Investments

Old Feb 19th 2016, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Investments

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Being locked in a pub with profit is no bad thing.
albeit a small profit, short dow at 16375 and short wti at 32,65

locked in for small profit but fancy this to go a lot lower today
Old Feb 19th 2016, 12:15 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lightandbitter
albeit a small profit, short dow at 16375 and short wti at 32,65

locked in for small profit but fancy this to go a lot lower today
You did well to get wti at 3265!
Old Feb 19th 2016, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond repute

You did well to get wti at 3265!
was in very early doors long at .65, ran in up to the 33 mark, came off there very fast so switched polarity and am letting it run. think we could see 31.50 today
Old Feb 19th 2016, 12:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

was in very early doors long at .65, ran in up to the 33 mark, came off there very fast so switched polarity and am letting it run. think we could see 31.50 today
Nice work. I closed out a loss before that rally which annoyed me. I always struggle to make money on oil. I would say long term I'm out of the money on oil. I've not spent enough time understanding it
Old Feb 19th 2016, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Nice work. I closed out a loss before that rally which annoyed me. I always struggle to make money on oil. I would say long term I'm out of the money on oil. I've not spent enough time understanding it
I am not saying I understand it, i just understand the quick movements which is all i want.

I think the world and his wife wants to be short oil but its a scary place to be, any sign of conflict or even a rumour can spike it 5-10% and wipe you out. Saying that I thing once it goes through 25 USD the reward much outweighs the risk and the big players will pile in.

For me 24.50 is the bottom for me
Old Feb 19th 2016, 12:56 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I think the pints are starting to talk.
Old Feb 19th 2016, 12:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I am not saying I understand it, i just understand the quick movements which is all i want.

I think the world and his wife wants to be short oil but its a scary place to be, any sign of conflict or even a rumour can spike it 5-10% and wipe you out. Saying that I thing once it goes through 25 USD the reward much outweighs the risk and the big players will pile in.

I've done ok shorting it. The problem now is the search for good news is spiking it. The production freeze will do nothing for the long term picture but the markets over reacted in the last couple of days.

I'm with you generally. Most of the money is made in moving markets. Nothing worse than a flat market for the day trader.
Old Feb 19th 2016, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

I think the pints are starting to talk.
lol didn't mean today, but sure we will test 25 USD in the near future
Old Feb 19th 2016, 1:20 pm
Hit 16's

lol didn't mean today, but sure we will test 25 USD in the near future
And then buy buy buy...
Old Feb 19th 2016, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

And then buy buy buy...
exactly
Old Feb 19th 2016, 4:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

And then buy buy buy...
Why wait to buy when you can sell it on the way down and then buy it on the way back up.

I short more than I buy for sure.
Old Feb 19th 2016, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Why wait to buy when you can sell it on the way down and then buy it on the way back up.

for me thats a real scary way of trading

I am saying and its only my personal thoughts, that 24.50 is the bottom for the foreseeable future. Buying anywhere near that figure looks low risk to me. I cant sell it all the way down to there even though i am convinced it will get there because I wont hold an overnight position so on the way down to 25 I may well sell and buy it 100 times.

market movements are always continual and never continuous

saying all that my money is on oil closing at 31.30 and Dow at 16275

Have a good weekend all
Old Feb 22nd 2016, 4:15 pm
Hit 16's

for me thats a real scary way of trading

I am saying and its only my personal thoughts, that 24.50 is the bottom for the foreseeable future. Buying anywhere near that figure looks low risk to me. I cant sell it all the way down to there even though i am convinced it will get there because I wont hold an overnight position so on the way down to 25 I may well sell and buy it 100 times.

market movements are always continual and never continuous

saying all that my money is on oil closing at 31.30 and Dow at 16275

Have a good weekend all
How did it pan out?

I don't understand what happened today with the FTSE rising and the £ falling, but nevertheless I still "made" £850 quid on mainly micro movements of oil and GBP/USD. 17 trades mostly of 30 secs - 5 mins, although £750 of the total was allowing GBP to rise when it looked like it had fallen to far. ("Looked like...": I need some mathematical help...)

Last edited by Bahtatboy; Feb 22nd 2016 at 4:21 pm.
Old Feb 22nd 2016, 4:19 pm
Hit 16's

Beginning to understand that.

17 trades today, 10 short 7 buy. 9/10 success on shorts, 4/7 success on buy. Probably not sustainable...
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

How did it pan out?

I don't understand what happened today with the FTSE rising and the £ falling, but nevertheless I still "made" £850 quid on mainly micro movements of oil and GBP/USD. 17 trades mostly of 30 secs - 5 mins, although £750 of the total was allowing GBP to rise when it looked like it had fallen to far. ("Looked like...": I need some mathematical help...)
I think the pound has a lot further to fall, at least until the uncertainty about the "brexit" has been resolved.

I think it can go down to 1.35 which is great if you are sending money back from here, taking us to under 5 AED to the pound, we haven't seen that since 2008/2009

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.