member of Hamas’s military wing, was a key arms supplier for the group, and was in the UAE on “a mission” when he was killed, possibly by Israeli agents.

According to Hamas, citing information it said it received from Dubai authorities, he was electrocuted while walking in the hotel corridor, dragged into his room, and then strangled.

And people wonder why you cant trust anything that comes out of the newspapers here?
Old Jan 31st 2010, 1:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spart
Its almost Inspector Clouseau-esque.

Lieutenant General Dahi Khalfan Tamim, Chief of Dubai Police, reserved from giving details about the crime scene saying the cause of death is by suffocation. "Forensic examination point out that the deceased was suffocated with a pillow in his hotel room"

Manama: The hit squad that killed a top Hamas commander in a hotel room in Dubai injected him with a drug that induced a heart attack

The officials confirmed that al Mabhouh, a leading member of Hamas’s military wing, was a key arms supplier for the group, and was in the UAE on “a mission” when he was killed, possibly by Israeli agents.

According to Hamas, citing information it said it received from Dubai authorities, he was electrocuted while walking in the hotel corridor, dragged into his room, and then strangled.

And people wonder why you cant trust anything that comes out of the newspapers here?
Well, it's nice to see that Hamas have not been distracted from their cause with this minor set-back:

"We will avenge the blood of this giant. If today you [Israelis] are happy about his death, your joy will be short-lived, because we will avenge his blessed blood. If you think that we will abandon the option of resistance, you are under an illusion. Our resistance won't be weakened by settlements, occupation, killings, walls or starvation,"

I'm often tempted to employ the Arabian school of over-bloated rhetoric in a business meeting, but to date my courage has failed me......
Old Jan 31st 2010, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

spart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
I'm often tempted to employ the Arabian school of over-bloated rhetoric in a business meeting, but to date my courage has failed me......
I've seen it employed in a few meetings. Can stop a contractor or supplier fresh off the plane from Europe/Asia/USA dead in their tracks.

My favorites

"Stop - let me tell you..."
"You are a fraud, your product cannot be the best in the world"

..and my all time winner..

"Habibi - why should I buy this item/service from you, when my cousin can do exactly the same for half the price? Leave, leave now"

Might work when you are buying a carpet...
Old Jan 31st 2010, 3:51 pm
Is not impressed...

Aikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really nice

After reading a number of articles I was able to get a hotel name out of Google News: Al Bustan Rotana.

I really wanted to know that. I'm also surprised at the serious lack of attention this is receiving in the international press. Fascinating stuff and the NY Times says that this along with 4 other recent incidents blows the lid off the "it won't happen in Dubai" theory.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 4:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Aikman7981
After reading a number of articles I was able to get a hotel name out of Google News: Al Bustan Rotana.

I really wanted to know that. I'm also surprised at the serious lack of attention this is receiving in the international press. Fascinating stuff and the NY Times says that this along with 4 other recent incidents blows the lid off the "it won't happen in Dubai" theory.
Nor have their yet been any howls of diplomatic protest from the UAE. Oddly enough, this comes only days after another story that got limited press attention:

The first ever visit of an Israeli Cabinet Minister to the UAE!!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...n6104434.shtml

Another interesting story from Defense News - UAE/Israeli deal on sat surveillance:

http://www.defensenews.com/story.php?i=3958937

FWIW, however, I don't think that the putative Mossad op in Dubai is a pre-cursor to a terrorist attack. The two are not really linked in any meaningful way, and quite apart from inter-government dealings the UAE is reliant on business links with US multi-nats with Israeli sympathies....

Last edited by shakh your bootie; Jan 31st 2010 at 4:19 pm.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Did anyone also miss the fact that the guy was supposed to be the major organiser of terrorist attacks.

I suspect that may have brought him into contact with some fairly savory types in the international armaments arena.

Wouldnt want to cross the Russian mafia now...
Old Feb 1st 2010, 5:22 pm
Is not impressed...

Aikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really nice

Nor have their yet been any howls of diplomatic protest from the UAE. Oddly enough, this comes only days after another story that got limited press attention:

The first ever visit of an Israeli Cabinet Minister to the UAE!!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...n6104434.shtml

Another interesting story from Defense News - UAE/Israeli deal on sat surveillance:

http://www.defensenews.com/story.php?i=3958937

FWIW, however, I don't think that the putative Mossad op in Dubai is a pre-cursor to a terrorist attack. The two are not really linked in any meaningful way, and quite apart from inter-government dealings the UAE is reliant on business links with US multi-nats with Israeli sympathies....
To be clear I wasn't referring to a full blown attack. Just that Dubai had been considered exempt from the ugliness and violence in the region since everyone had a stake in Dubai. It now seems that Dubai is "in bounds" for these sorts of things.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Aikman7981
To be clear I wasn't referring to a full blown attack. Just that Dubai had been considered exempt from the ugliness and violence in the region since everyone had a stake in Dubai. It now seems that Dubai is "in bounds" for these sorts of things.
Interesting development.

http://www.thenational.ae/apps/pbcs....702039836/1010

Hamas denied entry to Dubai after killing

Gen Tamim pledged that his department would reveal more information about the killing when it was appropriate.

“We do not work in the dark and we are transparent,” he said. “Every single detail about the murder will be made public.”

He also dismissed media reports that al Mabhouh was in Dubai to buy weapons, claiming instead that he was here to buy items for a “personal workshop”.

So...why are they banning Hamas again?
Old Feb 5th 2010, 11:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by spart
Interesting development.

http://www.thenational.ae/apps/pbcs....702039836/1010

Hamas denied entry to Dubai after killing

Gen Tamim pledged that his department would reveal more information about the killing when it was appropriate.

“We do not work in the dark and we are transparent,” he said. “Every single detail about the murder will be made public.”

He also dismissed media reports that al Mabhouh was in Dubai to buy weapons, claiming instead that he was here to buy items for a “personal workshop”.

So...why are they banning Hamas again?
What makes me chortle is Gen Tamimi's statement that he will issue an arrest warrant for Ben Netenyahu if he finds that Mossad were responsible.

Yeah, right. That'll show them.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 12:51 pm
Is not impressed...

The Israelis are quaking in their boots at the thought. Oi Vey.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 1:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

What makes me chortle is Gen Tamimi's statement that he will issue an arrest warrant for Ben Netenyahu if he finds that Mossad were responsible.

Yeah, right. That'll show them.
Dubai is no doubt making this fake threat about issuing a warrant figuring they can use that to extract benefits for Emiratis.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.