Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

I require a towbar fitted, can anyone recommend a good retailer?

I require a towbar fitted, can anyone recommend a good retailer?

Old Oct 2nd 2010, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud of
Default I require a towbar fitted, can anyone recommend a good retailer?

As the title says really, my mate has a Hyundai Tucson and needs a towbar fitted so he can tow his boat. Prefer Dubai or RAK but will happily take any recommendations from other Emirates
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 4:28 pm
Expat Brat

K8-notlate has a spectacular aura aboutK8-notlate has a spectacular aura aboutK8-notlate has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: I require a towbar fitted, can anyone recommend a good retailer?

Originally Posted by Bigtaff
As the title says really, my mate has a Hyundai Tucson and needs a towbar fitted so he can tow his boat. Prefer Dubai or RAK but will happily take any recommendations from other Emirates
You'll have to reinforce the car - that will be like taking the ring pull out of a Coke can - sorry I can't help
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud of

No, not normally or at least nothing major. A brace is fitted to the inside of the rear panel normally and the towbar bolts through that normally OR if its OEM then it will connect to a subframe or strengthened part of the vehicle that is like that from the factory.

But thanks for your answer anyway I've since found out that Icon Auto 4x4 can help, in Al Quoz
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 4:34 pm
Expat Brat

K8-notlate has a spectacular aura aboutK8-notlate has a spectacular aura aboutK8-notlate has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Bigtaff
No, not normally or at least nothing major. A brace is fitted to the inside of the rear panel normally and the towbar bolts through that normally OR if its OEM then it will connect to a subframe or strengthened part of the vehicle that is like that from the factory.

But thanks for your answer anyway I've since found out that Icon Auto 4x4 can help, in Al Quoz
I was actually poking fun at the car....
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have to be honest, for a Korean car its pretty good! I would defo have one but would get the V6