Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

I only just realised how much I hate Facebook

I only just realised how much I hate Facebook

Old Mar 25th 2009, 5:43 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Default I only just realised how much I hate Facebook

I originally joined to chat with friends or to hear from friends and family abroad etc, see some updated photo's etc

Now I have loads of people telling me that their kid has had it's first poo, or they ate a chocolate cake tonight which was yummy, they got pissed on Champagne, their boyfriend farted in the bath, they changed a nappy on the train today, they did 2 hours in the gym & ache or some bird telling me she is having a cup of tea with two sugars before watching Desperate Housewives!!

Who gives a monkeys chuff !
Old Mar 25th 2009, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Bambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I only just realised how much I hate Facebook

Originally Posted by BangleMan
I originally joined to chat with friends or to hear from friends and family abroad etc, see some updated photo's etc

Now I have loads of people telling me that their kid has had it's first poo, or they ate a chocolate cake tonight which was yummy, they got pissed on Champagne, their boyfriend farted in the bath, they changed a nappy on the train today, they did 2 hours in the gym & ache or some bird telling me she is having a cup of tea with two sugars before watching Desperate Housewives!!

Although it is reassuring to know that others' lives are just as mundane as ours!

Seriously though - I love Facebook. I think it's one of the best things about the technological age.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 5:51 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bambi in Abu Dhabi
Although it is reassuring to know that others' lives are just as mundane as ours!

Seriously though - I love Facebook. I think it's one of the best things about the technological age.
I dont do any of those things......well, ok, maybe I watch Desperate Housewives, but thats it !
Old Mar 25th 2009, 5:53 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

I dont do any of those things......well, ok, maybe I watch Desperate Housewives, but thats it !
c'mon, you don't fart in the bath?
Old Mar 25th 2009, 6:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

You should embrace technology...Well, all said and done, you should embrace your woman too...
Old Mar 25th 2009, 6:14 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

I love Facebook - I'm not sure what I would do without it now. When there was the rumour about Dubai banning it, I nearly had a breakdown!

By the way, you can filter news out, so you can hear less about the boring people and more about the interesting people or let's say the ones you want to keep an eye on... Are you bored of all my skiing updates? A friend told my OH the other day that my constantly updated status with little youtube links etc is driving him crazy!
Old Mar 25th 2009, 6:14 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by still.unsure
c'mon, you don't fart in the bath?
no, cos the butt plug stops any emissions..
Old Mar 25th 2009, 6:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
I love Facebook - I'm not sure what I would do without it now. When there was the rumour about Dubai banning it, I nearly had a breakdown!

By the way, you can filter news out, so you can hear less about the boring people and more about the interesting people or let's say the ones you want to keep an eye on... Are you bored of all my skiing updates? A friend told my OH the other day that my constantly updated status with little youtube links etc is driving him crazy!
True...Your updates are taking things too far...
Old Mar 25th 2009, 6:32 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Doesnt this cover the majority of LH and Shadya's posts???
Old Mar 25th 2009, 6:39 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Doesnt this cover the majority of LH and Shadya's posts???
they are 'special friends' of mine
Old Mar 25th 2009, 6:43 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

they are 'special friends' of mine
are we talking 'special' as in the apparent US - UK relationship? or licking windows kind?
Old Mar 25th 2009, 6:51 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by still.unsure
are we talking 'special' as in the apparent US - UK relationship? or licking windows kind?
the latter....
Old Mar 25th 2009, 6:59 am