British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   I'm having one of those days (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/im-having-one-those-days-668789/)

kittycat1 May 18th 2010 5:42 pm

I'm having one of those days

You know when you just think 'What the hell am I doing here?'.

:banghead::drinkwine::drinkwine::banghead:

Ozone Park May 18th 2010 5:46 pm

Re: I'm having one of those days

You probably have a chemical imbalance in your brain. Take a multi vitamin.

Grace O Malley May 18th 2010 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 8573969)

oh don't worry, I have them at least once a week.

Hello.Kitty May 18th 2010 7:05 pm

can you book yourself a Sanity Break soon?

I think I have a Hate Dubai Day every couple of weeks now, and that's after being here for 18 months (on and off!). I think it's healthy, tbh... it means you've still got your feet on the ground.

Hang in there!

shikra May 18th 2010 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 8573969)

If you are in your mid or late 20s, it is normal, don't worry. The good thing is, this feeling won't last longer :)

hnd May 18th 2010 9:33 pm

Check out the GCC residents only rates at some of the hotels for the summer - there are some really good rates available. They've certainly made us smile:thumbup:

shakh your bootie May 18th 2010 10:00 pm

what you need is a good shag.

kittycat1 May 19th 2010 4:55 am

Ozone Park- very helpful- thanks very much...twat....

Hello Kitty- good to hear this feeling doesn't go away! :blink::(

thanks all- I got back from the UK 3 weeks ago so have just come back from holiday- I think thats when I feel lowest as miss London soo much, and generally just get pissed off to be here.

I keep telling myself think of the money, I need to stay here til next April at the earliest for it to be tax free and I do want to save a house deposit whilst here to make it worth being here so I guess its get your head down and just get on with it, don't let the every day sh*t get you down etc. >>slapping myself around the face and trying to pull myself together<<

Shikra- I'm in my early 30's not sure why age actually makes any difference though? If you don't like it here you don't like it- doesn't matter about your age?

Mr Booty- you are very probably right- it is a dry country after all! :thumbdown:

Poitin May 19th 2010 4:58 am

yes drink to get throught it;)

someone told me i'd be drinking a hell of a lot before I left here and speaking pigeon english and how right they were. I don't think of them as bad days - just interesting days;)

meet a mate and have a laugh - you'll be alright.

shikra May 19th 2010 7:08 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 8575114)
Shikra- I'm in my early 30's not sure why age actually makes any difference though? If you don't like it here you don't like it- doesn't matter about your age?

Naaah, the age matters :fingerscrossed:

You are in early 30s, I said you might be in your late 20s, meaning my guess was right ;)

Grace O Malley May 19th 2010 7:32 am

Originally Posted by shikra (Post 8575299)
Naaah, the age matters :fingerscrossed:

You are in early 30s, I said you might be in your late 20s, meaning my guess was right ;)

How does the age matter, am interested to know

Hello.Kitty May 19th 2010 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley (Post 8575336)

Kittycat, we must be the same age!

Being fair, HDDs get less marked as time goes on - I think you develop a nonchalant shrug and just dismiss whatever's happened as another facet to the wonderful world of Dubai. I also vent by recounting the hilarity on my Facebook status. One of these days, I think I should retrieve them all and compile a book!

It's more tragic comedy than anger.

shikra May 19th 2010 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley (Post 8575336)

Grace, let me ask you, do you think the age has no affect on your emotions? :cool:

shikra May 19th 2010 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty (Post 8575353)
Kittycat, we must be the same age!

Being fair, HDDs get less marked as time goes on - I think you develop a nonchalant shrug and just dismiss whatever's happened as another facet to the wonderful world of Dubai. I also vent by recounting the hilarity on my Facebook status. One of these days, I think I should retrieve them all and compile a book!

It's more tragic comedy than anger.

When you compile the book, do remember to CC me while sending to others ;)

Grace O Malley May 19th 2010 8:17 am

Originally Posted by shikra (Post 8575363)
Grace, let me ask you, do you think the age has no affect on your emotions? :cool:

No I don't, our emotions/feelings are a part of our own individual personality, i do believe the way you react to your emotions/feelings does change, its called maturity.

You either like the middle east or you don't has nothing to do with age.