Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

So what would you protest about then?

So what would you protest about then?

Old Mar 11th 2009, 5:45 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Default So what would you protest about then?

I've never joined in a protest as frankly I can't really be arsed plus there's nothing that I feel that strongly about but I was wondering, in light of recent events, what it would take for you to protest?

Unfair redundancy
Your kids school being shut etc etc

If someone said that I had to protest and I didn't want to because I wouldn't protest about anything, then I'd protest about that I suppose.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 6:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So what would you protest about then?

Originally Posted by BangleMan
I've never joined in a protest as frankly I can't really be arsed plus there's nothing that I feel that strongly about but I was wondering, in light of recent events, what it would take for you to protest?

Unfair redundancy

If someone said that I had to protest and I didn't want to because I wouldn't protest about anything, then I'd protest about that I suppose.
30-point deductions..............
Old Mar 11th 2009, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

I did one at Uni. We were all pissed off with the lefties protesting all the time and blocking the main road through sit downs, so there was a bit of a backlash. First off we changed the Student Union building name from the Winnie Mandela Building to the Bruce Forsyth Building at the AGM by a substantial majority. You should have seen the feminazis.

We then staged a big protest across campus complaining about protests. Some of the banners and chants were hilarious.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 6:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benzonar
I did one at Uni. We were all pissed off with the lefties protesting all the time and blocking the main road through sit downs, so there was a bit of a backlash. First off we changed the Student Union building name from the Winnie Mandela Building to the Bruce Forsyth Building at the AGM by a substantial majority. You should have seen the feminazis.

We then staged a big protest across campus complaining about protests. Some of the banners and chants were hilarious.
Back in my day, the protests were usually attempts to outwit the other protesters for clever word-puns on banners............

Labour minister Joan Lestor had resigned from the government in protest over education spending cuts so of course some smart arse had a banner which read:

"Joan Lestor is no lone jester".

Tossers.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 5:10 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Unfair redundancy

Protesting here is illegal but if I could I would organise a rally about basic human rights for the labourers.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 7:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

we threatened to beat the crap out of our lefties if they didnt stop occupying the Admin Block. The plod were going to evict them and their costs would have come out of the Student Union budget. That would have meant our sports teams got less money.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Bambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to behold

we changed the Student Union building name from the Winnie Mandela Building to the Bruce Forsyth Building at the AGM by a substantial majority. You should have seen the feminazis.
That is so funny . Which uni did you go to, if you don't mind me asking?
Old Mar 12th 2009, 9:32 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: So what would you protest about then?

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Protesting here is illegal but if I could I would organise a rally about basic human rights for the labourers.
A worthy cause .

I don't protest, if you want to get something done you just have to apply a little carrot and stick to the right people to motivate them.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 10:52 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

If I could protest legally here it would be about the following:
  • De-criminalise consensual sex outside of marriage.
  • Stricter enforcement of traffic laws by the police - especially lane changing and speeding.
  • Ban of all construction between 7pm and 8am in any residential area.
  • More buildings with underground parking (especially in Abu Dhabi!)
  • Internet Censorship - get rid of it.
  • Stricter enforcement of ratings in cinemas (sorry but hearing kids crying in the cinema while watching The Hills Have Eyes is not good on any level!)

Oh and I'd protest for the legalisation of Cannabis and Strip Clubs...obviously!

N.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute

Unfair redundancy

I'd protest
To stop employers from keeping employees passports and to actually enforce it
Against children sitting on the lap of front seat car passengers or travelling unrestrained in any vehicle
Spitting
Old Mar 12th 2009, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
  • Stricter enforcement of traffic laws by the police - especially lane changing and speeding.
  • Stricter enforcement of ratings in cinemas (sorry but hearing kids crying in the cinema while watching The Hills Have Eyes is not good on any level!)

Oh and I'd protest for the legalisation of Cannabis and Strip Clubs...obviously!

N.
Lol Golden Class Norm, its the only way to go
Old Mar 12th 2009, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

DaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk

N.
Good points Norm! But I think you forgot to mention the noise pollution caused by mosques and refusal of taxis to take on passengers during prayer time...
Old Mar 12th 2009, 12:34 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Unfair redundancy

Protests are a bit shit really, I'm more into direct action.

I used to do loads of stuff when I was a younger lad, I was a hunt saboteur for years and helped to stop the toffs ripping foxes to shreds, that could be hairy sometimes when the local country plod are happy for you to get a kicking, the twats on horse coming at you trying to whip you in the face or their minions trying to knock you over on their quads.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 2:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

No doubt I'll be roped into a few anti-Japanese whaling protests by my semi-vego 10 year old daughter in a couple of years.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 2:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
No doubt I'll be roped into a few anti-Japanese whaling protests by my semi-vego 10 year old daughter in a couple of years.
start feeding her top quality steaks to get her out of that habit!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.