British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   I'm getting really old... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/im-getting-really-old-553859/)

Dutchie Aug 7th 2008 5:34 pm

I'm getting really old...

MissDemeanor Aug 8th 2008 7:04 am

Re: I'm getting really old...

Originally Posted by Dutchie (Post 6655947)

Im sure it just happens one night when you are sleeping.All of a sudden you wake up one day and....

You listen to the music on the radio and decide that it is complete shit compared to the stuff when you were younger.

You are scared to go on a roller coaster.

You remind the "kids" about the days when we didnt have the internet or mobile phones.

You see all the special effects in films and think its amazing how they can do it now.

You dont like flying anymore.

Cleopatra Aug 8th 2008 7:08 am

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor (Post 6657896)
Im sure it just happens one night when you are sleeping.All of a sudden you wake up one day and....

You listen to the music on the radio and decide that it is complete shit compared to the stuff when you were younger.

You remind the "kids" about the days when we didnt have the internet or mobile phones.

You see all the special effects in films and think its amazing how they can do it now.

Bloody hell, I'm like that now and I'm not even 30.

MissDemeanor Aug 8th 2008 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Cleopatra (Post 6657906)

Oh well....its all downhill from there!!

Dutchie Aug 8th 2008 7:30 am

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor (Post 6657896)

Good morning MD,

Well I was enjoying the first day of a long overdue holiday yesterday. Got stoned (used to the cannabis of my age group) and after the third joint? I could vaguely remember my 22 year old daughter bending over me smiling "I think I'll borrow both sets of car keys Daddy..." Add to that a few to many glasses of whiskey and yes, woke up thinking that Big Ben was standing next to my bed. Bong... Bong!! Bong!!!! This old hippie is really getting old. :o

Dutchie Aug 8th 2008 7:37 am

Originally Posted by Cleopatra (Post 6657906)

Pffff.... Feel old at 30!?!? You're seriously joking right?

MissDemeanor Aug 8th 2008 7:45 am

Originally Posted by Dutchie (Post 6657954)
Good morning MD,

Well I was enjoying the first day of a long overdue holiday yesterday. Got stoned (used to the cannabis of my age group) and after the third joint? I could vaguely remember my 22 year old daughter bending over me smiling "I think I'll borrow both sets of car keys Daddy..." Add to that a few to many glasses of whiskey and yes, woke up thinking that Big Ben was standing next to my bed. Bong... Bong!! Bong!!!! This old hippie is really getting old. :o

Do you do the embarrassing "Dad dancing" yet?..you now the one.Think back to when you were 14 and you would watch your parents dancing at a family wedding,and piss yourself laughing...then die because everyone knew you were related to them?!

Dutchie Aug 8th 2008 7:51 am

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor (Post 6657970)
Do you do the embarrassing "Dad dancing" yet?..you now the one.Think back to when you were 14 and you would watch your parents dancing at a family wedding,and piss yourself laughing...then die because everyone knew you were related to them?!

Yeah know the feeling... But to hear my own daughter asking "How does Valhalla look and feel Daddy...". That's fuel enough for some really good Dad verses daughter jokes. Thank god I have this place all to myself at the moment.

Reminds me, I have to book dancing lessons as Dad does have to do the first dance with his daughter on her wedding day. I'm more like an elephant if it comes down to dancing.

Madam Medusa Aug 8th 2008 7:52 am

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor (Post 6657970)

men have to stop dancing the minute their first child is born...it's the law...

MM, xx

Dutchie Aug 8th 2008 7:53 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6657979)

MM, xx

Make me happy girl, make it a universal law!!!! :)

Madam Medusa Aug 8th 2008 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Dutchie (Post 6657984)
Make me happy girl, make it a universal law!!!! :)

oh it is universal...apart from in brazil...

MM, xx

Dutchie Aug 8th 2008 7:55 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6657987)
oh it is universal...apart from in brazil...

MM, xx

Errr... As long as it's a damn slow dance I'll manage (somehow) :o

the bat Aug 8th 2008 7:57 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6657979)

MM, xx

too right, nothing worse than the john travolta dirty dance routine,
out of time, out of tune and that right arm alway's has to go up. WHY?

Dutchie Aug 8th 2008 7:58 am

Originally Posted by the bat (Post 6657998)
too right, nothing worse than the john travolta dirty dance routine,
out of time, out of tune and that right arm alway's has to go up. WHY?

Pffff.... There are guys that actually try.

the bat Aug 8th 2008 7:59 am

Originally Posted by Dutchie (Post 6658001)
Pffff.... There are guys that actually try.

I think you mean really trying PMSL