Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

I need to write my CV...

I need to write my CV...

Old Sep 19th 2008, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Saj786 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I need to write my CV...

what a funny thread but i dont see how it helps MH and her CV - lol - came across the following link a few days ago, not fully read it but it may be useful:

http://www.employmentdigest.net/2008...-best-for-you/
Old Sep 19th 2008, 12:52 pm
It's what the eye see's..

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MataHari
any tips...or websites that could help me...
it's been ages since I did one, and never in English...always just rolled from one job into the other...
It's time to get my ass into gear and start working for a living...
Just use your common sense MH, it isn't that difficult actually. Just don't go into overkill on information. If I can put 30+ years of info on a single A4 you can to being 21

Dutchie
Old Sep 19th 2008, 1:09 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: I need to write my CV...

Originally Posted by Dutchie
If I can put 30+ years of info on a single A4 you can to being 21

Dutchie
Good point Dutchie, I used to use quite a long one but then read a study that said usually people sifting through CV's only read the first two pages so I condensed everything into two pages. This is a very popular approach in the US apparently and I have to say one of their better contributions to western society (Along with commercially supplied electricity and root beer).
Old Sep 19th 2008, 1:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Good point Dutchie, I used to use quite a long one but then read a study that said usually people sifting through CV's only read the first two pages so I condensed everything into two pages. This is a very popular approach in the US apparently and I have to say one of their better contributions to western society (Along with commercially supplied electricity and root beer).
standard practice in the UK to limit it to max 2 pages.
In France you have to compress it into 1.

MH is just lucky she won't have to put her photo on a CV here
Old Sep 19th 2008, 3:59 pm
It's what the eye see's..

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Hahaha... Jolly Joker!!! A long time ago I used to work as a HR manager. And sometimes I would get job application letters in with a CV attached covering more then 10 pages! No manager has the time to read through that much info. Overkill causes the most irritation levels. So bikini girl called MH? One page! It impresses the hell out of a manager.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 4:03 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

How much space space can it take

Banged out half a dozen kids

Mediocre at the weekly quiz

Cant cook or clean ...
Old Sep 20th 2008, 6:32 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
How much space space can it take

Banged out half a dozen kids

Mediocre at the weekly quiz

Cant cook or clean ...
that's me in a nutshel...
Old Sep 21st 2008, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

sassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of light

Hello MH.. not sure if this will help you or not, but when i began job hunting in Dubai I googled CV + Dubai + samples + Paramedic and was able to merely edit my job history and dates and add a few things. I was offered both jobs so far. Prior to my days in EMS i was a head hunter for a couple of employment agencies. Keep it down to 1 page, no more than 2. And I can tell you 80% of getting a job is personality, eye contact and being attractive plays a huge part of course. If you do infact get an interview and you want the job always close the interview with this question " Do you have any reservations about my ability to do this job ?" If they say no, then ask " Great, when do I start ? " Best of luck to you, what kind of experience do you have? I would be happy to help you with your search.

Last edited by sassypilotswife; Sep 21st 2008 at 2:36 pm.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 2:36 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassypilotswife
Hello MH.. not sure if this will help you or not, but when i began job hunting in Dubai I typed CV + Dubai + samples + Paramedic and was able to merely just edit my job history and dates and add a few things. I was offered both jobs so far. Prior to my days in EMS i was a head hunter for a couple of employment agencies and I can tell you 80% of getting a job is personality, eye contact and being attractive plays a huge part of course. If you do infact get an interview and you want the job always close the interview with this question " Do you have any reservations about my ability to do this job ?" If they say no, then ask " Great, when do I start ? "
oh I am very attractive...lmao
but I need to be picked for an interview first....
Old Sep 21st 2008, 3:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

If you do infact get an interview and you want the job always close the interview with this question " Do you have any reservations about my ability to do this job ?" If they say no, then ask " Great, when do I start ? "
if any of the people i've interviewed for jobs had ever asked that, they would have just blown it on the last hurdle...

MM, xx

Last edited by Madam Medusa; Sep 21st 2008 at 3:10 pm.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

sassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of light

We never had any complaints... matter of fact feedback from the respective employers liked the assertiveness. It has worked for me as well If however I need to apply for a job or recommend someone your way I will remember that
Old Sep 21st 2008, 3:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

If however I need to apply for a job or recommend someone your way I will remember that
very good...i'm never impressed by rehearsed answers...

MM, xx
Old Sep 21st 2008, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
very good...i'm never impressed by rehearsed answers...

MM, xx
you mean questions ? it's not a rehearsed question but rather closing the interview to see if in fact your qualified and could be the person for the job and also to find out without directly asking the interviewer if they are the " decision maker" That is an open ended question, a great sales technique and we are selling ourselves when interviewing. Often it is at that time when you learn that a second interview by someone else is required.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 4:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

you mean questions ? it's not a rehearsed question but rather closing the interview to see if in fact your qualified and could be the person for the job and also to find out without directly asking the interviewer if they are the " decision maker" That is an open ended question, a great sales technique and we are selling ourselves when interviewing. Often it is at that time when you learn that a second interview by someone else is required.
yeah, i meant rehearsed questions or answers...as i said, they wouldn't have worked for me, but maybe in some industries they are considered acceptable...

MM, xx
Old Sep 21st 2008, 4:04 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
yeah, i meant rehearsed questions or answers...as i said, they wouldn't have worked for me, but maybe in some industries they are considered acceptable...

MM, xx
what about the Basic Instinct cross your legs over technique...acceptable or not...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.