Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

India - Shambles or Paradise

India - Shambles or Paradise

Old Aug 28th 2014, 12:06 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scaremongering?

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Plus, its Thursday, I've still got 2 1/2 days to go till my weekend, I'm off the booze and have given up the fags, and am still having to put up with idiots keeping their kids up till 1 am.
Yeah but apart from that the glass is half full right? Oohh uummm, wait.............
Old Aug 28th 2014, 12:20 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scaremongering?

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Not necessarily (and I certainly don't fall into that camp). When it crosses the line from a sense of satisfaction with one own's endeavours to a belief that one has done better than someone else and is therefore in some sense superior, then its wrong (I avoid the word sin because of its religious conotations).

It just jars with me when people in positions of influence (I'm looking at you, teachers) have no qualms about announcing their pride while also extolling Christian virtues on the other.

Plus, its Thursday, I've still got 2 1/2 days to go till my weekend, I'm off the booze and have given up the fags, and am still having to put up with idiots keeping their kids up till 1 am.
You're in a good mood then!
Old Aug 28th 2014, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all
Default Re: India - Shambles or Paradise

Can I ask the Mod. here why on earth did you create this thread under my name? I didn't start this thread! This amount to identify theft to me.

I have a reputation to maintain, you know!!
Old Aug 28th 2014, 12:37 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redShark
Can I ask the Mod. here why on earth did you create this thread under my name? I didn't start this thread! This amount to identify theft to me.
What is the quote in the first post of this thread? Let me help you:
India is also a democracy, in fact it is called the greatest democracy in the world because of the size of its population. For your information India too can claim most of those points you’ve listed. So why India is not the same as the west? what is the missing link? You would need a great effort to convince me that had the West not been filthy rich, its current situation would’ve been the same as present India, not culture wise but system wise.
This is why, it as known as the logical starting point. Not your logic I know.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 12:51 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

You are a funny funny man you know that
Old Aug 28th 2014, 4:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

So which is more messed up ? India or Pakistan ?
Old Aug 28th 2014, 4:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
So which is more messed up ? India or Pakistan ?
There is really no comparison between the two countries.

Pakistan

No stable government. Training centre for terrorists. Politicians liable to get shot.

No religious freedom, the very worst of Muslim extremist punishments for non- Muslims. No gays allowed!!!

Education poor, apart from the wealthy. Less than 5% girls educated.
Remember little Malala Yousafzai shot in the head for campaigning for girls education-- read her UN speech, and cry!!!

I could go on---and on--

India
A successful democracy with all the above freedoms.

Literacy between 60-90% for women according to the state.

Yes it has a long way to go to eliminate poverty and other problems.

People can say what they like about government, religion or anything much without fear --and they do, interminably if you watch the TV channels!!
Old Aug 28th 2014, 8:18 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bipat
Literacy Rate in India - To know development in a society, Literacy is another proper indicator of economic development. For purpose of census, a person in age limit of seven and above, who can both write and read with understanding in any of the language is considered as a literate in India.

As per Population Census of India 2011, the Literacy rate of India has shown as improvement of almost 9 percent. It has gone up to 74.04% in 2011 from 65.38% in 2001, thus showing an increase of 9 percent in the last 10 years. It consists of male literacy rate 82.14% and female literacy rate is 65.46%. Kerala with 93.9% literacy rate is the top state in India. Lakshadweep and Mizoram are at second and third position with 92.3% and 91.06% literacy rate respectively. Bihar with 63.08% literacy rate is the last in terms of literacy rate in India.

Please do not be selective in quoting your figures.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 8:22 pm
Account Closed

Pakistan

India
One country, actually three if you include Bandgadesh. All 'artificially' created when Ghandi asked it of the Raj prior to Britain pulling out.

Last edited by mikewot; Aug 28th 2014 at 8:32 pm.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 9:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
Literacy Rate in India - To know development in a society, Literacy is another proper indicator of economic development. For purpose of census, a person in age limit of seven and above, who can both write and read with understanding in any of the language is considered as a literate in India.

As per Population Census of India 2011, the Literacy rate of India has shown as improvement of almost 9 percent. It has gone up to 74.04% in 2011 from 65.38% in 2001, thus showing an increase of 9 percent in the last 10 years. It consists of male literacy rate 82.14% and female literacy rate is 65.46%. Kerala with 93.9% literacy rate is the top state in India. Lakshadweep and Mizoram are at second and third position with 92.3% and 91.06% literacy rate respectively. Bihar with 63.08% literacy rate is the last in terms of literacy rate in India.

Please do not be selective in quoting your figures.
Why did you pick out the 2011 figures then instead of 2014 figures?? The figures are there for all to see.

My figures 60 -90 % according to the state to give a rough idea of the difference with Pakistani girls.
Did you want all 28 states mentioned?
Old Aug 28th 2014, 9:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mikewot
One country, actually three if you include Bandgadesh. All 'artificially' created when Ghandi asked it of the Raj prior to Britain pulling out.
I was answering the poster's question about difference between the two countries.

Bangladesh became independent in 1971 after the civil war between East and West Pakistan. It was not created as such by the British at partition.
Nehru was in charge of the independence movement not Gandhi. In fact Gandhi favoured Jinna.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 9:27 pm

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Pakistan

No stable government. Training centre for terrorists. Politicians liable to get shot.

No religious freedom, the very worst of Muslim extremist punishments for non- Muslims. No gays allowed!!!

Education poor, apart from the wealthy. Less than 5% girls educated.
Remember little Malala Yousafzai shot in the head for campaigning for girls education-- read her UN speech, and cry!!!

I could go on---and on--

India
A successful democracy with all the above freedoms.

Yes it has a long way to go to eliminate poverty and other problems.

People can say what they like about government, religion or anything much without fear --and they do, interminably if you watch the TV channels!!
So you have been to Pakistan then yeah?
Old Aug 29th 2014, 9:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
So you have been to Pakistan then yeah?
No I haven't, possessing a PIO card in the passport unlikely to get a visa!!!

Is there anything in my answer that is not well known?

Have you watched the speech by given by Malala at the UN?

The Prime Minister of Pakistan is at the moment being investigated for fraud. It is thought the military may be disapproving of his 'friendly' approach to the new Indian Prime Minister (by attending the latter's swearing in).

Osama hidden there, Taliban act from there, is any of this in dispute?

PS- have been to the border though the ceremony is a great show, after the last bus has passes throug the gate into Pakistan. The Pakistani soldiers being younger get their legs higher!!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=am...w=1366&bih=612

Last edited by Bipat; Aug 29th 2014 at 10:13 pm. Reason: Addition
Old Aug 30th 2014, 6:33 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Old Aug 30th 2014, 7:00 am

No I haven't, possessing a PIO card in the passport unlikely to get a visa!!!

Is there anything in my answer that is not well known?

Have you watched the speech by given by Malala at the UN?

The Prime Minister of Pakistan is at the moment being investigated for fraud. It is thought the military may be disapproving of his 'friendly' approach to the new Indian Prime Minister (by attending the latter's swearing in).

Osama hidden there, Taliban act from there, is any of this in dispute?

PS- have been to the border though the ceremony is a great show, after the last bus has passes throug the gate into Pakistan. The Pakistani soldiers being younger get their legs higher!!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=am...w=1366&bih=612
no no, I totally understand where you were coming from for calling people out for quoting 'well-known' facts but not having been to your country

http://s898.photobucket.com/user/sli...c427e.gif.html

HA! too early in the day for this shnizzle mate!
he is right on quite a lot of counts though but me feels we have another sharky look alike amongst us

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.