Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

I'm having my cake, and eating it too...

I'm having my cake, and eating it too...

Old Jun 24th 2009, 8:26 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm having my cake, and eating it too...

Originally Posted by Confucius
Excellent response, commander...I wonder what took more time with you; thinking of an answer, or typing it...

I get turned on by women, you get turned on by bicycles and Lance Armstrong; but you don't see me shitting all over your friday biking thread, do you? No...

So as I said nicely yesterday; **ck off my thread if you're not interested...I don't expect anyone to reply or find any of my threads interesting or boring, unlike you and your self-important stuff...

We'll resume our tennis later tonight; I have my daily quota of mops to sell, I wasn't fortunate like you to be paid for posting on BE and EW and GQ (Geek quarterly)...

Oh and a wee afterthought: You shouldn't be ending your responses by signing off as "boring ****"...It's not good to boast...
and you call my threads self important...jeez you are a sad fool..
Old Jun 24th 2009, 8:52 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

But what's the point in having cake if you are unable to eat it...a very silly phrase in my view.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 8:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
But what's the point in having cake if you are unable to eat it...a very silly phrase in my view.
yeah, agree...a better one to mean the same thing is that you want the penny and the bun...

MM, xx
Old Jun 24th 2009, 2:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by banter64
Popcorn anyone ?

Conf - please try and be nice as today is my last day on the board for a while xx
I don't fire unless I am fired at...And I don't do nice...
Old Jun 24th 2009, 2:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
and you call my threads self important...jeez you are a sad fool..
"I don't expect anyone to reply or find any of my threads interesting or boring, unlike you and your self-important stuff..."

This classifies as self-important, yeah???

Come up with more contentious and thought provoking responses, Portia...
Old Jun 24th 2009, 2:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lionheart
True, absolutely...But MM gave a better phrase for the same effect...
Old Jun 24th 2009, 3:31 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

True, absolutely...But MM gave a better phrase for the same effect...
It is a daft English proverb from the 16th century, which was actually reversed in 1812...i.e., if you eat your cake, you can't have it (because you have eaten it !). Originally you had to have a cake before you could eat it (i.e., chronological order).

A better saying is 'you can't have the best of both worlds'...methinks...
Old Jun 24th 2009, 3:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MacScot
It is a daft English proverb from the 16th century, which was actually reversed in 1812...i.e., if you eat your cake, you can't have it (because you have eaten it !). Originally you had to have a cake before you could eat it (i.e., chronological order).

A better saying is 'you can't have the best of both worlds'...methinks...
That can also be said...But the most popular is the one with the cake...
Old Jun 24th 2009, 3:36 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

That can also be said...But the most popular is the one with the cake...
Well OK...but your OP was for us to make of it what we want, and I'm sure it wasn't for us to be pedantic about the proverb...are we to wittily guess what you have been up to ?
Old Jun 24th 2009, 3:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well OK...but your OP was for us to make of it what we want, and I'm sure it wasn't for us to be pedantic about the proverb...are we to wittily guess what you have been up to ?
Ok...How can I subtly say that I'm having an affair then???
Old Jun 24th 2009, 3:50 pm
A bubbly-jock...

Ok...How can I subtly say that I'm having an affair then???
Doh ! Having your cake and eating it too ?

PS We've gone full circle..
Old Jun 24th 2009, 3:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Doh ! Having your cake and eating it too ?

PS We've gone full circle..
But in this case, it's having a cake and eating another cake...
Old Jun 24th 2009, 3:53 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

But in this case, it's having a cake and eating another cake...
greedy...
Old Jun 24th 2009, 3:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MataHari
greedy...
So many cakes, so little time...
Old Jun 24th 2009, 3:56 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

So many cakes, so little time...
it's a way of life...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.