I'm here

Old Sep 14th 2009, 5:51 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all
Default Re: I'm here

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Ok possibly should have been more specific- I'm in Dubai, fresh off the plane.
welcome .... finally !
Old Sep 15th 2009, 12:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

yep here and trying to get my barings, so far been fine apart from still waiting for one suitcase to turn up- ended up being 32 kgs over weight on teh luggage front so had to send a case via excess baggage company- hopefully itll turn up soon! please don't tell me any horror stories about this firm! so currently looking like a bit of a fashion disaster as clothes were packed across two cases but noone seems to have called the fashion police yet!

Works good- was thinking it was an absolute jammy job as have hardly done anything so far, but got my work load today so looking far less jammy dodger like, but all is good, its work I enjoy so really cant complain! Not eating at work is far easier than i thought, the not smoking is killing me though- when can I turn back into fag ash lil?

Finding it frustrating how many websites are banned over here, and having problems accessing my webmail account- don't know if its just crappy hotel and work internet or whether this is going to be a permanent issue and my god the internet is slow!

Now starting the hunt for somewhere to live- my residents visa is in the process of being done so hopefully wont take too long, haven't been brave enough to hire a car yet so waiting til i know the roads a little better so am a chauffered lady cough cough!

Whats else- not much- no problems so far- touch wood, teh company I'm working for are being great and have a great hr department who are basically holding my hand through everything so I don't f**k it up!

Just need to get out and meet some people and have a proper nose around.

Hope your all well?

Cat
xxx
Old Sep 15th 2009, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

954RR has a spectacular aura about954RR has a spectacular aura about954RR has a spectacular aura about

Well welcome to the UAE and I hope you enjoy it. The weather appears to be cooling down a little now so you will have to wait until next year for it to be really hot.

Don't worry about the fashion police they appear to be on a break. If you go down to the mall you will notice that lots of people look like they got dressed in the dark (or is that just me I am talking about )