Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

If you are here on your own over Christmas?

If you are here on your own over Christmas?

Old Nov 26th 2012, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of
Default If you are here on your own over Christmas?

..what do you do? Are there any organised brunches or anything for people here on their own? - was thinking maybe at Irish Village or something?
Old Nov 26th 2012, 3:41 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you are here on your own over Christmas?

Originally Posted by Ditzy
..what do you do? Are there any organised brunches or anything for people here on their own? - was thinking maybe at Irish Village or something?
Most of hotels do Xmas brunch, not sure what Irish Village do
Old Nov 27th 2012, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of

Thanks Rowell.

i know most of the hotels do brunches, but i was thinking more along the lines of somewhere that organises something for those people who find themselves here by themselves on Christmas day, with all their friends away.
Old Nov 27th 2012, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Irish Village always organise an Xmas Dinner, but it primarily caters for families and groups of friends. If you are going to be alone then I'm sure you will receive a few offers from the reprobates on here.
Old Nov 27th 2012, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

I should say at this point that it's not for me but am asking on behalf of a male friend who has no idea this is being cooked up
Old Nov 27th 2012, 12:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ditzy
I should say at this point that it's not for me but am asking on behalf of a male friend who has no idea this is being cooked up
I would organize him a couple of filipinos. They love Christmas and would be delighted to be filled with some spirit on Christmas Morning.
Old Nov 27th 2012, 2:08 pm

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I would organize him a couple of filipinos. They love Christmas and would be delighted to be filled with some spirit on Christmas Morning.
Filipinos? OK, maybe I could go with that (well, once upon a time anyway)....but are you sure that filling them with Xmas spirit is what Ditzy's friend would appreciate?
Old Nov 28th 2012, 4:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
Filipinos? OK, maybe I could go with that (well, once upon a time anyway)....but are you sure that filling them with Xmas spirit is what Ditzy's friend would appreciate?
You don't give to receive at Christmas, Anne.
Old Nov 28th 2012, 4:17 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

I think that a couple of Filipinas would be better.
Old Nov 28th 2012, 6:22 pm

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

You don't give to receive at Christmas, Anne.
Speak for yourself