British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   I only just realised how much I hate Facebook (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/i-only-just-realised-how-much-i-hate-facebook-599755/)

BangleMan Mar 25th 2009 5:43 am

I only just realised how much I hate Facebook

I originally joined to chat with friends or to hear from friends and family abroad etc, see some updated photo's etc

Now I have loads of people telling me that their kid has had it's first poo, or they ate a chocolate cake tonight which was yummy, they got pissed on Champagne, their boyfriend farted in the bath, they changed a nappy on the train today, they did 2 hours in the gym & ache or some bird telling me she is having a cup of tea with two sugars before watching Desperate Housewives!!

Who gives a monkeys chuff !

Bambi in Abu Dhabi Mar 25th 2009 5:47 am

Re: I only just realised how much I hate Facebook

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7416657)
I originally joined to chat with friends or to hear from friends and family abroad etc, see some updated photo's etc

Now I have loads of people telling me that their kid has had it's first poo, or they ate a chocolate cake tonight which was yummy, they got pissed on Champagne, their boyfriend farted in the bath, they changed a nappy on the train today, they did 2 hours in the gym & ache or some bird telling me she is having a cup of tea with two sugars before watching Desperate Housewives!!

Although it is reassuring to know that others' lives are just as mundane as ours!

Seriously though - I love Facebook. I think it's one of the best things about the technological age.

BangleMan Mar 25th 2009 5:51 am

Originally Posted by Bambi in Abu Dhabi (Post 7416669)
Although it is reassuring to know that others' lives are just as mundane as ours!

Seriously though - I love Facebook. I think it's one of the best things about the technological age.

I dont do any of those things......well, ok, maybe I watch Desperate Housewives, but thats it !

still.unsure Mar 25th 2009 5:53 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7416676)
I dont do any of those things......well, ok, maybe I watch Desperate Housewives, but thats it !

c'mon, you don't fart in the bath?

Confucius Mar 25th 2009 6:01 am

You should embrace technology...Well, all said and done, you should embrace your woman too...

Emerald_Eyes Mar 25th 2009 6:14 am

I love Facebook - I'm not sure what I would do without it now. When there was the rumour about Dubai banning it, I nearly had a breakdown!

By the way, you can filter news out, so you can hear less about the boring people and more about the interesting people or let's say the ones you want to keep an eye on... Are you bored of all my skiing updates? A friend told my OH the other day that my constantly updated status with little youtube links etc is driving him crazy!

BangleMan Mar 25th 2009 6:14 am

Originally Posted by still.unsure (Post 7416680)
c'mon, you don't fart in the bath?

no, cos the butt plug stops any emissions..

Confucius Mar 25th 2009 6:19 am

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes (Post 7416727)
I love Facebook - I'm not sure what I would do without it now. When there was the rumour about Dubai banning it, I nearly had a breakdown!

By the way, you can filter news out, so you can hear less about the boring people and more about the interesting people or let's say the ones you want to keep an eye on... Are you bored of all my skiing updates? A friend told my OH the other day that my constantly updated status with little youtube links etc is driving him crazy!

True...Your updates are taking things too far...

TGFKASE Mar 25th 2009 6:32 am

Doesnt this cover the majority of LH and Shadya's posts??? :p

BangleMan Mar 25th 2009 6:39 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 7416766)
Doesnt this cover the majority of LH and Shadya's posts??? :p

they are 'special friends' of mine

still.unsure Mar 25th 2009 6:43 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7416789)
they are 'special friends' of mine

are we talking 'special' as in the apparent US - UK relationship? or licking windows kind?

BangleMan Mar 25th 2009 6:51 am

Originally Posted by still.unsure (Post 7416799)
are we talking 'special' as in the apparent US - UK relationship? or licking windows kind?

the latter....

Autonomy Mar 25th 2009 6:59 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7416814)
the latter....

I can only assume you are talking about a modern day techno classic?

Aphex Twin - Window Licker

There is a full length vid too (not too language friendly though)

nottmbantam Mar 25th 2009 7:36 am

For those of us with an interest in football - try the Footy Shirt quiz on Facebook. Not as easy as it looks.

As sad as it is, I just tend to do the quizzes on there. :o

BTW,now on Season 4 of Desperate Housewives.

Meow Mar 25th 2009 7:43 am

You don't have to use FB you silly whinger! :rolleyes:

If you have dull friends that is just a reflection on you.... ;)

-