I am sorry in advance

Old Jul 10th 2009, 6:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I am sorry in advance

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
The planet or the human race?
The planet...I'm moving to the moon in 2016...
Old Jul 11th 2009, 6:17 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mariah_Saudi
this is what is so outrageous, if she had been a european or american it would have been all over the news and we never would've heard the end of it.
I think you're showing your true colours now.

In the UK we have people like Jason John Maze, Donald Hill, or Kriss Donald - a 15 year old boy snatched off the street by an Asian gang and subjected to a terrible ordeal: beaten, stabbed, doused in petrol and set ablaze.

Few of us will have heard about Gavin Hopley, the 19 year old who was kicked to death by up to eight Asian men in Oldham in February 2002...no one has been convicted to his murder.

In the UK and most of Europe at least, there is a near total boycott in the press of the white victims of non-white violence. Like with Christopher Yates, who had been out celebrating a birthday with a group of friends in London and, concerned about their safety, insisted on taking some of the women he was with to a bus stop to make sure they got home safely. Without warning he was assaulted by a gang of drunken Asian men - Sajid Zulfiqar, Zahid Bashir and Imran Maqsood — who stamped on his head, smashing every bone in his face before killing him.

After the murder the attackers shouted in Urdu, “We have killed the white man — that will teach an Englishman to interfere in Paki business.” Despite this appalling racism, the three were never convicted for committing a race crime — which would have meant a heavier sentence.

At least Marwa El Sherbiny's killer is going to rot in prison.

N.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

Mariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really nice

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
I think you're showing your true colours now.

In the UK we have people like Jason John Maze, Donald Hill, or Kriss Donald - a 15 year old boy snatched off the street by an Asian gang and subjected to a terrible ordeal: beaten, stabbed, doused in petrol and set ablaze.

Few of us will have heard about Gavin Hopley, the 19 year old who was kicked to death by up to eight Asian men in Oldham in February 2002...no one has been convicted to his murder.

In the UK and most of Europe at least, there is a near total boycott in the press of the white victims of non-white violence. Like with Christopher Yates, who had been out celebrating a birthday with a group of friends in London and, concerned about their safety, insisted on taking some of the women he was with to a bus stop to make sure they got home safely. Without warning he was assaulted by a gang of drunken Asian men - Sajid Zulfiqar, Zahid Bashir and Imran Maqsood — who stamped on his head, smashing every bone in his face before killing him.

After the murder the attackers shouted in Urdu, “We have killed the white man — that will teach an Englishman to interfere in Paki business.” Despite this appalling racism, the three were never convicted for committing a race crime — which would have meant a heavier sentence.

At least Marwa El Sherbiny's killer is going to rot in prison.

N.
OK you made your point.
I guess i am biased because i have known the victim personally,it is always a shock when someone you know dies unexpectedly, let alone in this unnatural way. I am emotionally involved in this story.
i guess there are hundreds if not thousands of unimaginable murders that occur and we never hear about them.

Last edited by Mariah_Saudi; Jul 11th 2009 at 6:31 pm. Reason: typo
Old Jul 11th 2009, 7:20 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
At the risk of sounding controversial, which I am, it is still allowed in Arab/Islamic countries to kill one's female relative/sister/etc and brand it as "Honour Killing"...

We also do not see that covered in the international media...

may GOD rest the soul in peace of the victims of this thread...
People are scared to report honour killings because they don't want to offend Muslims but the frequency of reporting them is increasing thankfully so the world can see this barbaric crime

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_ZWTx-QUj4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SyU3jlQ_jI

Sometimes these poor women are killed for things like being "too western" in dress and mannerism, let alone having boyfriends or sleeping with someone.

It's a disgusting symptom of a culture that still hasn't reached the 21st Century...

N.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 7:22 pm

Have to pick that up. It's mostly a choice in the secular West, but in some places people are born into devoutly religious families and communities where there is little or no exposure to alternatives and it is drilled into them from birth.
Valid point - and I think it highlights how secular countries fail their citizens who are raised in such environments.

It also shows how superior cultures allow religion to be a choice rather than brainwashing and intimidating children and critising them when they exhibit critical thinking skills.

N.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 7:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

People are scared to report honour killings because they don't want to offend Muslims but the frequency of reporting them is increasing thankfully so the world can see this barbaric crime

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_ZWTx-QUj4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SyU3jlQ_jI

Sometimes these poor women are killed for things like being "too western" in dress and mannerism, let alone having boyfriends or sleeping with someone.

It's a disgusting symptom of a culture that still hasn't reached the 21st Century...

N.
Youre absolutely spot on...People get away with a lot everywhere in the world...
Old Jul 12th 2009, 4:04 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Valid point - and I think it highlights how secular countries fail their citizens who are raised in such environments.

It also shows how superior cultures allow religion to be a choice rather than brainwashing and intimidating children and critising them when they exhibit critical thinking skills.

N.
Yet the supposedly superior cultures brainwash their children into becoming mindless cogs in the capitalist machine...learning to become a nice compliant contributors to the cycle of consumption...don't think too much, don't question too much, just have another glass of wine, read a celebrity magazine and watch Big Brother...

Or something like that, if I could be bothered to play devil's avocado...too many C words for my liking in there, though...
Old Jul 13th 2009, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting article from Germany regarding honour killings.

I wonder if Mariah will start emailing all and sundry in the media about it.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...555496,00.html
Old Jul 13th 2009, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Yet the supposedly superior cultures brainwash their children into becoming mindless cogs in the capitalist machine...learning to become a nice compliant contributors to the cycle of consumption...don't think too much, don't question too much, just have another glass of wine, read a celebrity magazine and watch Big Brother...

Or something like that, if I could be bothered to play devil's avocado...too many C words for my liking in there, though...
I agree with your rationale 100%.