British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   If you are here on your own over Christmas? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/if-you-here-your-own-over-christmas-778825/)

Ditzy Nov 26th 2012 3:24 pm

If you are here on your own over Christmas?

..what do you do? Are there any organised brunches or anything for people here on their own? - was thinking maybe at Irish Village or something?

rowell Nov 26th 2012 3:41 pm

Re: If you are here on your own over Christmas?

Originally Posted by Ditzy (Post 10402061)
..what do you do? Are there any organised brunches or anything for people here on their own? - was thinking maybe at Irish Village or something?

Most of hotels do Xmas brunch, not sure what Irish Village do

Ditzy Nov 27th 2012 10:55 am

Thanks Rowell.

i know most of the hotels do brunches, but i was thinking more along the lines of somewhere that organises something for those people who find themselves here by themselves on Christmas day, with all their friends away. :thumbup:

mentalist Nov 27th 2012 11:41 am

Irish Village always organise an Xmas Dinner, but it primarily caters for families and groups of friends. If you are going to be alone then I'm sure you will receive a few offers from the reprobates on here.;)

Ditzy Nov 27th 2012 11:43 am

I should say at this point that it's not for me :rofl: but am asking on behalf of a male friend who has no idea this is being cooked up :p

Millhouse Nov 27th 2012 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by Ditzy (Post 10403451)
I should say at this point that it's not for me :rofl: but am asking on behalf of a male friend who has no idea this is being cooked up :p

I would organize him a couple of filipinos. They love Christmas and would be delighted to be filled with some spirit on Christmas Morning.

Miss Anne Thrope Nov 27th 2012 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10403477)
I would organize him a couple of filipinos. They love Christmas and would be delighted to be filled with some spirit on Christmas Morning.

Filipinos? OK, maybe I could go with that (well, once upon a time anyway)....but are you sure that filling them with Xmas spirit is what Ditzy's friend would appreciate?

Millhouse Nov 28th 2012 4:13 am

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope (Post 10403680)
Filipinos? OK, maybe I could go with that (well, once upon a time anyway)....but are you sure that filling them with Xmas spirit is what Ditzy's friend would appreciate?

You don't give to receive at Christmas, Anne.

mentalist Nov 28th 2012 4:17 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10403477)

I think that a couple of Filipinas would be better.

Miss Anne Thrope Nov 28th 2012 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10405004)
You don't give to receive at Christmas, Anne.

Speak for yourself