Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Interesting rental concept

Wikiposts

Interesting rental concept

Old Mar 15th 2009, 3:06 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Interesting rental concept

http://www.james.ae/newsdetails.php?nid=384

they pay the landlord with two cheques and you pay them back with 12
Old Mar 15th 2009, 4:12 am
BE Enthusiast

bimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud of
Default Re: Interesting rental concept

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
http://www.james.ae/newsdetails.php?nid=384

they pay the landlord with two cheques and you pay them back with 12
Not a bad idea, they attract both landlords and tenants that way...Expanding out of the recession in a way.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 4:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bimcnorth
Not a bad idea, they attract both landlords and tenants that way...Expanding out of the recession in a way.
did read this somewhere before.... on a billboard in dxb i believe... surely then this middleman has to have a good deal of finance.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 4:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
did read this somewhere before.... on a billboard in dxb i believe... surely then this middleman has to have a good deal of finance.
Still risky for him...And risky for the tennant...Maybe he's not paying anyone...
Old Mar 15th 2009, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say its extremely risky, bearing in mind the amount of people leaving.

If they are still in business in a years time I will be surprised.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 6:06 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by admon
I'd say its extremely risky, bearing in mind the amount of people leaving.

If they are still in business in a years time I will be surprised.
lol!

In reverse:

My landlord was telling us what happened to his brother... basically, "a company" came along and rented out his villa and then sub-let it to tenants (billed as being the managing director of the company) at less than the market rate. Rent paid in 2 cheques to the landlord, paid in 1 cheque by the tenant.

They did this with about 20 villas and then didn't honour any of the landlords' second cheques, pocketting a huuuuge amount of money.

When the landlords complained to the rent committee it was ruled that the tenants could stay, seeing as they'd paid up. Poor landlords.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
lol!

In reverse:

My landlord was telling us what happened to his brother... basically, "a company" came along and rented out his villa and then sub-let it to tenants (billed as being the managing director of the company) at less than the market rate. Rent paid in 2 cheques to the landlord, paid in 1 cheque by the tenant.

They did this with about 20 villas and then didn't honour any of the landlords' second cheques, pocketting a huuuuge amount of money.

When the landlords complained to the rent committee it was ruled that the tenants could stay, seeing as they'd paid up. Poor landlords.
mmmm..

but in this scenario, if the 2nd cheque bounced from 'the company' after 6 months, 'the company' wouldn't really have much benefit, seeing as the tenants are paying monthly..
Old Mar 15th 2009, 6:14 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

mmmm..

but in this scenario, if the 2nd cheque bounced from 'the company' after 6 months, 'the company' wouldn't really have much benefit, seeing as the tenants are paying monthly..
hence why I said "in reverse"...

I just thought I'd share another "interesting rental concept" with you.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
hence why I said "in reverse"...

I just thought I'd share another "interesting rental concept" with you.
sure, sorry, I thought that you were implying that the company could be building a payment scam.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 6:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

sure, sorry, I thought that you were implying that the company could be building a payment scam.
What if the landlord ran away with the house???
Old Mar 15th 2009, 6:55 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
What if the landlord ran away with the house???

Hahahhaahhaahahaa- Musicman, what do you put in your tea????
Hilarious!
Old Mar 15th 2009, 7:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Eva
Hahahhaahhaahahaa- Musicman, what do you put in your tea????
Hilarious!
Hmmm...Easy tiger...
Old Mar 15th 2009, 7:13 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
Hmmm...Easy tiger...

Tiger's a bloke engineer guy