Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

I allegedly owe Etisalat

I allegedly owe Etisalat

Old Nov 29th 2010, 4:45 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default I allegedly owe Etisalat

2200 Dhs or there abouts, longstanding argument over data. I remember a few years back a friend being detained at the airport over an outstanding Etisalat bill, do you think that is the case these days?
Old Nov 29th 2010, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

Purdey is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I allegedly owe Etisalat

I dunno but can you let us know after you leave as I have a similar problem!
Old Nov 29th 2010, 5:40 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

My understanding FWIW is that it only applies if you are leaving on an Exit Visa rather than just for a holiday. You should be okay but I would carry the Dhs2,200 in your purse... just in case.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 10:35 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
My understanding FWIW is that it only applies if you are leaving on an Exit Visa rather than just for a holiday. You should be okay but I would carry the Dhs2,200 in your purse... just in case.
there is no way I am paying that 2200 dhs!! trust me, hopefully this will get resolved before I leave
Old Nov 29th 2010, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, unlimited data usage huh?
Old Nov 29th 2010, 12:38 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by seven seas
Yeah, unlimited data usage huh?
not quite, but yes it it involves over use of data, outside of package
Old Nov 29th 2010, 12:45 pm
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
there is no way I am paying that 2200 dhs!! trust me, hopefully this will get resolved before I leave
pay up you cheapskate
Old Nov 29th 2010, 12:54 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by weasel central
pay up you cheapskate
not paying for something I haven't had
Old Nov 29th 2010, 1:28 pm
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

not paying for something I haven't had
sounds like a winning arguement in the airport to me good luck with that
Old Nov 29th 2010, 1:54 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by weasel central
sounds like a winning arguement in the airport to me good luck with that
I just hope it gets sorted before I leave but somehow can't see it
Old Nov 29th 2010, 4:49 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

2200 Dhs or there abouts, longstanding argument over data. I remember a few years back a friend being detained at the airport over an outstanding Etisalat bill, do you think that is the case these days?
Only last month a travel ban was placed on a lad at work for 350dhs which a car hire reckons he owed from 2 years ago, he swears he has had no contact during the period from when he hired the car to going on holiday. The travel ban had been placed between him leaving Dubai 8 months ago and last month. He offered to pay the amount there and then but immigration said he had to go pay them direct and wouldnt let him travel. he went to see the car hire company on the Sunday and paid it. They say they had tried to contact him several times but his PO box is still the same as is his mobile no. Anyway 350dhs cost him 4 days of his holiday, 4 nights lost hotel that was paid and all the hassle.
Blue cat maybe you should try to see if there is a travel ban on you before you try to leave!Have a feeling you are going to end up paying it anyway> Good luck
Old Nov 29th 2010, 4:56 pm
Roving Donny fan.

Location: Doncaster, UK. But not for long!!! Where's my visa!!!
glynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really nice

Crook in fronts.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 3:33 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by rowell
Only last month a travel ban was placed on a lad at work for 350dhs which a car hire reckons he owed from 2 years ago, he swears he has had no contact during the period from when he hired the car to going on holiday. The travel ban had been placed between him leaving Dubai 8 months ago and last month. He offered to pay the amount there and then but immigration said he had to go pay them direct and wouldnt let him travel. he went to see the car hire company on the Sunday and paid it. They say they had tried to contact him several times but his PO box is still the same as is his mobile no. Anyway 350dhs cost him 4 days of his holiday, 4 nights lost hotel that was paid and all the hassle.
Blue cat maybe you should try to see if there is a travel ban on you before you try to leave!Have a feeling you are going to end up paying it anyway> Good luck
that aint good Glynster I am not a crook
Old Nov 30th 2010, 8:55 am
Concierge

the twats have cut my phone off
Old Nov 30th 2010, 11:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

the twats have cut my phone off
what do you expect? you owe them 2200 Dh and are not paying?

conversely, they currently owe me 2000, I'm pretty sure that they won't pay that but I'm not going to stop using it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.