Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

I need to write my CV...

I need to write my CV...

Old Sep 21st 2008, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

sassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I need to write my CV...

whew.. glad i took out the pic of me in my crocs before MH checked me out , what the hell am i gonna wear now ?
Old Sep 21st 2008, 5:14 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassypilotswife
whew.. glad i took out the pic of me in my crocs before MH checked me out , what the hell am i gonna wear now ?
your uggs....
Old Sep 21st 2008, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

sassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of light

sold them, they are on the website MM sent to ya I have seen those before and had no idea what they were and couldn't understand why the hell some celebrities would pay hundreds of dollars for a pair. They look like a medical device for patients with severe lower extremity edema.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 5:22 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

He's a freight pilot.. flies 747 and Airbus..
Is it different for freight then thought they could only be type rated on one aircraft (or varying types of that) ?? (Understand they can have 2 other rated types on licence but not current ..)
Old Sep 21st 2008, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

I am not sure about the UAE but my husband flew the 747 and Airbus prior to taking the job at MidEx. He is current on both at this time. His last job he was on the 747 until furloughed in June and was still current on the Airbus as well. All he had to do to go back to the A300 was 2 days ground school and 1 day of Sims to fly for Mid Ex. Currently he is type rated on both. If he does move back over to the 747 for MidEx he will only need a check ride for it as well depending how much time goes by. I am not sure the time frame for the UAE but if it expires, all he will have to do is go back in the sim and ground school for a few days. I heard the A380 was grounded for some reason. Is it still ? So are you in aviation as well ?
Old Sep 21st 2008, 5:42 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Yes understand all that but I thought you couldn't fly both types concurrent = not saying he will but .. pretty scary stuff if they just have a couple of days sim and ground school and swap around between types!!!!!!!!!!

Not in the business just a plane spotter (ha ha ha lollllllllllll )
Old Sep 21st 2008, 5:51 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Hello MH.. not sure if this will help you or not, but when i began job hunting in Dubai I googled CV + Dubai + samples + Paramedic and was able to merely edit my job history and dates and add a few things. I was offered both jobs so far. Prior to my days in EMS i was a head hunter for a couple of employment agencies. Keep it down to 1 page, no more than 2. And I can tell you 80% of getting a job is personality, eye contact and being attractive plays a huge part of course. If you do infact get an interview and you want the job always close the interview with this question " Do you have any reservations about my ability to do this job ?" If they say no, then ask " Great, when do I start ? " Best of luck to you, what kind of experience do you have? I would be happy to help you with your search.

An interviewee closing an interview??

Hmmm...........
Old Sep 21st 2008, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

LOL you think its scary ? try being the wife being at home and wondering it myself.. It's not the switching around that scares me, its seeing him at home trying to run a vaccuum cleaner or better yet, pick up a few things for me at the grocery store LOL. Actually the way it has worked was, depending on which line he flew would depend on the aircraft. He flew China for a year where they would commercial him to Macau or Tapei and he flew all around China and they used airbuses for those routes, then he bid and got a line that included Chicago to Italy to Amsterdam etc and that line was flying the 747. So he didn't fly them concurrently but he is still currently type rated on both due to company needs and his availability. Mid Ex has 1 747 so far but no crew openings until they get a couple of 747's back that they are currently leasing out. He wants to get back on the 747 as soon as possible. He has been flying for 25 years, he has flewn falcons, 737, 727, DC9, DC4 ( long long time ago) He wants to get a type rating on 767. Thats a nice ride. It's always a catch 22, airlines want 767 experience and you can't get it unless you get hired, or go spend 15,000 USD then you have to figure out where to get the experience they want you to have.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fairydust
Yes understand all that but I thought you couldn't fly both types concurrent = not saying he will but .. pretty scary stuff if they just have a couple of days sim and ground school and swap around between types!!!!!!!!!!

Not in the business just a plane spotter (ha ha ha lollllllllllll )
ATC ?
Old Sep 21st 2008, 6:00 am
Its all good

LOL you think its scary ? try being the wife being at home and wondering it myself.. It's not the switching around that scares me, its seeing him at home trying to run a vaccuum cleaner or better yet, pick up a few things for me at the grocery store LOL. Actually the way it has worked was, depending on which line he flew would depend on the aircraft. He flew China for a year where they would commercial him to Macau or Tapei and he flew all around China and they used airbuses for those routes, then he bid and got a line that included Chicago to Italy to Amsterdam etc and that line was flying the 747. So he didn't fly them concurrently but he is still currently type rated on both due to company needs and his availability. Mid Ex has 1 747 so far but no crew openings until they get a couple of 747's back that they are currently leasing out. He wants to get back on the 747 as soon as possible. He has been flying for 25 years, he has flewn falcons, 737, 727, DC9, DC4 ( long long time ago) He wants to get a type rating on 767. Thats a nice ride. It's always a catch 22, airlines want 767 experience and you can't get it unless you get hired, or go spend 15,000 USD then you have to figure out where to get the experience they want you to have.
Jeez can't see UK CAA allowing that??? Hubby away at the mo. must ask him when he gets back. Did he try Emirates?
Old Sep 21st 2008, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

UK CAA allowing what ? for a pilot to go from flying 747 to A300 or another type of aircraft? As I said, its not concurrent, He is current on both but currently flying the A300 and if he wants to go back to the 747, he would have to go back for GS and Sims and check ride. The airlines don't switch them up every other week if thats what you are wondering, it's too costly. However the airline he flew for did it because they were ignorant in their layoff procedures and laid off on seniority instead of line and type rating which moved my husband from the airbus to the 747 back to the airbus and then lastly the 747 however it was within 15 months time, hence the reason he's type rated on both right now. The airbus isnt that difficult to fly as long as auto pilot is on LOL. I will ask hubby too what the rules are in the UAE. We haven't discussed much since he's been gone 5 weeks. That definitely wasn't on our list of things to discuss. Mine was how much money can i spend when your gone and his was what will you be wearing when i fly home LOL . Mike did check into Emirates and he has a better salary, expat package and benefits than they could offer. Mid Ex is and will do very well. They are the first freight airline in the UAE. Its also nice to know that the whole fleet of airplanes are paid for. Jobs in the US have gotten rough for pilots. The layoff in June was hubby's second layoff in 3 years! Also MidEx hired 6 or 7 other guys he used to fly with at his previous job so they are all buddies and know how the other flies and works.

Last edited by sassypilotswife; Sep 21st 2008 at 6:17 am.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 6:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

UK CAA allowing what ? for a pilot to go from flying 747 to A300 or another type of aircraft? As I said, its not concurrent, He is current on both but currently flying the A300 and if he wants to go back to the 747, he would have to go back for GS and Sims and check ride. The airlines don't switch them up every other week if thats what you are wondering, it's too costly. However the airline he flew for did it because they were ignorant in their layoff procedures and laid off on seniority instead of line and type rating which moved my husband from the airbus to the 747 back to the airbus and then lastly the 747 however it was within 15 months time, hence the reason he's type rated on both right now. The airbus isnt that difficult to fly as long as auto pilot is on LOL. I will ask hubby too what the rules are in the UAE. We haven't discussed much since he's been gone 5 weeks. That definitely wasn't on our list of things to discuss. Mine was how much money can i spend when your gone and his was what will you be wearing when i fly home LOL . Mike did check into Emirates and he has a better salary, expat package and benefits than they could offer. Mid Ex is and will do very well. They are the first freight airline in the UAE. Its also nice to know that the whole fleet of airplanes are paid for. Jobs in the US have gotten rough for pilots. The layoff in June was hubby's second layoff in 3 years! Also MidEx hired 6 or 7 other guys he used to fly with at his previous job so they are all buddies and know how the other flies and works.
Hi there, Wife of Sassy Pilot,

First things first - your posts are WAAAAY too long - most of The Bored are of limited attention span and will not be able to read it all.

Now for my own confession:

"Things I Never Knew Until Today":

No. 1 - Al Ain has an airport.

I'll get me coat.........
Old Sep 21st 2008, 6:23 am
Its all good

UK CAA allowing what ? for a pilot to go from flying 747 to A300 or another type of aircraft? As I said, its not concurrent, He is current on both but currently flying the A300 and if he wants to go back to the 747, he would have to go back for GS and Sims and check ride. The airlines don't switch them up every other week if thats what you are wondering, it's too costly. However the airline he flew for did it because they were ignorant in their layoff procedures and laid off on seniority instead of line and type rating which moved my husband from the airbus to the 747 back to the airbus and then lastly the 747 however it was within 15 months time, hence the reason he's type rated on both right now. The airbus isnt that difficult to fly as long as auto pilot is on LOL. I will ask hubby too what the rules are in the UAE. We haven't discussed much since he's been gone 5 weeks. That definitely wasn't on our list of things to discuss. Mine was how much money can i spend when your gone and his was what will you be wearing when i fly home LOL . Mike did check into Emirates and he has a better salary, expat package and benefits than they could offer. Mid Ex is and will do very well. They are the first freight airline in the UAE. Its also nice to know that the whole fleet of airlines are paid for. Jobs in the US have gotten rough for pilots. The layoff in June was hubby's second layoff in 3 years!

Ok fair enough 2nd layoff in 3 years is bad news hope it works out better for you there Surprised about the package offer though, although basic with EK is not great when you add everything up its one of the best bar contract work
Old Sep 21st 2008, 6:29 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fairydust
Ok fair enough 2nd layoff in 3 years is bad news hope it works out better for you there Surprised about the package offer though, although basic with EK is not great when you add everything up its one of the best bar contract work
Says a wife who knows how to spend ....
Old Sep 21st 2008, 6:34 am
Its all good

Originally Posted by Ray
Says a wife who knows how to spend ....
Nahhhhh you're getting me mixed up with someone else

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.