Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

I really wish I was home right now! SNOWMANIA!

I really wish I was home right now! SNOWMANIA!

Old Feb 3rd 2009, 6:01 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I really wish I was home right now! SNOWMANIA!

Originally Posted by Bison
I had my first Volvo when I was 22, I love those particular models, they are real wolves in sheeps clothing.

Roar power from the 20v Turbo lump, that's why the coppers use them
this is the one yeah?

Old Feb 3rd 2009, 6:03 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

this is the one yeah?
Not quite, but that is a classic, again the turbo models can be tuned to serious power, the 240 model show in the pic is RWD as well, something that Volvo should have stuck to, but unfotunately they moved to FWD on the later T5 models, unless you have the V70 AWD then you get a lot of torque steer, but that's all part of the fun.

Bison
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor
Bison you are such a Gloucester boy racer stereotype its unbelievable...

Old Feb 3rd 2009, 6:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

Not quite, but that is a classic, again the turbo models can be tuned to serious power, the 240 model show in the pic is RWD as well, something that Volvo should have stuck to, but unfotunately they moved to FWD on the later T5 models, unless you have the V70 AWD then you get a lot of torque steer, but that's all part of the fun.

Bison
Volvo's are very safe too, so should you have an accident, not that it would be your fault, then you should be ok and re appear in fine health!!
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 6:10 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

Bison you are such a Gloucester boy racer stereotype its unbelievable...
I love cars, what can I say.... I have been 'cruising' since I was 17 round Gloucester and Cheltenham, I would hardly say Boy Racer, I mean how many boy racers have volvo's? I think there is a slight difference, the one's you refer to are generally driving pimped up Saxo's and Renault Clios with neon lights underneath, far to tacky for my liking. My Volvo is classy, sophisticated, has real road presence and roar power. You wouldn't know it was such a beast by looking at it, but if you heard it those in the know would understand it's not just an add on exhaust that makes lots of noise, it's the sound of real power.

I'm an enthusiast, nothing wrong with it, that's my passion. I have spent a ridiculous amount of money on that car, some people would question why, but I love it.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 6:27 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
just like to add that when my mum was travelling back from here in november she got delayed in amsterdam for the day and nite because aberdeen airport was CLOSED due to heavy snow.... so it just doesnt always happen in the south.

BB2, Aberdeen airport being closed due to snow is a common as an AD construction redundancy thread on here.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 2:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

r but it does happen, but of course, they have the machines up north.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 3:30 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
r but it does happen, but of course, they have the machines up north.

Are you a ship's bee Bbee???
Why do you keep saying 'r'?
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 5:56 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Yes BB2, only up in aberdeen do they have snow ploughs., (help)

Honestly.

What do they use for such like on your planet?
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 6:18 pm
same shit different day

Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute

I can't say I miss it - it is a novelty at first but that wears of quickly when your tube stops at St Johns Wood and you have to crawl all the way home to West Hampstead slipping and sliding everywhere
Old Feb 4th 2009, 4:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
Are you a ship's bee Bbee???
Why do you keep saying 'r'?
yes got my parrot at home, me hearties