iPhone 4 micro SIM

Old Oct 3rd 2010, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute
Default iPhone 4 micro SIM

I've finally given in to temptation and bought an (unlocked) iPhone 4....only to find that a standard sized SIM card doesn't fit - it takes one of the micro SIM cards.

The current Etishaite number is post-paid, originally on a contract with a Crackberry thrown in.

Is it possible to keep the same number, but to swap the current SIM for a dinky one?

Ta.
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud of
Default Re: iPhone 4 micro SIM

Technology wise, yes but UAE wise who knows?!?!?! I upgraded to an iP4 when I was home in the UK in the summer and 02 gave me the new Sim with my old number ported across. A sim card has its own I.D number so all they need to do is associate your old number with a new sim I.D number and thats it BUT whether they can do that, I don't know. Call to see them I guess, only way to know for sure.
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 6:05 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

yes they can do it, not a hassle unless the systems are down which is a lot and should cost about 50 aed
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
yes they can do it, not a hassle unless the systems are down which is a lot and should cost about 50 aed
You can also trim the standard SIM down to Micro size.
We did a couple at the office this way and it worked great.
I'm sure the template can be found on Google.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys....the DIY method looks like it might be easier than countless trips to the golfball

Here's the link to the template:

http://www.buy-microsim.com/index.ph...page=page&id=6
Old Oct 4th 2010, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

Purdey is on a distinguished road

In as much as anything is easy and straightforward with Etisalat, getting a micro SIM on your current number is - once you reach the front of the queue.
You can even get a 'Twin SIM' pack for around Aed 100 which gives you a spare and/or lets you use the same number on 2 separate handsets at the same time - you choose which phone receives calls and SMS but you can do data and make calls on both.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
Thanks guys....the DIY method looks like it might be easier than countless trips to the golfball

Here's the link to the template:

http://www.buy-microsim.com/index.ph...page=page&id=6
Good find!
This is the exact template we used and it's provided three perfect micro SIMs thus far.

Also worth nothing, Etisalat and Du will only offer certain plans on their pre-cut micro sims. You have more options if you cut a standard one (they won't know you did it). ; )

The twin-SIM option is interesting though!!