British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   I cannot put it off any longer... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/i-cannot-put-off-any-longer-497866/)

MataHari Dec 4th 2007 12:27 pm

I cannot put it off any longer...

The Xmas tree is going up tonight...I am just preparing myself for a load of stress...oh AND I still have to post a recipe for the what's for dinner thread...it's all becoming a bit much, this Twinkle like existance I am leading...

shakh your bootie Dec 4th 2007 1:05 pm

Re: I cannot put it off any longer...

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5631545)
The Xmas tree is going up tonight...I am just preparing myself for a load of stress...oh AND I still have to post a recipe for the what's for dinner thread...it's all becoming a bit much, this Twinkle like existance I am leading...

Humbug...

flipflop Dec 4th 2007 1:09 pm

im dreading putting my tree up as i just know that my mischievious kitten will be climbing it.:blink:

Bubbauk Dec 4th 2007 1:12 pm

Just spare a thought for some of us, seperated from our families, Passport at the ministry for kuwaitization, cant go anywhere and wife cant afford to come out.

Bah Humbug is definatly looking good right about now

Madam Medusa Dec 4th 2007 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5631545)

mh...i really am thinking you have been myseriously taken over by an alien being...

MM, xx

MataHari Dec 4th 2007 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Bubbauk (Post 5631675)
Just spare a thought for some of us, seperated from our families, Passport at the ministry for kuwaitization, cant go anywhere and wife cant afford to come out.

Bah Humbug is definatly looking good right about now

I'd kill for a Xmas on my own...it's always what you don't have that you want...

MataHari Dec 4th 2007 3:13 pm

anyway...the tree is done...so now all I need to do is take all the decorations out tomorrow and re-do them...the kids have a habit of hanging things in little clusters...not a good look

beebee Dec 4th 2007 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5632012)
anyway...the tree is done...so now all I need to do is take all the decorations out tomorrow and re-do them...the kids have a habit of hanging things in little clusters...not a good look

My daughter did ours today.. looks like she stood still whilst at it, nothing down the sides... then she said... "Tree Done, we need presents under it now..."

MataHari Dec 4th 2007 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by beebee (Post 5632488)
My daughter did ours today.. looks like she stood still whilst at it, nothing down the sides... then she said... "Tree Done, we need presents under it now..."

lol...and she's not 5 is she...

beebee Dec 4th 2007 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5632523)
lol...and she's not 5 is she...

no.. you will never believe what she wants for Xmas.. something that definitely WONT go under the tree.

camel jockey Dec 4th 2007 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by flipflop (Post 5631666)
im dreading putting my tree up as i just know that my mischievious kitten will be climbing it.:blink:

I'm worried about my one year old who has a facination at the moment with tinsel and anything sparkly..

beebee Dec 4th 2007 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by camel jockey (Post 5632708)
I'm worried about my one year old who has a facination at the moment with tinsel and anything sparkly..

You have two choices... baby in the playpen.. or the tree in it..

Lilacllamia Dec 4th 2007 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by beebee (Post 5632719)
You have two choices... baby in the playpen.. or the tree in it..

Am not doing tree this year. Christmas is in Dubai for me this year. doing Christmas early for e.one its driving me bananas.

MataHari Dec 5th 2007 4:15 am

1 Attachment(s)
the slightly adjusted tree...just doesn't look right with the sun shining behind it...I guess this is the only time I'd like it to be a bit dark and gloomy outside...

Paidtoplease Dec 5th 2007 4:21 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5634639)
the slightly adjusted tree...just doesn't look right with the sun shining behind it...I guess this is the only time I'd like it to be a bit dark and gloomy outside...

Oh decisions, Decisions, should I not put my tree up this year (two new very active wee kittens have joined the house) or put the tree up in the front bedroom where I can close the door but it will not be visible from the public rooms or do that and move it when I am in doors for any length on time ..or put it up regardless and let the kittens trash it daily ????

Nice Tree MH.