Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Incompetent, ignorant and underhand CSA....

Incompetent, ignorant and underhand CSA....

Old Feb 14th 2010, 12:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Incompetent, ignorant and underhand CSA....

Sorry to post a rant, but I am fumingly cross and the Bored just happens to be here.....

In yesterday's post my payslip arrived, and I was aghast to see that a third of my salary had been transferred to the CSA...

This is utterly bewildering because:

a) I have had a voluntary agreement with the ex for the last 8 years at the appropriate level determined by CSA rules - not only that, but I also pay the girls mobile phone bills, for school trips and holidays, going to gigs, after school activities, shopping trips etc etc etc

b) I called the ex today, and she says that she hadn't heard a thing from the CSA and certainly had not received the money

c) I have had no correspondence from them, nor had my HR department mentioned a thing to me about direct deductions from my salary. Not to mention the humiliation of being classed a deadbeat dad by my employers.

What on earth are they up to? I sense some mindless discussions on my horizon with jobsworth beaurocrats a few GCSE's short of an education tomorrow.....

Sorry for the rant....

A very cross

SYB
Old Feb 14th 2010, 12:41 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Incompetent, ignorant and underhand CSA....

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Sorry to post a rant, but I am fumingly cross and the Bored just happens to be here.....

In yesterday's post my payslip arrived, and I was aghast to see that a third of my salary had been transferred to the CSA...

This is utterly bewildering because:

a) I have had a voluntary agreement with the ex for the last 8 years at the appropriate level determined by CSA rules - not only that, but I also pay the girls mobile phone bills, for school trips and holidays, going to gigs, after school activities, shopping trips etc etc etc

b) I called the ex today, and she says that she hadn't heard a thing from the CSA and certainly had not received the money

c) I have had no correspondence from them, nor had my HR department mentioned a thing to me about direct deductions from my salary. Not to mention the humiliation of being classed a deadbeat dad by my employers.

What on earth are they up to? I sense some mindless discussions on my horizon with jobsworth beaurocrats a few GCSE's short of an education tomorrow.....

Sorry for the rant....

A very cross

SYB
the CSA is still going? thought it had closed down. Regardless that is not nice I have to say, I would be onto the first thing tomorrow to find out WTF is going on
Old Feb 14th 2010, 12:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

err...and how the hell can your hr dept just transfer money because someone told them to, that stinks...

MM, xx
Old Feb 14th 2010, 12:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
err...and how the hell can your hr dept just transfer money because someone told them to, that stinks...

MM, xx
The weird thing is, I went for a drink with our head of HR last week - we get on pretty well. It's bewildering that she didn't say a word....maybe too embarrassed, I really don't know. Guess I'll have to call her too, to explain things.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 1:04 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

MM, xx
that's because they have to by law
Old Feb 14th 2010, 1:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
that's because they have to by law
what, without telling the person who they are taking the money from...just beggars belief that it is legal...

MM, xx
Old Feb 14th 2010, 1:10 pm
Concierge

what, without telling the person who they are taking the money from...just beggars belief that it is legal...

MM, xx
it is legal, it is the Government and your employer HAS to do it. Disgrace.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 1:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MM, xx
Yeah, that's really weird. When we first split up (nine years ago now, man how time does fly) and things were acrimonious and not speaking, we used the CSA but they wrote to me and I sent them payslips and stuff, agreed the payment levels and I set up a direct debit - they certainly didn't go straight to my employer and deduct at source.

I can only guess that my name is still on some database and they are under the impression that they've miraculously tracked me down....
Old Feb 14th 2010, 5:10 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, that's really weird. When we first split up (nine years ago now, man how time does fly) and things were acrimonious and not speaking, we used the CSA but they wrote to me and I sent them payslips and stuff, agreed the payment levels and I set up a direct debit - they certainly didn't go straight to my employer and deduct at source.

I can only guess that my name is still on some database and they are under the impression that they've miraculously tracked me down....
i am not going to go into but my friend committed suicide because of them, they seem or certainly seemed to take the money at will and only the government got it not your ex and not the kids. Good luck with your plight
Old Feb 15th 2010, 3:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

that will only leave you with about GBP10k for the month. how will you cope SYB?

CSA needs tearing up and quickly
Old Feb 15th 2010, 3:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
it is legal, it is the Government and your employer HAS to do it. Disgrace.
Sorry, BC, but I do not think that is the case.

As I understand it, the CSA asks how you intend to pay. SYB has a Direct Debit arrangement, and has (presumably) not fallen behind in arrears.

Questions:

Has the CSA told SYB's bank that the money is now going to be deducted at source, so they can discontinue the DD?
Why has ex-Mrs SYB not got the money (that's the thing that should bother him and her)?

Also of course - the firm not telling its employee? Bizarre - and blame the firm not the CSA for that one.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 3:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

The weird thing is, I went for a drink with our head of HR last week - we get on pretty well. It's bewildering that she didn't say a word....maybe too embarrassed, I really don't know. Guess I'll have to call her too, to explain things.
No - she should explain to you.............. surely?
Old Feb 15th 2010, 4:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute

oh SYB - sooo sorry to read this. Quite astonishing that your HR dept didn't tell you. Whilst HR departments seem to becoming more a compliant driven function, they still have a moral obligation to tell you as a staff member. They are supposed to be looking after you after all. Presumably you are going to request why they didn't? I would. If it is complay policy, it stinks. If it is lame individuals, they need to apologise at least for not telling you. I would push for an advance of the money they have errounously taken - and let them be out of pocket until it is sorted with the CSA... The DEan's advice is good - to prove you have been paying voluntarily via DD then they should pass on this proof to the CSA. I agree they need to be disbanded. Awful agency that has caused more problems than it has solved.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 5:46 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by The Dean
Sorry, BC, but I do not think that is the case.

As I understand it, the CSA asks how you intend to pay. SYB has a Direct Debit arrangement, and has (presumably) not fallen behind in arrears.

Questions:

Has the CSA told SYB's bank that the money is now going to be deducted at source, so they can discontinue the DD?
Why has ex-Mrs SYB not got the money (that's the thing that should bother him and her)?

Also of course - the firm not telling its employee? Bizarre - and blame the firm not the CSA for that one.
if your employer gets a request from the CSA they have to do it, it is called a compulsory payment order or something like that.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

SYB,

Sorry I dont know you that well but, if you are seconded out here in the Middle East the CSA cannot touch you, they have no jurisdiction for fathers overseas, it would also be strange that your ex has not files this with them as they would need all her details ect and yours.

If you can prove by either bank statements or money transfers that you have been providing for your children they have to take this into consideration.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.