Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

If you had 12 hours to live, what would you do?

If you had 12 hours to live, what would you do?

Old Feb 18th 2009, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you had 12 hours to live, what would you do?

Originally Posted by MacScot
From a biologist's point of view:

Not sure if your talking about theological creation but you were actually 'created' by the successful fertilisation of an egg produced by your mother by a sperm produced by your father about a few minutes after copulation. You subsequently continued to grow and reach sexual maturity in young adulthood, when you can then repeat the reproductive process. You need to reproduce to be classified as biologically successful, though not all individuals need constribute to this process. By this process, in the long term, your species (humans) is maintained as a sustainable, self-reproducing population.

Having successfully bred and reared and nurtured your offspring you will further age (mature) and eventually die. The average longevity of our species is between 70 and 85 years, though if varies around the world.

When you die, you undergo autolysis (tissue and cell breakdown) and disintegrate, and eventually become totally mineralised (dust to dust and all that). From that time on (and for eternity, if you like) you no longer exist...you have had your life and had your time. The point of creation (successful parental copulation and fertilisation, and subsequent growth to adulthood) then was your coming into existence (beginning of your life), over which, you had absolutely no say.

Yes, life is too short...
Where does our energy go? Nothing disappears, it just changes into a different form - so if our bodies basically rot and turn into dust, then what happens to our energy, must go somewhere.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 1:02 pm

Cleopatra is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Squirty Cream
Where does our energy go? Nothing disappears, it just changes into a different form - so if our bodies basically rot and turn into dust, then what happens to our energy, must go somewhere.
British Gas - why do you think the charges are so high?
Old Feb 18th 2009, 1:05 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

I hardly have any energy while I am alive...no matter when I am dead
Old Feb 18th 2009, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

highways is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cleopatra
I'm one of them.
I already know that you are one of them
Old Feb 18th 2009, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cleopatra
British Gas - why do you think the charges are so high?

I think my energy will turn into a sunbeam! Or perhaps I'll just be a rogue spirit floating around disrupting things. I quite fancy the thought of being reincarnated....... wonder what I can come back as???
Old Feb 18th 2009, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

But where were our bodies before we are born?

I think my energy will turn into a sunbeam! Or perhaps I'll just be a rogue spirit floating around disrupting things. I quite fancy the thought of being reincarnated....... wonder what I can come back as???

I want to go back and haunt the kids.

Originally Posted by highways
Mum.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I don't get this, why does it have be at a certain time?
We are required to make 5 prayers every day at certain times. There is a range of time for each one.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 1:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

I believe in reincarnation.The buddhists have got it right!
Old Feb 18th 2009, 1:16 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Dissipates as heat after your body has died. You are no longer generating energy from breakdown of food (source of energy)...so it ceases.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 1:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Why did your mood change? Is it because you don't believe that you will go back to life after death? Or is it because you believe in this but you don't want to be reminded? I'm just asking

Any human being doesn't like mentioning death. However, it's a fact and will happen to everyone. We muslims belive that we need continuous reminders about death in order to be motivated to do well in this short life hoping for a good reward in the hereafter?

I'm only mentioning our belief and I understand that many people may not be convinced.
Do you also need 'continuous reminders' about strapping explosives to yourself and blowing up innocent people? Or does that come naturally? Or isn't that the sort of death you like to be reminded of?
Old Feb 18th 2009, 1:18 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

you were a random scattering of electrons wandering through the cosmos for a great deal of time until pure chance brought them together in one place which is exactly what will happen after death. There is an after life but not one for souls,heaven, gods or any other mumbo jumbo but take heart in the fact that your very atomic essence will one day help power a great star that may give life to another lifeform
Old Feb 18th 2009, 1:21 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Do you also need 'continuous reminders' about strapping explosives to yourself and blowing up innocent people? Or does that come naturally? Or isn't that the sort of death you like to be reminded of?
Tut tut. A bit naughty, that.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 1:22 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Your body (i.e, you) was developing in your mother's womb before you were born..as Cleopatra states.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.