IPOD help

Old Apr 9th 2008, 11:20 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute
Default IPOD help

Well it appears that my ipod is sick - just showing a pic of an ipod with a face like this on it :- - so its obviously not too happy.

Anybody have any idea where to take it, I've tried to reset etc. but the laptop isn't even recognising it
Old Apr 9th 2008, 11:34 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IPOD help

Originally Posted by Fairydust
Well it appears that my ipod is sick - just showing a pic of an ipod with a face like this on it :- - so its obviously not too happy.

Anybody have any idea where to take it, I've tried to reset etc. but the laptop isn't even recognising it
seriously right, and believe me on this - as it happened to me.

Hold it tightly and pretty hard, start slapping the sides of it, make sure you don't drop it and hit it near the top right of the iPod, thats where the hard disk is and it could be a slight loose connection - it's happened to my 4 year old iPod 3 times and it works fine now.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 11:39 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

There was a pretty useful article about how to restore i-pods in a local periodical within the last week or possibly two. May have been Time Out...hopefully somebody else may recall seeing it.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 11:40 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Why don't you try this website and forum - it's for Apple enthusiasts in the U.A.E!

http://www.emiratesmac.com/

Good luck x
Old Apr 9th 2008, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

lochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Spugsy
seriously right, and believe me on this - as it happened to me.

Hold it tightly and pretty hard, start slapping the sides of it, make sure you don't drop it and hit it near the top right of the iPod, thats where the hard disk is and it could be a slight loose connection - it's happened to my 4 year old iPod 3 times and it works fine now.
This is good advice. What generation is your iPod?

My wifes Ipod 3rd or 4th Gen had the same issue. All official fixers point you to a hardware failure. I simply used a tool to open the case, poke around and put it back together. Its worked great since.

Obviously I made out I'd diagnosed a huge fault and through my ability to solder with just the tough of my finger, fixed her iPod.

Have you tried the mac site? http://www.apple.com/support. They'll guide you through resetting the software by pressing a combination of keys.

Let us know how you get on.

Daz
Old Apr 9th 2008, 12:24 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Tried everything else so hubby now has the back of it and is poking around as I speak
Old Apr 9th 2008, 12:43 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Tried everything else so hubby now has the back of it and is poking around as I speak
what about your iPod though?

Old Apr 9th 2008, 12:51 pm
Its all good

what about your iPod though?

Well Ipod is well and truly f**ked - been in bits and now back together but still the dreaded Just checked and its 3 months out of warranty so no joy there either.

Next question - where to buy a new one!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 9th 2008, 1:00 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Well Ipod is well and truly f**ked - been in bits and now back together but still the dreaded Just checked and its 3 months out of warranty so no joy there either.

Next question - where to buy a new one!!!!!!!!!!
seriously, just slap it hard for 20 seconds or so, that works a treat on mine. Have you tried resetting it? Or linking it up to your PC or mac and getting it to mount?
Old Apr 9th 2008, 1:07 pm
Its all good

seriously, just slap it hard for 20 seconds or so, that works a treat on mine. Have you tried resetting it? Or linking it up to your PC or mac and getting it to mount?
Are we still talking about the ipod Did all the slapping first but nothing. Won't reset and PC isn't recognising it so think it will have to go to that big ipod graveyard in the sky. Funny though because I never really used it much after about 6 months it all went blank lost the music, although photos were still there, and when I eventually got around to restoring it a couple of months ago it started skipping songs and generally playing up so must have been a dodgy one me thinks!
Old Apr 9th 2008, 1:14 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Are we still talking about the ipod Did all the slapping first but nothing. Won't reset and PC isn't recognising it so think it will have to go to that big ipod graveyard in the sky. Funny though because I never really used it much after about 6 months it all went blank lost the music, although photos were still there, and when I eventually got around to restoring it a couple of months ago it started skipping songs and generally playing up so must have been a dodgy one me thinks!
how old is it? do you connect it to a mac or a pc?
Old Apr 9th 2008, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

lochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud of

Send it to apple pleading for them to fix it. Otherwise did you know you can trade in your old iPods against shiny new ones? Not sure what you'll get off in the UAE but its about 10-15% in the UK.

Daz
Old Apr 9th 2008, 1:41 pm
Its all good

how old is it? do you connect it to a mac or a pc?
15 months its the 5th gen 80gb one so I'm not best pleased but hey these things happen. Connect to PC - although just thinking about it I used to connect to old laptop with XP my new laptop has Vista don't suppose that would make any difference would it??
Old Apr 9th 2008, 2:05 pm
why ayeeeee man!

15 months its the 5th gen 80gb one so I'm not best pleased but hey these things happen. Connect to PC - although just thinking about it I used to connect to old laptop with XP my new laptop has Vista don't suppose that would make any difference would it??
nah shouldn't do.

thats a real *****er as thats quite a decent one, 5th gen as well??

You should be able to get it fixed, if it was mac connected I'm fairly confident that I could sort it.

I still reckon I could slap it better mind you...
Old Apr 9th 2008, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

dramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to all

i havent tried the slapping mine (ipod before u ask) bit but this worked for me...

move hold button from side to side twice (so its in the unhold position)

then press down menu and middle button together - hold for about 5 seconds - should shut down then start up again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.